Blood Bowl Results By Race

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

I really shouldn't be throwing any stones. I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time mucking about with BB at work. So much so, that I might as well bring in a board.

Will Grumbledook be able to keep up his four million posts a day when he gets a job?

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

depends what kinda job i get as if i have internet access ;]

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Also, remember the tourney format is at/near tr 100. some teams get better as they go, some teams are better early on...which is a reason i'm surprised norse aren't higher too...they are usually a good tr100 team with all the blk.

Just goes to show how important coaching skill and luck is.
Actually, I would say to the contrary it shows that a star like GRIFF, :pissed: Luthor or Hthark has so much impact on the team that they may lift the 'coaching ability' very much. :cry: And, as firebreather pointed out, how will you stop a ST6 monster with skaven or norse? Or high elves? Tough call... :o

It is waaaay too easy to say coaches having one of the better stars were generally on top and the winner was the one clever enough to take two of them :wink: , but I am quite positive that with the same race distribution without stars a totally different result would occur. :o

Oh, and it's also way too easy to hide behind the statement: I had no stars I was supposed to lose and this is what I did. There are some nice examples of winning without them... :lol:

Further it's very difficult to compare this format and the numbers to other tourny results with more money to spend and no stars. There is a shift in the results which should be taken into account...

I am not against stars in total and general (I fielded one myself) but my first impression after the BB in Bugman's was that with the given format next year (yes, they might change it) the race distribution could suffer heavily next year and some teams might be quite exotic for that and no other reason, which would be a shame.

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Grumbledook wrote:no, but i think he is meant to ;]
:oops: Well as I did all that in Java it looks like work to everyone else...

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

lol nice 1

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Races and Star Players

Post by Smeborg »

Hi, Sputnik -

I'm inclined to disagree with your assertion that the racial tables would look very different without Star Players.

I think that the 2 races at the top of the table (Chaos Dwarfs and Undead) are the best 2 races in any form of BB (with or without Star Players). The reason they are the best is because they have the best defence (least TDs conceded, most likely to score on the opponent's receive). I would suggest that this is more important than a good offence, especially in tournament play.

But I guess I am only making a counter-assertion. Time will tell!

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Norse wrote:I'm surprised to see Amazons doing so well given the star player environment and their famous lack of star players....

To be honest, the Blood Bowl only showed me one thing... if you really, really want to win, take a human team with Griff & Luthor..

If you want to get the best laugh of your life.. take a goblin fanatic and shout out loud and proud... :D

PS Woody, I like your BBSpotting soundtrack very much... not sure you have the right accent though... :roll:
to be honest i think you could do almost as well with orcs having a varag on the team. your stars wouldn't be as impressive but you'd certainly have a much better overall team, and your star player would be VERY cost effective with the leader skill.