Whats allowed in WH World?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Whats allowed in WH World?

Post by Darkson »

Are we allowed to take drinks, snacks etc, or are we limited to the (over?) priced stuff in Bugman's?

Just thinking about the number of cans of coke I saw Marcus down in the final at Spiky :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

It was in the rules pack wasn't it? I will go read it and look and then edit this post ;]

*edit- no its not ;], though I am sure i read this somewhere, might have been the website can't remember though

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Oh no. Darkson's taking a picnic to save a few bob! :)

Seriously, there's supposed to be no eating or drinking in the gaming hall, but at Res. a few people had small bottles of water coke etc. If you do try and bend the rules, take a bottle with a screwtop, you really don't wanna be knocking over a can or something.
Bugman's? With that many people in there I doubt anybody's gonna shout "That guy's brought his own crisps!!!" if you turn up with egg sandwiches though, I'm grassing you straight up! :D
Last year we all chipped in and got pizzas delivered in the evening.
Drink wise, remember it's a bar and don't do anything stupid like bringing your own alcohol in the evenings...
Rule of thumb is use common sense.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

What kind of bar doesn't serve pizza?!?!?!?!?! :o :o :o :o :o

Just when I think you English know how to drink, you go and blow my mind. Yeesh! Do they at least have greasy burgers and big fat fries (chips)? Come to Iowa we'll go to Old Chicago and get a pizza and a pitcher...as it should be!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just wanna know if I'm alowed to bring a bottle of water, as I'll be laughing at the ineptitude of my team so much, I'll need to keep my throat watered to stop from seizing up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well they have to serve water for free at the bar by law i think so i highly doubt they would mind. If they do they can come over and tell me.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Pariah wrote:Just when I think you English know how to drink, you go and blow my mind. Yeesh! Do they at least have greasy burgers and big fat fries (chips)? Come to Iowa we'll go to Old Chicago and get a pizza and a pitcher...as it should be!
Your just showing your ignorance. :)

Pubs are for drinking in!

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

ianwilliams wrote:
Pubs are for drinking in!
Yep...proper pubs don't do food. Well apart from crisps (potato chips to you colonials) and peanuts. The classier joints do pickled eggs too.

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

what about pork scratchings?

i'll get me coat...

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Last time we ordered pizza there was only 80 people playing. Pizza for 200 is a bit more difficult. If we order in the morning we might get them by 6pm when we finish.

What about pork jerky? I tried some the other day and it was :puke:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I'm taking something to drink and probably the odd snack, but since we get lunch, tea & lunch again provided I'll probably be fine with that

I have to stay with my brother in derby as I can't afford accomodation in nottingham ... sadly that means although I'll be in bugmans until closing time, I wont be drinking :cry:

carlbrown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by carlbrown »

Indigo wrote:I have to stay with my brother in derby as I can't afford accomodation in nottingham ... sadly that means although I'll be in bugmans until closing time, I wont be drinking :cry:
I'm with you there indigo - I'll be driving to the event from home both days so I'll be sober too :cry:

Still I can probably have a token pint at the beginning of the evening - I'll just have to have a recovery whisky or three when I get home after the first days fightin..I mean play.

Kruel 'No Mor Mista Nice Orc' Kharlle
'Ed Koach, Da Deff Skwadd
Most Sporting Coach BB 2503
Beaten by halfings BB 2504 :oops:
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

it just means that, being sober, I can make a fortune winning bets on the pod racers/tank warfare games in bugmans...

winner stays on :P

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Last I heard the pod racer has gone... :(

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Evil Git wrote:what about pork scratchings?
Pikey

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]