We wuz robbed!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

kip^walker
Rookie
Rookie

thanks to all for a great weekend

Post by kip^walker »

i wonna thank all my opponents for some good and intence games, i was surprised to play six games and not one of them with bad feelings of any kind after the final whistle, thats always pleasant to see :D

It was my first tournament out of the boarders of denmark and it was very interesting meeting so many different styles of playing the game and cool to see that denmark was represented with 3 players in top20, including myself in #19 (coached the woodwatchers _not_ the lightning gloves)

anyway good game to all my opponents and im sad there werent enough time to play all of ya :P

/Troels aka kip^walker

Reason: ''
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

As far as my games went, I had a nightmare...players kept getting injured very very quickly (lost my Krox first turn in one game, and in several games I played with just 7 players for the majority of the game)...plus my skinks had an aversion to dodging.. :-?

Also, no matter how tight my defence was I just could stop Griff and Luthor just walking all over me.

I think that if they keep Star Players in next year I guess I am going to have to against my stupid principles and take one..(Jordell and a bunch of WD's looks pretty good to me atm).

Still, aside from my game results I had a great time. Meeting up with all those TBBers. I meet so many people I can only apologise to those of you I didn't get chance to find and meet...maybe some other tournament. :D

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

I feel a bit guilty for not having taken a rookie team. My Luthor was pretty powerful since I played Lizards twice. Hypno gaze and blitz makes quite a big hole in a line of sauri :o and I got lucky in one injuring the krox early in the first half.

I had a couple of close losses and a draw which were all games that I could have won. I could blame bad dice, but really it was a failure to finish on scoring chances, and not keep my defence tight enough. Second game was a real nail-biter, against Thomas who eventually won overall. Lost 1-0 after a game of end to end play where we both had 2 or 3 chances to score that were closed out at the last minute by desperate defence or failed gfi's. A skink snuck through midway in the second half but I couldn't force through for the equalizer. Great game that I walked away from shaking, nerves almost shot to pieces. That game was the highlight for me. But I WUZ ROBBED I tell ya.

It was cool to put some faces to names though, and go on my first tour with the ECBBL.

Bring on the next one and it'll all be different.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

GenoNBBL: it was me you had your terrible game 6 with. Really sorry about that good luck of mine in that game, but i had very bad luck in game 3 and 5, it just happens.

I went 57th with my Chaos dwarfs (if i counted the lines on the damn scoring sheet correctly), fielding: Hthark, 6 Chaos Dwarfs, 6 hobbos, 3 RRs, 1 FF.

Results:
1-1 draw (Humans, almost no casultys on both sides, damn close)
2-0 win (Gobbos, i was very lucky, just crushing 'em: 8-0 cas)
1-3 loss (damn wood elfs, could not break their armor (1 cas only) and suffered 4 man pitch invasion).
2-0 win (Orcs without Stars, and not very lucky, failed the classic 2+ GFI to make it 2-1)
1-2 loss (Chaos Dwarfs, Hthark dropped out on both sides. 0-2 CAS (both Chaos Dwarfs and his bull centaur made the difference. Battled successfully against the 1-3 by drawing him to my luck level :)
3-0 win (Chaos, see above - just not his day. He even started with 10 players after a prekickoff-throw-a-rock took out his first player).
3 painting points
1 sportsmanship point

BOY, i had fun in that tournament!

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I had what can only be described as a NIGHTMARE.
The dice just weren't rolling my way all weekend, leaving me and a couple of others down on the lower tables knocking each other off with draws.

My scores:
Lost 0-2 to Luthored up undead. He finished 21st.
Drew 1-1 with Orcs.
Drew 1-1 with Orcs. The ones nominated for best painted.
Drew 1-1 with Halflings (THREE trees, all of whom had block by this stage, and all of whom showed up at the start. He was also pretty good with them. Geggster had beaten him 2-1 in the first game.)
Drew 1-1 with Lizards (three quarters of the game he didn't miss a single roll. Just couldn't hurt his skinks.)
Won 2-0 against Norse (the poor fella who finsihed second to last.)

Amazing that losing only a single game all weekend can leave you so low down the rankings, but thats the way the cookie crumbles and all that.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Change that to amazing how only winning one game can leave you so far down. I lost a game and finished above quite a few people who didn't lose any.

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Thads,

You are confusing me with Ian Williams. He beat your Halfling Opponent in Game One 2-1.

'Dook, yes, you were higher than some who didn't lose a game but winning 5 and losing one is better than winning four and drawing two (me) so I don't think there should be any complaints that you finished fourth and me ninth.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Heh i am not complaining ;]

By the way did you win anything other than a certificate for getting the most tds?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Grumbledook wrote:Change that to amazing how only winning one game can leave you so far down. I lost a game and finished above quite a few people who didn't lose any.
's all down to the point system in the end.
Do two draws equal a win and a loss? I think they probably should.

Discuss at will. It went the way it did. I'm pissed off I ended up so far down the rankings, but I'm not going to start bitching and saying it was unfair.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Aside from the prestige, no.

No one was given a prize other than the two trophies.

I did have to give my address over for the mispelt certificate to be posted on so maybe I might get a surprise.

I'm not sure I could be more pleased though so I don't care.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

The only complaint I have is that I Converted and Painted 11 very nice models and didn't even shortlist!! That :pissed: me off a lot..

Ancalagon's lizards were gorgeous and should also have been shortlisted..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Thadrin wrote:Drew 1-1 with Halflings (THREE trees, all of whom had block by this stage, and all of whom showed up at the start. He was also pretty good with them. Geggster had beaten him 2-1 in the first game.)
I had him 1st up - and he really did know how to play the little guys. He ought to be the top ranking NAF halfling coach.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

As this was my first major tournament, my hopes were to finish around 100. That I ended up 26th was a great surprise.

I was destroyed once by Joe Grimwade's Chaos Dwarfs, who wasn't able to get my last two players off the pitch (Mummy, Ghoul) He fouled about six or seven times and I only rolled 1s and 2s....once I made a 6 just like he did for the argue :( . This was a serious setback and left me unmotivated until the next game....

John Kearney put his Norse on the field and first I was afraid of their block skill (played Norse successfull two years in a row in the local tournament) but the game turned to a 4-0 in TD's and 6-0 in Cas (and many in the KO Box)

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

GenoNBBL: it was me you had your terrible game 6 with. Really sorry about that good luck of mine in that game, but i had very bad luck in game 3 and 5, it just happens.
Nearly the same here mate, sorry if I was a bit peeved by that game but Nurgle has a bastard sense of humor at times ;)

My games were:

Sons of Zodiac (2-1)
DFC (2-2) (my best game of the weekend, amazing good and bad luck in that one.
Brutal Deluxe (0-1) (very slow grinding game that one)
Orc team lead by an Irish chap (0-3) (terrible luck, we went from pouring rain to sweltering heat, add to that all the injury rolls going the Orc way and I had a pretty bad game! Good opponent though)
Lizardman team (3-2) Fast paced from the start but the casualties went my way and I made good use of it.
Tim (0-3) ARGH! Horrible, awful luck not to mention my brain taking a vaction at the most inopportune time and leaving me with bad tactical desisions. I think I was pissed off about the coin still...... :pissed: Well played by Tim though.

Enjoyed the weekend and I will be back next year, and the year after....

Now I need to setup a DeathBowl tournament when there's little else going on, not easy!

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Various

Post by Smeborg »

Hi Marcus - Paul Deacon (me) wore a pink shirt on the final day (to match my Hobgoblins) and played the last game at table 6 (i.e. really table 7). I had a Hthark - for more details see the results thread.

Hi Elfhater - you were not the only Goblin coach - Chris Appleford (the Comedy of Errors) from my former club in Guildford was also there.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless