1 day and counting

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Heh i know where it went wrong and Hthark rolling double 1 3 times and seriously injuring himself did not help ;]

What about your slayer failing duntless then rolling double pow :p

Next time gadget next time!

Reason: ''
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

We'll see if it happens in nottingham won't we?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Don't worry about it Grumble, Dave never lets slip a chance of public gloating...there was the time he finished off a long defunct pbem playtest game by playing both sides and posted the result on here (about 6 weeks since I'd last seen the file)..and we'll never hear the last of Tulips (that's still getting casually dropped into posts).
I'm not normally the kind of person to wish a bad tourney on anybody, but, well, a huge nosedive in ranking with those beloved boring stunty little tossers could be a 'good thing'TM for the forums in general.
And the 'moral of the story' is: Nobody likes a bad winner.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Heh i aint worried i didn't exactly play to my teams strengths, I know exactly where i went wrong.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Deathwing wrote:Don't worry about it Grumble, Dave never lets slip a chance of public gloating...there was the time he finished off a long defunct pbem playtest game by playing both sides and posted the result on here (about 6 weeks since I'd last seen the file)..and we'll never hear the last of Tulips (that's still getting casually dropped into posts).
I'm not normally the kind of person to wish a bad tourney on anybody, but, well, a huge nosedive in ranking with those beloved boring stunty little tossers could be a 'good thing'TM for the forums in general.
And the 'moral of the story' is: Nobody likes a bad winner.
I wrote a long reply to this, but it didn't seem right.
I'll take it quickly:
1) Public Gloating? never without tongue firmly in cheek.
2) The PBeM game was never public gloating. As I said at the time I wanted to develop a team. This was before I got the chance to try various teams in FUMBBL and RABBL. You had bad luck, I just wanted the game finished. You'd upgraded the tool and COULDN'T finish it. What was I supposed to do then?
3) I'm certainly due a bad tourney after the luck I had in Amsterdam. Remember one thing though - thats my ONLY tournament point of reference. If I have to comment on effectiveness of stuff at tournaments, thats all I have first hand experience. Lets remember that the guys I'm talking up for next week are Del and Marcus - I certainly don't rate myself.
Again, you had bad luck when we played there. I'm also still on a high that I actually did well in the tournament, because I met a bunch of good blokes and had such a good time.

I'll lose with as much enthusiasm as I win. I'll more than likely demonstrate that next week. I posted the news about my match against Grumble to give those of us NOT taking star players a bit of hope, an have a nudge at the fact that the inclusion of stars has led to a few very cheesy rosters - Grumble has said his was one of them. It felt good to see something like that fail TBH.

If you think I'm a poor winner...well, sorry. I'm me. You don't like that, then it also saddens me that I've lost a mate.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Apologies all, I'll take this off-board where it belongs.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

C'mon boys, play nice!

well, until next weekend I mean!

I am pleased to announce that I have 11 painted models for the BB.. just need to flock and varnish tonight and we are done... :D

sadly, those 11 models are missing a blitzer which I was rather hoping to take, so tonight will be a busy one as I leave for the UK tomorrow.. :x

if that was not worrying enough, I really screwed up my left hand yesterday in a brave but foolish attempt to take a vine out of my Mother's back garden... the vine won and the fingers of my left hand no longer work... carpal tunnel injury or such... :oops:

so... if on Saturday you see 10 really nice models posed in such a way to hide the really crappy one at the back then don't ask! :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

FIVE DAYS!!!

-painting, painting, painting!!!!!!!!-

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Hmm, is that a spot on the nose of Hthark? ... oh, and there's a tiny glitch in the 2nd highlight color of the grain of my headcoaches walking stick ...

might fix it today ... or tomorrow ... ah, plenty of time ... 8) 8) 8)

:smoking: Tim.

P.S. I hope my new digicam will arrive until the tourney. I really want to take tons of pictures from all of your nicely painted teams (and you of course).

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

's OK...DW and I have exchanges mails, and as long as my semi concious (read: only half awake after the weekend shift) didn't write something stupid we're cool again.

Now to more important matters: Whatever norse is taking has BLITZERS.

Now, that could mean Dark Elves...but they aren't the greatest tournament team due to cost...SKaven and dwarfs are already out...pretty sure its something with plastic figs for converting...and because Woody said he had half what Norse was taking...hmmm...Humans maybe? Orcs a possibility seeing as Woody is on the greens...but I now think he's living up to his name.
GAH. I guess I'll find out on saturday.

darthnoir
Star Player
Star Player

Post by darthnoir »

Off to catch my flight across the Atlantic.

I look forward to seeing everyone there (and to the crushing defeats I'll be receivng from at least 6 of you).

Take care

-Marcus Ervin

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Ack..less than a week left to enjoy my title as Blood Bowl Champ... :(

I need an extension..haven't milked being the champ enough... :)

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Thadrin wrote:'s OK...DW and I have exchanges mails, and as long as my semi concious (read: only half awake after the weekend shift) we're cool again.

Now to more important matters: Whatever norse is taking has BLITZERS.

Now, that could mean Dark Elves...but they aren't the greatest tournament team due to cost...SKaven and dwarfs are already out...pretty sure its something with plastic figs for converting...and because Woody said he had half what Norse was taking...hmmm...Humans maybe? Orcs a possibility seeing as Woody is on the greens...GAh. I guess I'll find out on saturday.
Norse also said something about playing with SP so norses are out too :roll:

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

YOu quote that just as I edit the original post to say I now thought he was going with Norse (got kicked off the computer at work when writing that entry earlier, hence the chunk that got missed.)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Norse will not reveal his team choice....

but he will be in Bugmans on Friday night if anyone wants a sneak preview of my team... ;-)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers