What? No Limited Edition Figure!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Mocaiv
Veteran
Veteran

What? No Limited Edition Figure!

Post by Mocaiv »

Well I did not get one...

Nothing but a Bloodbowl 2003 coin...for use as a score counter...

Reason: ''
cidervampire
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cidervampire »

it was a bit cheap of them. considering they raked in about 8 grand from the tickets you'd think the top prize would be worth at least the price of the ticket

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

me too - I've posted about this in the miniatures forum...

I think we should get a coin every year, possibly in the form of a tournament players medallion, AND a figure - they don't cost that much, and even if they charge £2 more they are covering costs.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Tickets are £40, which includes entry to the tournament, 3 meals and a special edition figure (for coaches that play all six games).

That is the exact wording that is on the Blood Bowl web-site with regards the "Figure". Now i dont translate the word figure into Score Counter. I knew i'd seen this somewhere, so i was feeling quite disappointed yesterday having had a grerat weekend only to find a fairly hastily rushed cast of a knocked together score token about as thick as a piece of tin foil.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

my feelings exactly

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Yeah... the coin that I just saw a picture of on the other thread... DOESN'T = figure.

It looked a little weak...as in cheap, junk, like an after thought. I think that if I had gone over to England, with the expectation of getting a limited edition figure and had received that 'coin' instead, I would be b#$ching also.

Has anyone pointed this out to Fanatic, that their 'contract' promised a figure, not a marker?

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

not as far as I know, but I can guess what the response will be.
unless they are going to surprise us and ship out a figure to everyone

:wink:

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Agreed. People were buzzing all weekend waiting to find out what the special figure was going to be. I wouldn't even keep the coin as a collectors piece or memento, it's ugly, it looks cheap, and I have to say I'm disappointed with it.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Crap Coin

Post by dantitan76 »

I also agree with all of you. Its a pity to find out that you dont get anything. We even made some bets!!! Everybody was wrong of course. Well hopefully next year, they will change...

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

While i was getting battered all weekend i consoled myself with the thought of a nice new mini at the end, needless to say i wasn`t impressed cheap and nasty.

Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Having seen those new elves I reckon just about everyone would have been happy with a pre-release figure from a soon to be generally available line - but as it is I feel like getting a new shirt for next time captioned "I went to Nottingham and all I got was this lousy coin"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wot, no rugby top! :o

Yeah, I was disappointed with the coin as well.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

I already got the rugby shirt - but I reckon Marcus'll probably want to find somewhere to supply us black with a gold hoop next time. That reminds me I saw your name on the score sheets during the tourney but didn't manage to track you down - we'll have to play a complete game some other time.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Everytime I saw you you were hunched over a board with a look of intense concentration on your face, so I thoought best not to disturb you :wink: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Hehehe - that sounds familiar - no-one gave me the chance to relax in any of my games. Even the few big wins I posted could've gone belly up if Nuffle blessed the opposition, and the draws/ close losse were intense.

Can't wait till the next one - I've been bitten by the tourney bug and it won't let go!