Spawny play of the tournament

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Spawny play of the tournament

Post by Smeborg »

How about it guys? Who is the candidate for spawny (i.e. cheesy) play of the tournament?

My friend Andy Skilling managed to pull off a one-turn last turn TD with his rookie Skaven to draw a game. Don't know how his opponent reacted. Andy Vulling from Oz tipped me off on the technique at CanCon, I taught myself and passed my knowledge on to Andy Skilling (the Twisted Tails) just before the tournament. He tried it 3 times, succeeding once. Great to pull that off in the Blood Bowl.

Cheers

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Not as spawny as a 1 turner (with or without quick snap?) but my final TD of my final game: Luthor has ball in the widezone on the LOS, catcher is marked deep in the Skavs backfield. Catcher dodges away from a Rat Ogre (I think) and waits in the endzone. Linemen block to create Luthor some space. Luthor dodges forward, hypno gazes to get to short pass range throws an innacurate pass - (no rerolls left) - ball scatters 3 times staying on the pitch and returning to the target square. Ball caught TD! 4-0 final score my opponent was not impressed :lol: That play was blessed by Nuffle.

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Al the Rat wrote: Linemen block to create Luthor some space. Luthor dodges forward, hypno gazes to get to short pass range throws an innacurate pass
You noticed that used wrong hypnotic gaze?
Lots of people did, and I didn't notice until saw something about on other post. Hypotic Gaze should be used before declaring an action with other player of the team... take a look into the LRB

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I believe its badly worded. You used to be able to use hypnotic gaze then use other players and then go back and use the vampire. Now you have to use hypnotic gaze as part of a players action, so if you want to gaze then you have to use the vampire at that point as well.

If you use the wording exactly how it is in the LRB then basically it says you have to use the vampire first just like wild animal if you want to use hyp gaze. I tihnk the whole must use it before another player declairs his action has you confused. Its another player declairs an action after the vampires action.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I talked this morning with Babs through AIM and told him about this. He agreed with the actual wording and said this was changed to make Hypnotic gaze less powerful. So... we played wrong.

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

So it has to be used as the very first action of your team turn?

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

that sucks ! ! !

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Seems that's the answer... a kind of WA that you choose to use or not.
In fact, actually this only affects Luthor and downgrade him a little is not bad (my point, of course).

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

The wording of Hypon gaze is very confusing. The ECBBL went through this before the tourney and we pretty much agreed it just meant that you had to use it during Luthor's action. Otherwise it becomes a bit silly.

BBRC? Any official comment?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Ancalagon wrote:
Al the Rat wrote: Linemen block to create Luthor some space. Luthor dodges forward, hypno gazes to get to short pass range throws an innacurate pass
You noticed that used wrong hypnotic gaze?
Lots of people did, and I didn't notice until saw something about on other post. Hypotic Gaze should be used before declaring an action with other player of the team... take a look into the LRB
Anca I thought that too, but I got a ruling from Andy Hall first thing on Saturday before any games were played. He ruled that it is a free action that must be taking between declaring Luthor's action and declaring the action of the next player. So it does not mean that Luthor has to act first to use it. If he had said differently then obviously I would have played differently.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Well, maybe BBRC should tell something on this, but as said, I talked this morning to babs and he was aware about this... at the end Andy was one of the managers of the tournament and this means he had the last word. We also agree that this skill description should be clear... or confirmed by BBRC

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

back on track...

does killing 3 norse on one turn with Fungus and Bomber count as spawny?

if that included rolling 4 double 6s consecutively would that count as spawny?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I used up my spawny 1 turn TD (with rookie skaven) against Ian in the ECBBL final in Bugmans on Friday night. 3 consecutive attempts to pull it off with my woodelves during the tournament failed at the first dice roll ;)

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

My spawniest moment was when a goblin of mine made 3 dodges into the middle of a pack and picked up the ball without requiring a re-roll.

The spawniest I saw though was my opponent who had no re-rolls never failing any turn-ending roll. Some guys have all the luck.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

i have my own very special story to tell about that hypnotic gaze bit.

like i wrote in my game report, i was ruled wrong by andy hall on this issue. after the game i went up to him and showed him the respective paragraph in the rulebook. at first he didn´t get what i wanted, he thought i was challenging his decision. what i really wanted was that the other players should be told how to use it properly. i asked him to announce that before the last 3 games on the second day. he told me he would.

next morning he seems like he forgot about it, so i walk up to him and ask him again to tell the correct way to everyone (i had noticed by this time that many people used him wrong). he didn´t want to and i have no idea why. luckily jervis johnson comes along and asked what the fuss is about. i tell him, he tells andy hall to announce it to the other players. turns around and walks away. as soon as he´s gone andy ignores me.

the end.

great, huh?
The wording of Hypon gaze is very confusing. The ECBBL went through this before the tourney and we pretty much agreed it just meant that you had to use it during Luthor's action. Otherwise it becomes a bit silly.
actually the wording is very clear.
it can be used after declaring an action.
and it has to be used before any other players has taken a action.
i don´t see any cause for confusion.

ps: i don´t dare to think about the fact that the winner had a vamp on his roster.

[url=http://carshownet.com]wheels[/url]