The NAF Championship - 19/20th May 2012 - GWHQ Nottingham

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: The NAF Championship - 19/20th May 2012 - GWHQ Nottingha

Post by Pipey »

I've not been made aware that that's an issue.

All boards will be provided by Warhammer World in any case.

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I Will be there again in my bid to take over the world... and maybe win a game for once.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

glowworm wrote:
Hangus wrote:Don't think I can make it as it's very close to my girlfriends birthday...
Happy birthday love, ive booked you a shopping weekend in Nottingham.....Me?? Ill find something to do so i wont be under your feet.....(like squeek a draw against Gobbo's) :D

Ta-Da problem solved!!
It almost went like that :D and now it looks as though I can go after all. Until she does the typical female thing of changing her mind.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
tiamo69
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tiamo69 »

Gutted to have missed it this year...

Will not double book trip to Legoland for daughter this time!

Looking forward to it

Possibly improving but, my dice rolls aren't! :O)
NAF 13759

2011 Rocket Bowl III: Most Casualties (22) & Most Sent Off (8)
2012 Rocket Bowl IV: Most Casualties (26) & Most Sent Off (9)
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

shaniepoo wrote:... and maybe win a game for once.

Ffffwaaa-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!....ah....your so funny shane. You know all the best jokes. :lol: :smoking:
Which team you taking this time to get beaten up with :roll: :wink:

"In Dodge We Trust"
Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

does anyone remember which hotel chain it was doing £10 rooms last year? i seem to recall it was a sale they did after xmas.
or did i dream it?

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Would be interesting to know it...

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, I'm out - woe betide I might upset GW, who are by far and away such a wonderful supporter of our game. :roll:

Bren, as agreed I'll help in the run up.

I'll save my money for a tournament that doesn't tug the forelock to an abusive master.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Planning my (Tourney) Calendar for this year, there are always some Tournaments that i want to attend, the biggest 2 for me are Thrudd and the NAF championship (or GT if you will) then Ill try and get at least another 4 in.

However, I am wondering why the NAF ? Yes, i know its the "biggest" in terms of coaches and I actually like Warhammer world, the foods Ok and the beers not a bad price, however, and here's the rub...

The ruleset!!

C'mon, its poor at best, I can understand when GW ran it that they (Lenton staffers) may not be so up to speed with current rules (Lrb6 OR CRP if you prefer) and thats not a dig, just a statement of fact. But with experienced coaches and NAF Officials there actually running the show could we not do a bit better than 1 skill per game, most if not all coaches have gotten tournament experience before they go near the GT, or are attending with an experienced group.

Its £40 for what may be the weakest rules at any tournament, I know Im not going to win (anything ever) and Ill probably be taking Goblins again, if I go at all, which at the moment Im not sure about (there are other factors to my decision as Im sure some will be aware of) but a revamped ruleset could only be an improvement.

I do appreciate all the time and effort people put into this and every tournament and sorry if I offend or appear ungrateful, its just £40 is a lot for a 1 game 1 skill progression tournament when it could be so much more...

Just my thoughts...

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

£40 a lot for a six game tourney including 3 meals? :o I guess we have different criteria. :) Personally I like it simple, I certainly don't see any added value for money for a more complicated progression system, in fact I'd probably enjoy the games less. It's hard enough keeping track on Sunday as it is! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

glowworm wrote: most if not all coaches have gotten tournament experience before they go near the GT, or are attending with an experienced group.
This I disagree with. It can't be made too complicated for any new coaches, in my opinion. I don't see how the cost of the tourney is related to ruleset either. :-?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

mattwhile wrote:
glowworm wrote: most if not all coaches have gotten tournament experience before they go near the GT, or are attending with an experienced group.
This I disagree with. It can't be made too complicated for any new coaches, in my opinion. I don't see how the cost of the tourney is related to ruleset either. :-?
Good point, I think the GT has always been seen as a very newbie friendly tournament and a great way to introduce someone to the BB tourney scene. There will be a lot of people there, it’s at warhammer world so there is the shop, museum, Bugman’s and other stuff going on so would be a lot less daunting if it is your 1st tourney.

I think the minimum of special rules is desirable and it’s nice that the tournament stays pretty much consistent.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Are all coaches taking part going to be NAF registered or are non-NAF coaches able to play?

I'm just asking as the last time I went to the Blood Bowl, my sole win was against a non-NAF coach. When you get a win with Halflings, you want it to be recorded :)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

howlinggriffon wrote:Are all coaches taking part going to be NAF registered or are non-NAF coaches able to play?.....
I seem to recall seeing somewhere that NAF fee is included in the cost. Though I cant recall where I saw that, so bear in mind I may be completely wrong :?: .....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Deathwing wrote:£40 a lot for a six game tourney including 3 meals? :o I guess we have different criteria. :) :)
Thrudd is £30 for 6 games including food, so I guess we dont have different criteria, just different ideas on value :wink: My point was the weak rules against what is probably the most expensive tournament each year
Deathwing wrote: Personally I like it simple, I certainly don't see any added value for money for a more complicated progression system, in fact I'd probably enjoy the games less. It's hard enough keeping track on Sunday as it is! :)
And personally id like a better ruleset, Id enjoy the challenge more, as for Sunday I dont think my average drops on day 2 (Im usually rock bottom anyway)
mattwhile wrote: It can't be made too complicated for any new coaches, in my opinion. I don't see how the cost of the tourney is related to ruleset either.
So, even if a tournament has a poor set of rules your happy as long as theres a buffet ? Hey, £30 for meals and throw in a couple of games over at mine one weekend (stew for you again :wink: ) I was just pointing out the cost of the ENTIRE experience and suggesting that 1 part could be improved!! C'mon Matt, say you see my point, even if you dont agree with it!