Pre Tournament Friendly, anyone ??

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

shAndy
Rookie
Rookie

Pre Tournament Friendly, anyone ??

Post by shAndy »

As the BB tourney approaches, does anyone local to Nottingham fancy meeting up at WW for a final run out with their teams ??

I have some ideas about the skills I will take, just want to test them out a bit......(although my choices will most likely change, when I see some other cool idea from someone else at the tourney !!)

I could make the following times down at WW - Sunday 16th (would need to know by the end of today though, as no email at home!!), Wed 19th ( i know this is a U16 night at WW, but I'm sure we could grab a table somewhere...), Thurs 27th.....

Cheers

Reason: ''
shAndy

...no matter, i shall just use a re-roll........oh
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I take it that that there will be plenty of BB played on the friday night. I know il be there with my Nores Were'wolves.....RABID :evil: Im looking forwards to killing of some of Evil-gits Flings before the real fun starts on sat. :D

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

shaniepoo

i'm sure if you ask nicely enough, you'll be able to beat either my human team or my orc team.

hell, buy me a beer and you can beat them both.

...it's a deal, a steal, it's the sale of the ******** century!...

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

If everything goes OK we (6 spanish) will arribe to London/luton at 19:00 of Friday and the we will take the car to nottingham, so I don't think we are going to play that night...

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I was intending being down Bugmans on the friday. Who wants some then?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Thadrin,

maybe we could play a game. I'll be in the car together with you as Paul is so nice to pick me up at Heathrow. :D I stay in the Travel Inn City South (i think you booked there too).

CU,
Tim.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

OK Tim (and you're right on all counts as far as transport and accomodation go.)...and anyone else interested (especially Firebreather and McSnaga seeing as you'll be with us too)...hows this for a plan:

You lot are picking me up around 12-30.
Means we should be in Nottingham around 2-30 latest.
I reckon we dump our stuff at the Travel Inn, go have a look at Warhammer World museum, grab a bite to eat, then go off to Bugmans and have a few games over a few ales.

McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

Sounds good to me, my future travelling companions.

Immortal Chthulu Moment:
"Godfrey, it's stepped out of the circle. Is it supposed to do that?"

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Thadrin wrote:I was intending being down Bugmans on the friday. Who wants some then?
has anyone ascertained if we can get into GW HQ before the Saturday???

might be worth having a second choice in mind in case Bugmans is of limits..

last time I was there I was watching a live strip show... ah, GW, an equal opportunities employer... :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I was under the impression they had gaming and stuff at WW every evening....but apparently they shut at 6 on fridays. We'll have to find somewhere else for friendlies UNLESSSSSSS
we can get Andy Hall to persuade them to open up for a pre-tourney social?

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Evil Git said
shaniepoo

i'm sure if you ask nicely enough, you'll be able to beat either my human team or my orc team.

hell, buy me a beer and you can beat them both.
What are you using in the Tournament human, orcs or flings?

As for the drink, i owe you a few drinks for the travel there and back :D [/quote]

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

We might need a poll of just how many people are staying in that travel inn! I (and friend) will be up for some friendlies on the friday (in a vague hope it will distract me from drinking too much before saturday morning). So whatever the plan we'll happily amble along (if invited :wink: ). Maybe we should just get travel inn to let us use a conference room... Bugmans sounds more appealling though - especially with strippers.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Slinky78 wrote:We might need a poll of just how many people are staying in that travel inn! I (and friend) will be up for some friendlies on the friday (in a vague hope it will distract me from drinking too much before saturday morning). So whatever the plan we'll happily amble along (if invited :wink: ). Maybe we should just get travel inn to let us use a conference room... Bugmans sounds more appealling though - especially with strippers.
That was just for staff... me and the Dutch crowd are at the Riverside along with Spyke and BiD...

no idea where that is though... we definitely need to hook up.. I've NEVER used my team before in a competitive game nor have I ever used stars before.... I'm so going to finish 200th..... :oops:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Thadrin wrote:I was under the impression they had gaming and stuff at WW every evening....but apparently they shut at 6 on fridays. We'll have to find somewhere else for friendlies UNLESSSSSSS
we can get Andy Hall to persuade them to open up for a pre-tourney social?
Nobody panic. From AndyH:
"There is no way on earth that Bugman's will be closed on Friday night! If people want to come on Friday then that is fine and they are more than welcome........Bugman's will definitely be open to all that want to come!

See you in there guys. :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Deathwing wrote: Nobody panic. From AndyH:
"There is no way on earth that Bugman's will be closed on Friday night! If people want to come on Friday then that is fine and they are more than
welcome........Bugman's will definitely be open to all that want to come!

See you in there guys. :wink:
Excellent. Marcus & I may well be playing the ECBBL Chaos Cup final in Bugmans then.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams