Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Community Discussion » Tournament Postings » The NAF Championship




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:50 pm 
Da Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:04 pm
Posts: 23711
Location: Fundamentaling for the BB Illuminati
Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:
I am just curious as it is such a specific variation on the standard CRP rules and as such must have a reason for it being included?


This is a fairly standard tournament stipulation down here and possibly has something to do with the team creation rules on page 16 of standard CRP saying you must have 11 players when you create your team.

Second what Loki said - I've always felt that those tournaments that allow less than 11 rostered players to be the variations from the CRP.

_________________
SWTC 2017 Stunty Cup winner - never again (until next time!)

Khorne and Bretonnian? Sorry, those don't exist - bring a real roster.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 am 
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 284
Location: Düsseldorf
paid

_________________
"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:00 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 93
Are we allowed to stack skills on a player or is it one skill per player?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 687
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:
Garrick wrote:
Will definitely be there.

Love the new rules. No Doubles for Tier One teams - excellent.

One wee question: Why the "must first have at least 11 normal rostered players before including the Star"? Is this to make it difficult for Tier One teams to have Stars?


I am just curious as it is such a specific variation on the standard CRP rules and as such must have a reason for it being included?


This is a fairly standard tournament stipulation down here and possibly has something to do with the team creation rules on page 16 of standard CRP saying you must have 11 players when you create your team.


@Loki "you must have 11 players when you create your team" and in tournaments the Star Players are included in your team creation so no requirement in CRP to have 11 players before including the Star!

In general though I wish more people had studied contract law and then I wouldn't have to explain situations like this again and again :lol:

_________________
The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 pm 
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 1748
Location: Bristol, UK
Of course maybe it's just a giant conspiracy by all the TO's just to annoy you Graham

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:54 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 687
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Loki wrote:
Of course maybe it's just a giant conspiracy by all the TO's just to annoy you Graham


Nah, it is just that it has become so common place that almost everybody now thinks it is in the CRP, TOs are by nature efficient and cutting and pasting other Tournament rules is efficient so this rule has become self propagating.

I don't like it because it limits certain choices and therefore limits the game as a whole for no apparent reason, or certainly none that anybody has yet been able to explain and therefore I will continue to challenge mindless adherence to it.

_________________
The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 pm
Posts: 461
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...
Personally, I think the rule fits well. Star Players are supposed to be wandering mercenaries, looking for a game wherever they are needed. So if there is a preexisting team, with the minimum of 11 players, it makes sense that they would rock up and join them. Rather than a team expecting a Star to fill a starting spot on their roster.
I know stars have been rostered in the past, but this seems to fit better for me. YMMV.

Oh, and I would expect to attend this.

_________________
"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:41 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 377
Common sense and fluff > contract law.

_________________
Exiles - Lucky Stars (2015) - Most TD (20)
Welsh Open VII (2016) - Stunty Cup
Auld World Masters II (2016) - Star Player
Exiles - Pieces ' Eight (2016) - Stunty Cup

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016
Exebowl 4 (2017) - Most TD (10)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:01 pm 
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 1748
Location: Bristol, UK
Actully Garrick has pursueded me... If he comes to BUBBA he can have 11 players including stars, unfortunately the CRP also says you get 1M to spend so that is what he shall have.

Obviously all those using the tournament rules will have the 1.2M the tournament allows but they will have to have 11 players before stars.

Garrick will also not be allowed to start with any additional skills, it's not in the rules.

Back on topic I will be putting this date in my diary :)

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Image


Last edited by Loki on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm
Posts: 377
It also says Stars are inducements.

_________________
Exiles - Lucky Stars (2015) - Most TD (20)
Welsh Open VII (2016) - Stunty Cup
Auld World Masters II (2016) - Star Player
Exiles - Pieces ' Eight (2016) - Stunty Cup

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016
Exebowl 4 (2017) - Most TD (10)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:12 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 687
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Loki wrote:
Actully Garrick has pursueded me... If he comes to BUBBA he can have 11 players including stars, unfortunately the CRP also says you get 1M to spend so that is what he shall have.

Obviously all those using the tournament rules will have the 1.2M the tournament allows but they will have to have 11 players before stars.

Garrick will also not be allowed to start with any additional skills, it's not in the rules.


When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:

PS Common Misunderstanding and Fluff > Contract Law :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:31 pm 
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 1748
Location: Bristol, UK
Garrick wrote:
When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:
To me it sounds less like you want to make a coherent argument that 11 before stars is restrictive and spoils variety with total disregard to the cash available and more like you want to pick and choose what gets pulled through from CRP to tournaments and your view is the only correct one.

As on other debated points, I agree all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:29 am 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 687
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Loki wrote:
Garrick wrote:
When you get this kind of response, you know you have already won your argument :lol:
To me it sounds less like you want to make a coherent argument that 11 before stars is restrictive and spoils variety with total disregard to the cash available and more like you want to pick and choose what gets pulled through from CRP to tournaments and your view is the only correct one.

As on other debated points, I agree all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem


David, you took the argument to a silly place not me, that is usually done when coherent argument is no longer available, after doing that you cannot back track and demand a coherent argument from me as you have already lost. Love and Kisses, Graham

PS I sincerely hope ALL rules are pulled through from CRP to tournaments and then modified by the tournament specific rules. I was just pointing out a rule in CRP that is "commonly misunderstood to exist" does not and that a tournament specific rule would not be required if it did. I specifically disagree with that tournament specific rule but it has never been a CRP rule.

PPS I totally agree with "all TO's should think about what they a setting up and blind adherence is a problem" and I was using this specific tournament rule as an example.

PPPS My favourite bugbear right now is that 2 tournaments in Scotland are going with 4 single and 2 double skills / no more that 2 of any skill which favours Undead and Wood Elves, and we all know that they need a leg up to compete!

_________________
The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:38 am 
Da Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:04 pm
Posts: 23711
Location: Fundamentaling for the BB Illuminati
Garrick wrote:
I was just pointing out a rule in CRP that is "commonly misunderstood to exist" does not and that a tournament specific rule would not be required if it did. I specifically disagree with that tournament specific rule but it has never been a CRP rule.

How has it never been a CRP rule?
P.16 of the CRP:
"In addition,
your team must have at least 11 players and may not have more than 16."

Stars are Inducements, and you don't get inducements until the pre-game of your first match, so Stars can't count towards the 11.

_________________
SWTC 2017 Stunty Cup winner - never again (until next time!)

Khorne and Bretonnian? Sorry, those don't exist - bring a real roster.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NAF Championships 2017 - April 29th and 30th
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:29 am 
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4378
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool
Paid.

_________________
UK Team Challenge V - York, 12/13 January 2019

Go to: www.bbuktc.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Board index » Community Discussion » Tournament Postings » The NAF Championship


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: