Apothacry?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Apothacry?

Post by shaniepoo »

Im trying to finish my team and ive come across a problem.....Do i take an apothacry or not? For the same price i can get myself an extra lineman.
What do you think.....apothacry.....or.....lineman?

Reason: ''
The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

How many players have you got of what types and what race ?

Not a simple answer without this info

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Mojoshenpo
Veteran
Veteran

McSnaga is right...

Post by Mojoshenpo »

... in that the more info the better....

GENERALLY, an apothecary is a good investment in that most teams players cost at least 50k.... If the apothecary saves a more costly player, then it has paid for itself.... If your an "odds" man, then higher starting armor values THEORETICALLY lessen the need.... However, there's always that jackass set of rolls that kill off the treeman.... :puke:

So, without any specifics, I would tend to take the apothecary.... :D

"To Believe That Our Beliefs Are Permanent Truths Which Encompass Reality Is A Sad Arrogance." Ursula K. LeGuin

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Sorry, it would help wouldnt it :lol:
Norse:-
3 Blitzers
1 Throwers
6 Linemen
Big guy
3 RR

I have enough left over for an apoth or a line man (i think :?: )

McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

I would take another lineman - they are great value since they have Block. With AV7 you are likely to suffer some casualties, although these are replaced by the next game, but an Apothecary might not work .. an extra linaman (albeit delayed until the next kick-off) will.

I play Skaven with AV7 and with these rules I am taking 12 players rather than 11 and an Apothecary.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

McSnaga, did you ggo to res'? They gave away a nice skaven model to every1 who entered. I wounder if there will be any of them at BB?

McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

Nope - to my shame I wasn't playing much BB at the time. My life was full of other things.

Terry Pratchett
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

*still can't make up his mind on the Apoth...*
Sure I'm playing dwarfs, but I only have 11 and I REALLY want to avoid getting outnumbered or losing my Runners...

Its a toughy. I'm really torn between 3rr/5ff and 2rr/4ff/Apoth.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

In a tournament setting i would say it depends on your lineman costs. If the price of a lineman is 50k or less i would get the lineman, otherwise i would get the apoth.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Thad: doesn't matter what you choose, norse said in other topic dwarves aren't for tournament due its average mo of 4 :evil:

About this topic... well I'd go for apo better than other lineman. Apo can save your BG or blitzer...

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Anca - Overall the tournament is most likely to go to the player who wins most. I stand the best chance of doing that with Dwarfs. There may well be several teams who go 100% (I am not expecting to be one of them) and will beat me (in the unlikely event of my being in that category) on Scoring. In that event then I'm down a trophy...but what the hell - I can still say I was unbeaten at the Blood Bowl. And I'm gonna try for a hell of a lot of casualties too. Whatever, this tournament will be won by a VERY lucky, well coached team - probably Lizards, Wood Elves or Skaven.

Anyway, if you'd told me pre-Tulips that an undead team would rack up 3 4-0 wins I'd have called you an idiot. It happened. It is possible to score TDs in two turns with Dwarfs - in fact, I managed just that at Tulips (against Wood Elves).

I'm going to have a laugh, see Warhammer World, meet you rabble and play some Blood Bowl. As long as I don't make a complete arse of myself the results really are secondary (Top ranked Dwarf coach would be nice tho...)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I agree with you. About those "winner" teams too. Just one thing t say... If I choose dwarves you wont be Top ranked Dwarf coach ;-P and if I coach lizards I'll pray to avoid your bad tempered dwarves.