The NAF Championship 2013 1st Prize

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Re: The NAF Championship 2013 1st Prize

Post by kithor2002 »

Ah I missed that :zzz:

So maybe the cheerleader should hold up some beer cups or maybe some barrels could be used as RR counter

Reason: ''
Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

How are you doing, spub?

Might be best to post them to school again, if you can!

Cheers buddy - awesome job as always.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

PeteW wrote:How are you doing, spub?

Might be best to post them to school again, if you can!

Cheers buddy - awesome job as always.
Hi Pete

The full team of 16 are done bar varnishing, so it’s just the extras to complete. I am very happy with how the deathroller/snow troll turned out, he’s a pretty simple conversion but I think he looks suitable as both an uncontrollable frenzied monster with claws or an immovable ST7 machine and in keeping with the Norscan Dwarf theme.

I still need to finish painting the 2 stars (Flint/Helmut and Grim/Wilhelm) as well as complete the display base. I expect to have those done this weekend, thought the display base may take a couple days longer as the various materials used for the ice takes up to 24 hours each to cure.

That will leave me a couple of days to take photos of all the players as well as team shots (I’ll post pics here and FUMBBL before the GT starts) and pack them up, plus decide if I want to repaint some of the beards to help differentiate the positions.

I have Wednesday off work so can post them that afternoon.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The team is pretty much done.

I just need to varnish them and take a few more pics before posting them on Wednesday.

Since I already had 2 dwarf cheerleaders I added Queen Helga’s helmet to the existing model along with platted hair and fur sculpted on her boots. I’d have liked to do a Zara themed Valkyrie with that helmet but couldn’t find a suitable model. She was a pretty simple paint job, I wanted her to be mostly in blue with some off-white to break it up so painted her sleeves, belt and the D on her top that colour. I’m very happy with how the shading of that D turned out since it’s often hard to paint multiple colours on the same surface.

This chainsaw guy is actually the most involved conversion as I had to hack away all the chainmail he had and replace his legs and forearms before filling in the gaps with greenstuff. After going through my bitzbox i found the chainsaw attachment from the catachan sentinel to make his chainsaw out of.

I'm the least happy with the Grim Ironjaw / Wilhelm Chaney conversion, the photo isn't great either. The hands are a bit big for him and he'd not that different from the original model, with a nose swap some fangs and claw and a lot of fur added. On reflection maybe I should have given him a more wolfen like head.

My initial plan for the Deathroller / Snow Troll had been to use this model, possibly with a helmet, shoulder pad and some added pistons and gears. I’d even gone as far as buying the model. But after giving it much thought I didn’t think I could make it look suitable as a Deathroller. Nothing about the model really matched a slow, clunky machine with ST7 and stand firm. I do still think he’d make a great snow troll if I ever go ahead with my idea for a team of monsters and were-creatures using the Norse rules.

This was actually a pretty simple conversion, I removed most of the warpfire cannon arm (leaving the powerpack) and stuck it to his back as an exhaust. I then replaced his right arm with a claw from a Necromunda Pit Slave and gave him the head of a daemon prince with the slayer champion Mohawk. After that it was just a case of adding greenstuff sideburns to fit in with the other were’s and some extra fur on his body.

For painting I kept with the orange fur since he is a sort of robot were-slayer and gave him a darker skin tone too. I didn’t want him to look undead as snow trolls don’t have regen so all the bones were painted silver, luckily the model already had some machine parts so this does fit. In keeping with the team colours of blue, silver and off white I painted his badges bone and a few other parts blue. I prefer to keep a limited palette for teams, especially when they have some very outlandish players.

I think either this guy or the blitzer with his arm raised are my favourite models. I always enjoy painting big guys and I feel these have been some of my best models, probably as the larger size gives more to work with.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Johnny KTOU
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Johnny KTOU »

:o These are awesome... :o
Well done sir.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

And team shot with display base.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Wow! Maybe I'll try and win this year... ;)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Stunning.

As there is no way I'm ever going to win one of these, do you do commision work? :wink:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

If you're worried about posting, I can pick up in Bristol on Weds evening and hand deliver them on Friday evening to the venue. PM me if that's an option you'd like to discuss.