NAF Championship 2015 1st Prize

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

What team should I do for the NAF 2015 prize?

Amazon
10%
Chaos (Khorne)
16%
Human
20%
Lizardmen
5%
Pro or Wood Elves
5%
Skaven
19%
Slaan
23%
Other (please state in the thread below)
2%

Total votes: 81

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: NAF Championship 2015 1st Prize

Post by Waldorf28 »

Utterly gorgeous.

Reason: ''
Commissioner at the UKBBL.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Some more progress made, which is good as the tournament is only 2 weeks away.

Slibli has been completed, as he is a star player I changed his colour scheme making his skin white and using very light blue to shade. Aside from a hand swap and straightening his feet I didn't do any other conversion work as I really like the model.

I managed to find a really nice Atzec style font to copy for the numbers. These are pretty extreme close ups so you can see they are a little rough, but I don't think that is entirely out of character for Lizardmen.

The display base is coming along nicely too, but not at a stage where I can take interesting pics yet.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

May I humbly say:

Absolutly, stunning awesome!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Just a week to go until the big day and the team is nearing completion.

I spent a fair chunk of this week adding scales to the back of the Gorebeast and will be painting him for most of this weekend.

But the majority of my free time has been spent working on the display base. I'm using a similar technique to previous years with a picture frame and foamboard. However I've done away with the vinyl grass sheet as it tended to warp when I glued it to bases.

I do like having the NAF logo so instead I printed out the logo and stuck it to a sheet a plasticard. Using this as I guide I cut the bits of the logo out and sanded the edges so it would appear to be an ancient mosaic. I painted the edges gold and added some cracks to the stone parts with the ball spikes being painted a lighter grey to represent them being made of different stone.

After that I used a variety of static grasses, flock and clear resin to make a suitably overgrown swampy pitch.

I wanted the stars and Krox to stand out a bit so cut a disc in the centre and on each edge of the logo and then trimmed it to fit the 40mm and 2 30mm bases. You can see these in the detailed picture before I stick the models to them.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

This will be mine*.

Very good. I like the base, especially the shield.

* If the winner of the event ever sells it on eBay and I have a lot of spare cash.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Great. Shared on Facebook!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Excellent work spubbbba - these look amazing. Great job!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The Kroxigor was the last model, he took the longest as I had to add a load of scales to his back. Some of these were cut from plastic dragon ogres whilst the rest were scuplted on. You can see the cut out bit of the NAF logo on his base that he's stuck to.

Here's a pic of the full team with numbering and bases finished.

And a last pic of them all on the display base.

I posted the models this lunchtime to PeteW, those of you who will be at the GT can get a better look over the weekend.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Way cool. Thanks spub! :D

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Did I say I was taking Slann this weekend? Might change to wood elves or undead...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

spubbbba wrote:The Kroxigor was the last model, he took the longest as I had to add a load of scales to his back. Some of these were cut from plastic dragon ogres whilst the rest were scuplted on. You can see the cut out bit of the NAF logo on his base that he's stuck to.

Here's a pic of the full team with numbering and bases finished.

And a last pic of them all on the display base.

I posted the models this lunchtime to PeteW, those of you who will be at the GT can get a better look over the weekend.
impressive :o