NAFC 2013 roster pre-registration

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: NAFC 2013 roster pre-registration

Post by Joemanji »

PeteW wrote:I'm sure that you have turned up to my tournaments with a barely legible roster hastily scribbed on a scrap of paper, Joe...
I do it almost as a point of pride! :D

But the NAFC is different. We have a lot of people coming who are not regulars or don't have English as a first language. We have people who have played fewer than 6 games in their lives. We have people who more commonly frequent Warhammer or 40K tournaments where printed and detailed army lists are mandatory. We want to be inclusive to all these people. We want them to have all the information possible ready to hand without having to worry about holding a stranger's mobile phone for too long (not a dig a Nazgob, just an example).

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

sann0638 wrote:Interesting - do we hand one in, or keep both? Not that it especially matters.
Hand in one for double checking, keep the other for your opponent to look at. This has been in all the rulespacks since it was called the Blood Bowl AFAIK. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

(not a dig a Nazgob, just an example)
That's a lie, and now I'm hurt. *sniff*

:D

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Joemanji wrote:Not really, you need to be able to have one your opponent can study at leisure. Written out neatly would be better in this case.
I thought hand-in, but this comment confused me a little. Doesn't take much.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
xnoelx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xnoelx »

Joemanji wrote:]Hand in one for double checking, keep the other for your opponent to look at. This has been in all the rulespacks since it was called the Blood Bowl AFAIK. :wink:
That may be the case, but for those of us attending for the first time, the only mention in this year's rulespack is 'Each round, before choosing your skill, you are permitted to see your
opponent’s roster including any additional skills he has chosen in previous
rounds. '
No mention that this should be a neat/printed roster, or of needing a 2nd copy, or even that it should be a hard copy, rather than, for example, on a smart phone. Just a point to consider for whoever draws up the rulespack next year.