I'll be playing either Luthor/Undead or Borak/Chaos
hey, your stars will be bringing a team along! :o

Reason: ''
[url=http://carshownet.com]wheels[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Pah!

Block on Mummies.... where's your sense of adventure gone?

In all sincerity though, I am not a naive schoolkid here.. Block is probably the best skill in the game, and certainly the best general skill in the game. In a league it is a no-brainer for a Mummy from day 1.

Tournaments are different though. Dice will level out good and bad luck in a league. A tournament is 6 games and good or bad luck can be much more significant. If I am facing a team of 11 players (few will be able to afford more I suspect) and have a piling on Mummy then I can expect, in all reality, to take out a player or 2 per half. +5 AV +1 injury not to be sniffed at!

Against Dwarves, Norse and other Blocky teams, I just use the guy as a sponge, knowing he will pull at least 2 (if not 4!) players out of position just to deal with him. Against Chaos, Orcs and other high AV no Block teams I block like hell and hope to start the second half with a couple of players more than my opponent...

I would love to bring a WElf team and win each game 4-3, but it just aint what I'm used to doing...

By the way, am I the only person not taking a Star to the BB?? :o

These stars are pretty vulnerable, especially with all those Piling On Mummies around... ;-)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

I'm not taking a star .. except myself of course :D

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote: If I am facing a team of 11 players (few will be able to afford more I suspect) and have a piling on Mummy then I can expect, in all reality, to take out a player or 2 per half. +5 AV +1 injury not to be sniffed at!
Wow. Your funeral. But in order to use Piling On, you need to knock down your opponent in the first place. On a 2D Block you're going down 1 time in 6. Plus of course, if you Pile On you ain't going to be throwing a Block the following turn unless you use your Blitz and make at least 1 gfi.
That's provided you survive those ol' DP kicking boots. :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Deathwing wrote:On a 2D Block you're going down 1 time in 6.
I hate to shock your world, but:

1/3 chance of (Skull or both down) * 1/3 chance of (Skull or both down)

= 1/9 chance of going down yourself.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

:oops: Ooops! Only excuse is that I've been up all night watching the cricket. Thanks Mestari.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Pile on seems going be one of the most used skills... Can you think about a lizard team with 4 pile on saurus?

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

DP could be an issue, but I'm still game enough to try it..

As I said, I'm aware that it is risky, but then fortune favours the brave, no? :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
carlbrown
Rookie
Rookie

Bloodbowl Tournament

Post by carlbrown »

Norse wrote:
By the way, am I the only person not taking a Star to the BB?? :o
I'm not taking a star either - Varag belongs with the Gouged Eye as far as I'm concerned.

Current Deff Skwadd line-up includes a couple of gobbos and a troll for 'special plays' along with bobs, blitzers, linemen and a thrower, a couple of rerolls and a middling FF.

I'm not that concerned with what opposition I come up against Stars/No Stars, if you want to win you've gotta beat them all anyway - no point in stressing about the 'cheese factor' of the opposition. Tough games are more enjoyable to play after all.

Although I have to admit undead teams are a git to play against - I still find it tricky killing off the dead boys :o

It's much easier to run around them when they're not looking.

I agree that luck is going to play a big role in this tournament - especially with equally matched coaches.

Kruel 'No Mor Mista Nice Orc' Kharlle
'Ed Koach, Da Deff Skwadd
Most Sporting Coach BB 2503
Beaten by halfings BB 2504 :oops:
shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

By the way, am I the only person not taking a Star to the BB??
your playing undead without a vamp? :o

i hope other undead players will be more mainstream, or i will have practiced for nothing. :pissed: :wink:

god, i hate vampires! :cry:

i fear your piling on - tactic will not work. most people will try to avoid your mummies anyway. you will only make their job easier if you put them on the ground. that way they won´t make many blocks each game and i doubt they´ll manage to take out one or two each half.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Och... you're all scared of my viscious Mummies, that's all.... :wink:

Yes, no Vamp:

1) I don't have the model or a suitable equivalent and

2) I have an abhorrence of star players as a general rule. Weapons I don't mind, but Stars just annoy me...

3) I have good re-rolls and a FF of 9

4) I don't have a fourth reason, but I'll think of one ASAP...

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

If you do use PO with your mummy any person with ever half a brain with stop what they are doing and head for the downed mummy and stick the boot in. Its a bit of a risk, even more so with a mummy.
Saying that, im going to be giving my Norse Blitzer PO. His jump up skill works well when used after a PO. In my league my star blitzer has S4, frenzy, jump up, block, PO and guard.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Norse, last time I played against undead mummies with pile on was this last league (I'm using dwarves). I used my pile on trollslayer against one and just fouled the other once he jumped over one of my longbeards. I finished them in 2 turns (they didn't regenerate).
I think pile on is a good skill but is better on players who have a little more mo.

shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

If you do use PO with your mummy any person with ever half a brain with stop what they are doing and head for the downed mummy and stick the boot in. Its a bit of a risk, even more so with a mummy.
to make it worth fouling the mummy you would need a few assists (or a dp). that would require moving players and opening up space for ghouls. why not simply avoid the prone mummy? what´s it going to do? stand up and glare at you?

if you try to foul it you are playing into his hands, by giving him opponents to block. he won´t foul (doesn´t need to with +5/+1 blocks :evil: ), so you´ll be sent off sooner or later. better have nice foul rolls or suffer the consequences.
Saying that, im going to be giving my Norse Blitzer PO
while i would avoid a prone mummy i would certainly kick a downed norse blitzer. he won´t jump up as often as you might wish.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Fine, you all win.

I won't take Piling On.

In fact, I won't take Mummies at all.

I'll ditch them in favour of a Vampire, tow the party line and we can all take the same teams as one another to the Tournament and see who can roll the most 6s...

Would't that be fun... :roll:

You'll see, you'll all see... :pissed: (Norse shakes his fist at monitor and then wishes he had kept his grand strategy to himself in the first place.)

If only Mummies could get Jump Up..... I miss 3rd Ed... :wink: