Bloodbowl Odds

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

I would hope that you are right about the casualties. I don't want to see excessive fouling just to increase tournament standing (even if teams do recover between games).

Reason: ''
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

I was wondering about that too. Having read some threads on fouling I'm a bit confused, I assume they count as casualties, and we've always given spps for them, but that seems to be a matter of some debate (although not so relevant here). I suppose this is a minor issue, as judging by Deathwing's post on last year's result it looked like it's points for wins etc. painting and sportsmanship that are key, then the td's and cas are like goal difference to separate ties (as usual I may be wrong).
Personally I don't see a problem with getting casualties for putting someone off the edge of the pitch, you shouldn't stand so near to the edge....

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

i think that casualsties will inc all casualties regardless of how they were inflicted, they unlikely to have that much effect on the overall outcome after all they dont effect your pts score and are considered after touchdowns besides fouling is part of the game and its no where near as effective as it used to be.

McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

You're right. Checking the rules, casualties are only really considered it seems in the event of a tie. With the IGMEOY rule, fouling can be limited and anyone of course has the option of not awarding sportsmanship points to anyone who unneccessarily inflicted fouls in the last turn or so of a game.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

You get two points for a loss by one as well. With close to 200 coaches I believe you will see lots of them ending up with the same points and also some with the same TD total. :o

True, Cas won't be that important but may still have an impact here and there. And there are always players going out there for a foul festival since it seems to be the best they can do! :evil:

And of course there is a price for the one with the most cas as well. If you can't win, you can still go for that (if fouling is a cas for the total)! :o

Sputnik

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

There was some talk about this last year..I know that most of us recorded only the cas. that would gain SPPs normally; i.e. those caused by blocking.
I'm convinced that some people recorded the cas. regardless of whether it was a foul, the crowd or a failed gfi/dodge etc.
Looking at last years cas over 4 games: VB and Chet chalked up 6, lucifer 8, LF 9, myself 7 and Ant 10. About the highest from a TBBer was cidervampire's 13, and that from a Morg/Chaos team that went 4-0.
So the claims of 18, 20 and 21 are a little dubious.
I doubt it'll come down to cas. caused, but Andy should clear it up just in case.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

You misunderstand..

I'm not worried about casualtie being required to separate the top 3 players...

It's just that I only know how to play one kind of BB... casualties first, everything else later... :evil:

Let me put it simply.

I'm bringing Undead.

First skill for my team: Mummy gets Piling On...

I think you get the picture, and it aint pretty... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I have no qualms against playing a murder coach. I never lose against them. I get my team beaten to a pulp, sometimes it takes a fair few league games to recover but I don't lose the match.

In a tournament situation there will be no carry-over of casualties from game to game so bring it on I say.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

bum just ask deathwing about not having block on a mummy, it sucks up rerolls and can cause turnovers, I am still toying with taking undead, deffo taking them to amsterdam

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'll be playing either Luthor/Undead or Borak/Chaos. If I go with Undead, I'll be going Block on both Mummies games 1 and 2.

Here's how last year's top 25 at Res. would have panned out under this years' 4 points a win, without factoring in painting/sportsmanship. Bearing in mind that this was only 4 games, cas. would've separated a few positions, and of course there's over double the field this time. The Welfs head up the 14 point group on TDs scored, as you'd expect.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Agreed. If i do go with undead, first two games will see me getting Block on the Mummies. Not only does it saves re-rolls, but gets better knockdowns as well, therefore increasing the chances of a casualty, especially with Mighty Blow.

Pile on is not an option i'd consider as it puts one of my key players on the floor without the opposition doing anything. In a game where a single loss will probably rule you out of contention, thats a risk not worth taking

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Anyone notice the mistake on the rules pack?

On the front it says Blood Bowl XXXXII. 42 in roman numerals is XLII. Sorry just have to prove Lizards aren't slow witted... :D

With so many coaches of good calibre taking put I think it's going to come down to a bit of luck (or lack thereof). Besides I'm going just for the beer, and as long as I do reasonably well to prove I can actually play the game I'll be happy.. :P

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

ah .. but they use Old Imperial Numerals in the Warhammer World which are ever so slightly different from Roman Numerals :wink:

Terry Pratchett
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

XXXX is equally correct. The subtractive form of Roman Numerals is a modern convention that was rarely used by Romans IIRC.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

There is one time the casulaties thing becomes important: There is a Most Casualties award let us not forget. ANdy should clear this up before we start methinks.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.