NAFC 2024 Prize team - Khorne

This forum is dedicated to the upcoming NAF Championship Tournament. It also contains posts relating to the defunct Games Workshop Blood Bowl Grand Tournament. DO NOT post unrelated material in this forum.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

NAFC 2024 Prize team - Khorne

Post by spubbbba »

I’m again doing the a team for the NAFC 2024 that one attendee will win.

This year it is Khorne, a relatively new team. I bought the new plastic boxed set, along with the expansion Bloodspawn and some stars from Forgeworld.

As always, with Blood Bowl teams being small I hate to have duplicate models, the expansion pack helps that with 2 extra marauders and 2 Khorngors. To add even more variety to the Bloodborn Marauders I added in 2 models from the Warcry box Garrek’s reavers, they were also the inspiration for the bases; bare cracked earth with plenty of skulls. I did a quick body swap for the 8th player using the plastics as well.

For the Khorngors, my pack was either missing one body or I lost it somehow. Necessity is often the mother of invention and I was able to make another using some of the bitz I had collected over the years. The resin head and arms I did have from that model were added to the plastic Khorngor so he looked more unique too.

The Bloodseekers didn’t need much I had some torsos, heads and shoulder pads from Bloodcrushers as had planned a Khorne themed chaos team years before the official one came out. A couple of simple body, head and limb swaps made 2 of them unique. I always like to have a model to represent the team captain, one Bloodseeker got a bare head and arm holding severed heads from the reavers to fill that role.

The Bloodspawn and Max Spleenripper didn’t need any changes as I liked those models as they were. Akhorne uses the squirrel from the treeman, who is a pretty cool model but a little on the small side. I could have gone with him standing on a pile of skulls or a severed head, instead I went with a dead dwarf, likely one who cut down a fave tree of his!

Initially I’d intended to add Borak to the team, but GW have finally released the Gnashrak Blackhoof model and he’s much more appropriate for Khorne. The main focus will be getting the full team of 16 players plus a big guy done, then I’ll see how many stars I can fit in. Larger players always take longer, which means Akhorne will be a lot simpler than Gnashrak.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: NAFC 2024 Prize team - Khorne

Post by lunchmoney »

Gonna look good on someone else's shelf :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

It's a raffle now, Al - you just have to buy a ticket to be in to win!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

1 in 280 chance. I'm comfortable with my statement 😁

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I wanted to have the team be in classic Khorne colours, but not just follow the bog standard red armour.

Changed it to bone armour with red edging and silver for the metallic parts. Did make sure that all the skin colours I chose were not too pale to avoid it clashing with the armour. Bases are just brown, cracked earth with plenty of skulls and bones from dead players, refs, staff and fans.

The Khorngors were all given reddish brown fur of various shades aside from one who was grey since he shared a lot of parts with another of them. I painted the flesh with lots of small lines to give the impression of short fur.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Looking amazing!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Finished the Bloodseekers, they had a lot of armour so ended up taking what felt like forever.

Thankfully the Bloodspawn only has a few armour pieces, so he'll be much easier. Once he's finished the normal team will be done, and onto stars next.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Many weeks since the last update and only 4 weeks until event. Any update?

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com