Bloodbowl Odds

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Pfft.

Gareth's no good, he just paints pretty.
Neo probably just got wound up by Chet and was blinded with rage.
The Unknown Human could easily be a muppet.
And I'm 3-0 against Geoff in tournament matches so he can't be that good.

Lucky draw, that's all, lucky draw.

:wink:

Reason: ''
Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Marcus wrote:While I don't doubt that Chet is a very good coach, I suspect he drew muppets ;)
Not Muppets.

Gareth Hamilton - Skaven
John Kipling Lewis - Orc
Unknown Coach - Human
Geoff Porritt - Skaven

I know he was not scored on all tournament at a minimum.

Galak
Well...let's see..
Gareth Hamilton won 1 game out of the 4.
JLK...Can't possibly comment! :D
Unknown coach: I suspect this was Kriss Johnson (Karl Franz Kids) as he's the only human coach I can find that won his first 2. W3 L1
Geoff Porrit: I suspect this was the point of Marcus' post, I think he's 3-0 against Geoff....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Before anyone starts tearing into me - yes I'm am stirring.

Besides which, Galak's comments re: Chet underscore a point I made on another thread. The best team is the one played by the best coach.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Deathwing wrote: Well...let's see..
Gareth Hamilton won 1 game out of the 4...
Quick clarification ... Gareth went 1-1-2 for the day ... the above makes it sound like he went 1-3-0

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Now that brings up the w/d/l or w/l/d again doesn't it.

I am going to put myself on the line here and say orcs or lizards aren't going to win.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing wrote: Well...let's see..
Gareth Hamilton won 1 game out of the 4...
Quick clarification ... Gareth went 1-1-2 for the day ... the above makes it sound like he went 1-3-0

Galak
I was going by the results sheet when I posted that, rather than the BBMag4 article, so I had no way of telling a draw from a loss by one.
For those that haven't got it..Gareth lost to Chet, beat Gobbos and drew with Halflings and Lizards.
It's only a bit of stirring/trashtalking by Marcus, I'm sure he wasn't intending to disparage anybody, least of all Gareth. I certainly wasn't.
And I voted for his Skavs! :D

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

My top three picks have to be Amazons, Lizards, and Skaven, but not necessarily in that order.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I couldn't care about teams.. a team is only as good as it's coach...

Coaches I expect to do well:

Marcus and LongFang (especially with Humans) have real pedigree, I expect them to put up a good fight, along with any coach who finished top 10-15 last year. I don't know the rest of the playing community personally, but I reckon anyone travelling overseas isn't just doing it to see Nottingham.. :roll: I expect a strong show from Chet, Ant & Galak to say the least... Odds are even on Ant to pick up another painting award... 8)

From a Dutch perspective, I expect Lucy to do well. He's using Undead, and will probably go undefeated given his knowledge of the team. Also, at 6foot6 he might distract some opponents with his very long legs.. :lol:

Niels is also coming. His form is dubious, he plays more for fun than for the outright win and has dreadful luck at crucial times (at least versus me he does ;-)).

My chances are pretty slim I think. I doubt I will be using Dwarves as I really doubt their tournament quality (great league team, but I don't think they suit this kind of tournament format) which means I have to use another team. Scary. Probably Orcs or Chaos Dwarves, though Norse are an option too. If I finish in the top 60 I'll be happy. I might pip Ant to the best painted team though... :roll: :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I dunno, Dwarves will be pretty good for this format I reckon.

As for the actual coaches - trash talking aside for the moment - it's going to be a very, very close field. Of people I've played or seen play I'd personally have to rate my top 10 as: Longfang, Lucy, Grumbledook, Firebreather, Zynox, Sputnik, Woody, Geoff 'lucifer' Porritt, Ianwilliams and Shane 'TBL' Bradshaw (in no particular order).

There's a fair few other coaches that I haven't played who I have to respect as well; not to mention at least 10 others who are either not coming or could easily overthrow any of the above on their day.

Add to this the inordinate value sportsmanship and painting had on last year's results and you have a very, very open field indeed. Of the above, Longfang, TBL and lucifer have all won best sportsman awards at tournaments, and all 3 of them have spectacularly well painted teams, so you have to fancy them as real contenders.

If I was going to have a flutter I'd stick a deuce each way on those 3.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Sad to see I'm not in the top 10 Marcus...

maybe I should have tried harder with the 6 Dwarves you left on the f :o cking pitch!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Trash aside also, I think LF should start as favourite... unless of course he actually needs the :smoking: to make him focus... :lol:

I think Bugman's may frown on such things.. :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Now thurdds been made official i can see him being a pain to play against. Some nasty (lucky) 4+ rolls at each drive for your opponent and thruds going to be a pain for any side.

St7 multi block blitzes :/ and he has break tackle and block to back that up, if he can't make a hole don't know who can.

One bad game against him could ruin anyones chances. Mind you any bad dice games could ruin anyone. Hopefully spyke will be the only one taking him and I will get to avoid him.

Though as longfang is painting him up for him, he might "accidentally" not be ready in time ;]

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Marcus and Longfang are definately contenders.
I've only heard about this Porritt chap and Chet's skills, but they sound formidable.

me? I'm doing what I did preTulips...just hoping I don't make a complete arse of myself. Top half would be fine with me. I expect no better than that, cos I'm too prone to silly little mistakes.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Yeah, let's get some pressure on LF! Undefeated at Tulips, lost only to Sputnik at Spiky...there's no doubt he's pretty good. Ironic that at his only 'bad' tourney 2002 (2-2 at Res) the dodgy scoring system and lucifer's final result form balls-up elevated him to 2nd!
And yeah, Marcus with 2 wins and a second place in the last 3 looks worth a bet.
Played the one game against Chet via Pbem, and there's not much doubt he knows what's what.
I also expect the TBBF boys to be strong.
McDeth's a dark horse. Very good showing at Spiky, and knows his way around Undead. Rated, and in with a shout.
I think it's wide open. It's very rare nowdays to feel you've been outplayed. Any competent coach that knows his roster well could win it. A Blitz here, a Pitch Invasion there, a couple of early casualties on one side, a failed gfi to score, a double skull when all you need is a push etc etc. These are the things that decide games between competent coaches.
The winner needs to be good, and he needs to be lucky over the weekend.
I think with a field this big, with a lot of strong coaches, no more than 2-3 will win all 6. I predict a lot of hard fought draws, so sportmanship/painting could again be key to final position.
One thing's for certain though, if you come away with a decent record, you can't possibly be stiffed on the NAF rankings.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

My understanding is that Chet's new wife like mine has nixed any chance of going this year so that one less "master" making the journey.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Deathwing wrote:McDeth's a dark horse. Very good showing at Spiky, and knows his way around Undead. Rated, and in with a shout.
Damn. I was hoping to quietly slip in there and grab the trophy before anyone realised i was there. I'll be the one hiding in the corner trying to grab the Goblin/Halfling coaches for the first game :wink: