Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Message for Lucy

Post by Smeborg »

Hi Lucy -

Enjoyed our game very much (second).

Sorry if I played slowly - I think that's because I made so many mistakes and was trying to recover from them!.

Would love to play against you again some time - difficult to see how unless at another tournament.

Cheers

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

l_dauguet wrote:Hey Evil git, you were absolutly right, game 5 was between me and you. I enjoyed that game very much (and not only coz i won :wink: )
I'm still wondering how those little halflings could throw rocks??? :lol:

come and ave your revenge in france in may at Longshot torny :D
yeah i wasn't sure about the rocks either. you'd have thought they weren't big enough to pick them up or something :lol:

i'll look forward to meeting up agin one of these days l_dauguet. i'm not sure if i can make the one in may but who knows. well done on beating me, you really showed me what to do there.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Oh don't start complimenting a french Evil Git!!!! :wink: :lol: It can go for ages.
But that game was really good. You kept on fighting til the end and that was really fun. Too bad we couldn't do the last 2 turns coz of the scheddule :( Big up for you.
Big up as well for my last opponent. Sorry i don't remember your name :oops: You were playing wood elves. You had a black and white polo shirt. 2nd half, turn 6, he had only 1 runner on the pitch, but always kept the smile. And even with 3 or 4 players he kept on defending! Dodging in 4 tackle zones to blitz and succeed. Apart from the result, it really was my most entertining game! :D

Next time I win !!!
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

kip^walker wrote:yup your both right.. wild animal sux. just wanted your opinion and i guess i can't just come out of nothing saying simething stupid like that :P

but still any player without block who's there to make blocks is dangerous imo.

and yes i'm troels in #19
Kip, I'd agree with you that a player without block who regularly blocks is a little dangerous. However, Headsplitter doesn't have block.

So I do refuse to take him or take him knowing that I can delay using him until the end of the turn for a two die block (1 in 9 chance of both down, 55% chance of oppo going down without dodge), give him an assist (and make the chances 1 in 27 of both down and 19 in 27 chance of oppo going down without dodge), give him the ball in screened play (he'll catch it on 3's with a Team Reroll and he's difficult to stop) or just track down opposing danger players like Hthark, Morg, Varag and piling on mummies (players that I have no chance of stopping without him).

Headsplitter hasn't got block but he has a myriad of uses outside of that. For the record, I didn't take a thrower to the bloodbowl so all my throws were made with AG4 gutter runners. No pass but the other advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Re: Message for Lucy

Post by Princelucianus »

Smeborg wrote:Hi Lucy -

Enjoyed our game very much (second).

Sorry if I played slowly - I think that's because I made so many mistakes and was trying to recover from them!.

Would love to play against you again some time - difficult to see how unless at another tournament.

Cheers
I enjoyed it as well. No crap about IP and I have no problem with relaxing while playing. The next time will be a different story. Guess it will be a friday night next year in Bugmann's. The chances to draw eachother during the tourney are small indeed. I played nobody I knew this tourney, they were sitting besides me namely.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
kip^walker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kip^walker »

ok i see your point there geggster, at least i agree that headsplitter is a very useful player; especially cause he has a chance against luthor, griff etc.

But there's one think i don't understand: how did you calculate the chances of succes or failure? i've always counted a two die block without block on the attacker, as a 1 out of 12 failure (there's 3 of these outcome out of the 36 possibly outcomes, devided by three = 1/12). But anyway this just makes the two die blocks even safer than with your calculation 1/9. Would be nice to know which is right though.

/kip

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Kip, there is four possibilities of failure with a two dice block without block skill. Double skulls, double down, skulls on dice one and both down on the other AND both down on one dice and skulls on the other.

That makes four in 36, 1 in 9.

An easier way of calculating it though is one in three chance of failure on one dice multiplied by one in three chance of failure on the other. 1 in 9.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

More for Lucy

Post by Smeborg »

Hi again, Lucy - I also didn't play anybody I knew at the tournament.

I was in a group of 6 guys formerly from Guildford. Like you, I spent most of the tournament with one or two of them next to me. It was quite nice - we could have witnesses to the spawny plays.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
kip^walker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kip^walker »

ah yeah see. must have forgot theres two block/skull. thanks for sorting that out geggster :)

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

kip^walker wrote:But there's one think i don't understand: how did you calculate the chances of succes or failure?
The easy way is:
1) Chance of failure on 1 dice = 1/3
2) Square it (because there are 2 dice): 1/3 * 1/3 = 1/9

To work out success, work out the chance of failure and then take it away from 1.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams