NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Post by Boneless »

A couple of pointers I want to remind all about, issues raised by the few and or reminders for the many.

1. Evening Meal - There is NO evening meal this year - due to issues raised previous, there is no evening meal provided.

2. Rosters & Miniatures - Miniatures need to be painted, it has been raised that it's not nice to see unpainted figures and isn't fair on those that make the effort. Roster templates can be found on-line and it's simple enough to print something out.

3. Dress code - wear what you want by all means, but issues were raised over some inappropriate attire. Please remember children are welcome and encouraged to attend.

4. Duel Competition - ensure your entry is appropriate for all ages please

I hope this cause's no issue's and if you want to by all means PM myself or email me at thenafchampionship@gmail.com

Reason: ''
UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NAF Championships 2016 - Queries

Post by deeferdan »

What's the deadline for signing up please?

I realise I posted this elsewhere, but prob should have gone here :)

Thanks

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

we will take last min sign ups, but I will be paying for the food and such 2 weeks before kick off

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Please confirm that this Duel Competition entry meets with the "appropriate for all ages" criteria:

Many thanks

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

This looks like an appropriate thing to do to me!

Not to mention issue number 5) Slow bar staff - please remember that they are young and need the money

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:This looks like an appropriate thing to do to me!
Thank you
RoterSternHochdahl wrote:Not to mention issue number 5) Slow bar staff - please remember that they are young and need the money
I have "mentioned" this several times before but due to the slightly unique nature of this event with people sat at tables in an environment where they shouldn't be absent for any length of time but can be disturbed .........

has anyone suggested to the Venue that they have waiters patrolling the tables and taking orders ? Which would:

1) Relieve pressure on the small venue bar,
2) Grow the venue's revenue from this event,
3) Improve delegate's overall experience,
4) Increase punctuality and speed up play.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Nice idea, and yes this would be suitable, it's comical I think, rather than sexual. Hopefully.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

It really depends if he's preparing to push or pull, doesn't it?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Pushing could work as a special play though

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

sann0638 wrote:Nice idea, and yes this would be suitable, it's comical I think, rather than sexual. Hopefully.
Really?

I think if a parent of a 13 year old player showed up and noticed an entry like this, I would struggle to explain how an ogre with a large spiked ball stuffed into it's bleeding rectum was appropriate for all ages. Maybe that's just me though.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

As someone who fielded the complaints last year about appropriateness, I wouldn't be as quick to give that the rubber stamp, Garrick.

To be fair to you, aside from the talent and imagination to execute this, yours was the least complained about of the two entries that were complained about last year, but it WAS complained about and I would add that the diorama is meant to be voted on by all attending so the assumption is that it has to pass everyone's decency (or at least appropriate) test.

An announcement was made last year about appropriateness for this year and if I were present this time in an official capacity (sadly I cannot attend this year), I think I would disqualify this.

I would suggest you ask Hawca directly (EDIT - sorry, it appears you have by putting this here).

O - and to give you an idea of the litmus test for the NAFC, we have fielded complaints from people over the years on inappropriate dress (both male and female), toxic stench (thanks, Stig), breakfast queues, bar waiting times, dinner variation, table size and many more. Whenever someone feels the need to say something, the organisers are duty-bound to listen to that feedback and attempt to address those concerns, where possible/reasonable.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Fair enough. That was one of the "entries" last year though?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Yes it was.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mubo wrote: I would struggle to explain how an ogre with a large spiked ball stuffed into it's bleeding rectum was appropriate for all ages. Maybe that's just me though.
I read it as about to be removed from it's bleeding rectum, so yeah, maybe it is you. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Boneless

Post by Boneless »

Geggster wrote:As someone who fielded the complaints last year about appropriateness, I wouldn't be as quick to give that the rubber stamp, Garrick.

To be fair to you, aside from the talent and imagination to execute this, yours was the least complained about of the two entries that were complained about last year, but it WAS complained about and I would add that the diorama is meant to be voted on by all attending so the assumption is that it has to pass everyone's decency (or at least appropriate) test.

An announcement was made last year about appropriateness for this year and if I were present this time in an official capacity (sadly I cannot attend this year), I think I would disqualify this.

I would suggest you ask Hawca directly (EDIT - sorry, it appears you have by putting this here).

O - and to give you an idea of the litmus test for the NAFC, we have fielded complaints from people over the years on inappropriate dress (both male and female), toxic stench (thanks, Stig), breakfast queues, bar waiting times, dinner variation, table size and many more. Whenever someone feels the need to say something, the organisers are duty-bound to listen to that feedback and attempt to address those concerns, where possible/reasonable.
As has been said. Here and the top post.

I won't deny I wish I could create and paint this good. But ask yourself if it's suitable for children?

If it's in appropriate I will ask it to be removed (after first discussing with the official refs and NAF staff present to ensure we get the fairest outcome)

This can and will be from the models used to dress code. (This can be from men in mankinis or with out tips on to ladies in overly short or revealing attire)

I hope I do not have to do this as I don't want to stop people's fun but if these actions inhibit the fun of others then something needs to be done.

That said I trust in the community to do the right thing :-)

Andy