Bloodbowl Odds

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Heh i got a feeling goblin teams are going to be a handful with their legions of weapons.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

McDeth wrote:
Deathwing wrote:McDeth's a dark horse. Very good showing at Spiky, and knows his way around Undead. Rated, and in with a shout.
Damn. I was hoping to quietly slip in there and grab the trophy before anyone realised i was there. I'll be the one hiding in the corner trying to grab the Goblin/Halfling coaches for the first game :wink:
I hope the first round is going to be a random draw as per Spiky, at Res. it was a case of just find an opponent and sit down. Given that a fair few of us know each other, I can see a crowd of us spreading out trying to avoid each other and find a likely looking suspect. :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Deathwing wrote:Given that a fair few of us know each other, I can see a crowd of us spreading out trying to avoid each other and find a likely looking suspect. :D
It's probably just as well I'm not going. You couldn't all play me in the first round. :wink:

Cheers,
Martyn

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

GalakStarscraper wrote:My understanding is that Chet's new wife like mine has nixed any chance of going this year so that one less "master" making the journey.
:(

I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear that. I was looking forward to having a crack at you two. Oh well. I've got a trip planned to the States next year, might have to work something out....
Norse wrote:Sad to see I'm not in the top 10 Marcus...
Edged out by virtue of the fact that my obscene luck never gave you a chance to show what you could do. I'm looking forward to getting another game in against you on a more level playing field. You'd be deserving of the biggest gloat in history when you beat me ;)

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Max Horseman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Max Horseman »

Hi guys,

Marcus is correct, there is more to winning the tournie than just winning games. The "soft" scores of tournies really make a difference, so the painting and sportsmanship can be crucial. Also when good coaches play each other, any result other than a draw is big.

I don't see any person winning all 6 games. 5 and 1 draw or loss, maybe, but not all 6. No bugger is lucky enough! :)

Max 8)

Used to play abit
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I think someone will win all 6 games there will be 190 ppl taking part. Sputnik won 5 drew 1 at spikey. I still think that winning games should have the biggest impact on winning over sportsmanship and painting.

rwould

Post by rwould »

With 200 players there is a fair chance of someone winning all six, as the winners keep playing winners. I know that there will be games drawn but assuming no draws (I'm pretty sure that won't happen!) three people would be unbeaten. Taking draws on board I think you can assume one person will go undefeated across six games with so many entrants.

Richard

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

200 mate. 150 sold, 10 going out to the waiting list/reserved and 40 on sale Monday.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think you've got to factor in a lot of draws. At Res. a draw was worth the same points as a loss by 1 TD. I kinda liked that, it encouraged people to go for the win and risk the loss rather than settling for the draw, so the format was geared towards producing a definate result. Even it it's the same this time around, you're gonna be putting your NAF ranking on the line by chancing your arm. Personally I'd go for it every time, but I wonder if the NAF thing is going to influence some people? A draw against a higher rated coach is a result in NAF terms, and there's the Pandemonium Cup in Canada and the Dutch Open on the w/e of 1-2 Feb, (both ranking tournies), so the NAF ranking system will have some shape to it prior to the BB. It certainly will afterwards, the extra 50 places should push the k-value even higher.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

You added the results from the wodell weekend yet? I will be giving away NAF points if i have a bad tournament :/

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

It's not quite ready yet mate, and I ain't working it out manually!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Marcus wrote: I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear that. I was looking forward to having a crack at you two. Oh well. I've got a trip planned to the States next year, might have to work something out....
If I was single Marcus ... it would be a done deal. When I was single I wouldn't have even had to think about dropping the 1000 USD for the trip over. .... but now ... leaving my wife at home with two small kids and her mother who auditions for Satan on weekends and partically lives her when I'm away on business trips (resulting in "when are you coming home" type phone calls), means that spending all that cash on just me and the time away isn't going to happen.

Unfortunately ... my wife is a bit of a world traveler before we met and both settled down and she HATED England (sorry guys ... I'm thinking I'd have a blast just from everyone in England I've gotten to know through BB) ... so I cannot even sell it to her as a trip.

Maybe one year, if I promise to bring her and after the tournament go to some other part of Europe with her for several days I might be able to go ... betting even that is a hard sell.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

How bout suggesting she go from uk to mainland while u play with your balls in england? (can u tell what forum topic im still chuckling over)

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Unfortunately ... my wife is a bit of a world traveler before we met and both settled down and she HATED England (sorry guys ... I'm thinking I'd have a blast just from everyone in England I've gotten to know through BB) ... so I cannot even sell it to her as a trip.
Galak
Keep trying..you have until Monday morning... :D
Start here: http://www.aboutbritain.com/towns/Notti ... ID=1404326
:D

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

:o Your all Mucking Fad! You know I'm just gonna crash and burn now. :oops:

But hey, I'll take the psycological edge thanks.Imageevil laughter

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]