NAF Championship 2016 1st Prize

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Championship 2016 1st Prize

Post by spubbbba »

The base is nearly all completed now, went for lots of different flock types to give it a truly overgrown look. The water was painted a dirty swamp green then given several layers of water resin.

The last thing to add is some reeds on the edges of the water. I have done all the bases of the so far completed players and they may get some reeds too.

As the players are designed to fit into certain slots in the display base to line up the water correctly I have numbered them, this should make it a lot simpler. I really should have thought of that for previous teams.

I've finally managed to build Lotta as well, it was very tricky getting his legs right as they have an extra joint that humans don't. I like his pose, but it is a little too much stalking monster over football player on the line of scrimmage. Still it should make him be suitably impressive compared to the normal blitzers. He does still need a lot of greenstuff work to fill all the gaps and sculpt his helmet though.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Very cool indeed. Though won't be trying to win them - taking goblins after a bit of mulling over!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Lotta is finished now, took a while to get his legs right and the helm was a pain to sculpt but it turned out pretty decent I think. He certainly stands out from the rest of the team and it was difficult to make a star that I know so little about.

The rest of the team and display base are all completed as well now. I have taken plenty of photos but just need to clean them up a bit and make sure they are all good before sending the team off.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Amazing work!
Thanks for sharing the detailed process. I followed it closely.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

They look really good, sadly I'm not going to the NAF Championship (because I totally would have won that) :-D ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stig »

Looks awesome - wow!