A word of warning

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

A word of warning

Post by Darkson »

Darkson wrote:Subject: Star Players at BB tourney

Hi,
I have a converted kaven team I'm bring to BB and have a question about Star Player models. I might want to take the Skaven SP, Skuttlespike. Do I have to use the official model, or will a conversion (as long as it's recognizable) be permitted.
Thanks,
MO Troll Che wrote:Hi Simon
You will need to use the official model for a Star Player.
I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Che
But I'd also been told a conversion was fine as long as it was obvious who it was, so it might be advisable to take the "official" SP model, as well as any conversions.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Would you not be better off sending an email directly to fanatic rather than relying on the commonly wrong mail order trolls?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grumbledook wrote:Would you not be better off sending an email directly to fanatic rather than relying on the commonly wrong mail order trolls?

I would heartly agree that Grumble is right on this one.

I think the troll is dead wrong. If it is clear that the conversion for the star is easily identifable in your team, then I see no reason for it not being allowed.

Now if you have a human team and you gave a stardard blitzer a green emblem on his shirt and called him Griff ... ya that I'd have a problem with.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Depends whether 'Che' is Che Webster, who happens to be UK Clubs and Tournaments Manager, and pretty much i/c of the BB.
Darkson?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

It should also be said that it's better to have it black and white than any gray areas, particularly in a tourney of this scale. What constitutes 'easily recognisable'? Who makes the decision? Surely you'd have to rule on every one. Different of course in a tourney of 16 or 20 players, but 200?
I have no problem if the ruling is 'the model on the card'/official figure.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, I sent the original email over 2 weeks ago, so I can't be 100% who I sent it to, but I'm pretty sure it was either Fanatic or the Spec GT address in the tournament pack.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Oops, just checked the original email again. Yes, it's from Che Webster, so time to get those original SP out.

Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

Q: Do I have to use official models of the Star Players or can I use my own conversions?

A: Feel free to use your own conversions but you must tell your opponent who your converted models are meant to be before the games starts.
From the official questions and answers on Bloodbowl.com

A question I have though: "is a non-converted miniature from a different citadel mini range" acceptable so long as my opponent knows who he is, and it is clearly distinguishable from the other models on the team?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Al the Rat wrote:
Q: Do I have to use official models of the Star Players or can I use my own conversions?

A: Feel free to use your own conversions but you must tell your opponent who your converted models are meant to be before the games starts.
From the official questions and answers on Bloodbowl.com

A question I have though: "is a non-converted miniature from a different citadel mini range" acceptable so long as my opponent knows who he is, and it is clearly distinguishable from the other models on the team?
Two things:
1) This clearly answers Darkson's question and it contradicts Che ... big surprise there ... (sorry it doesn't surprise me that Che and Andy said 2 different things)

2) Any Citadel mini that is clearly distinguishable from the other models will work based on Andy's Q&A for the tournament.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Maybe I ought to send Che the Official BB Q&A :lol:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm wondering why Darkson didn't read the FAQ in the first place...... :D
Now look at the confusion you've caused.... :roll:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I originally sent the email on the 11th of January, so only a month to reply, not bad customer service :roll:

Not sure when the FAQ was available, but I downloaded it on the 22nd.

GW took so long to reply I'd forgotten about the FAQ when I received the reply, and posted it here before I'd checked that :oops: .

Sorry everyone (especially anyone who hurriedly started painting an official SP).

Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

I'm using a non-official SP model for the simple reason that they aren't available in the stores, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay mail order rates for 1 model when I can get a perfectly good alternative from the high street. But just to make it a conversion and so officially legal by the FAQ I'm going to graft a ball onto it to make it look very blood bowl. :lol:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

er....

I'm taking 11 conversions with me.. including the star player...

if they ain't allowed then I'll be very :pissed: after a month of non-stop painting...

2.5 down... 8.5 to go!! :zzz:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Norse: 11 conversions????? :o and... which race have you chosen? :P

The only problem with my team is the probability of using silibili as my team's captain, but I'll ensure to my op. he's not the star.

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.