Cameras and photos at tournament

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Cameras and photos at tournament

Post by Indigo »

I know that the "professional use" of cameras at the tourny is forbidden, but what about the idea of taking pics of the board every turn, or of other people's teams?

reason being, if there are going to be loads of awesome teams there I wouldn't mind getting some pics of them!

Reason: ''
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Why do you think i bought that camera i keep talking on? :wink: I'll be there with my camera!

Next time I win !!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Cameras and photos at tournament

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Indigo wrote:I know that the "professional use" of cameras at the tourny is forbidden, but what about the idea of taking pics of the board every turn, or of other people's teams?

reason being, if there are going to be loads of awesome teams there I wouldn't mind getting some pics of them!
Personal cameras are fine.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i will do a new video !!
with new quotes, new interviews, new players....

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Having ever been to these things I don't know, but 'professional' means you would be getting finacial gain from the photos, so personal stuff should be fine. If you can find a way to make good money out of taking some casual snaps at the bb tournament, please let me know... :wink:

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Cameras and photos at tournament

Post by CyberHare »

Indigo wrote:I know that the "professional use" of cameras at the tourny is forbidden...
I was just wondering where you heard that. As far as I've heard there's no such limitations.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I thought I'd seen a little statement in the tourny pack somewhere that professional use of photography or video equipment was forbidden in Warhammer World - I think it is WW in general rather than a specific feature of the BB tourny.

Al the Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Al the Rat »

How can you define professional? Just because someone has a flash camera rig doesn't mean they are going to sell the snaps. And equally a competent photographer can get saleable quality snaps from idiot-boxes. So either they have to ban all photography or they set the law-boyz onto anything being published without their consent. It sounds too impractical to police except in the most arbitrary way that would just alienate customers.

Of course I'll be leaving the tripod and lights at home for the weekend :P . Mind you with Bugman's in close proximity I'll be suffering from camera shake too badly to take pictures.