THE Blood Bowl, Who's going and what to take?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

THE Blood Bowl, Who's going and what to take?

Post by Colin »

Just wondering how many TBBers are planning on attending THE Blood Bowl tourney next March. I am still trying to decide if I will able to afford it, coming from western Canada will be the farthest, aside from anyone from Oz, that any here will have to go. Anyway the reason I mention the tourney is that, as you all should know be now, is that the tickets go on sale at the end of the week. If there are going to be lots of TBBers there to meet face to face, may make it worth the trip (god knows I don't stand a hope in hell of winning), so if you are planning on going post a reply.
Thanks.

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

This could end up being a very long thread. This is gonna be the biggest world-wide get together to date.
I'll start then...
I'll be there.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I was thinking , to make it a little more interesting, maybe include the kind of team you are thinking of playing.

I am thinking of taking my converted Chaos Dwarf Marauders (see other thread) and play them using Dwarf roster (if this is allowed).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I will be there along with my girlfirend. I am probably playing Chaos this time, and the wife is painting up some Skaven. There is a slim chance a couple of other TBBFers might come along but I'm not 100% sure.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

A girlfriend and a wife, you sure do keep busy Anthony. It's nice that the wife is so open minded to let you take your girlfriend to the tourney and even paint a team for her. :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Anthony_TBBF wrote: I am probably playing Chaos this time...
Heeeeeeere comes Morgie! :D

Team wise, the BB is interesting in that it's probably* going to include Star Players (which is unusual in a tourney), so it shifts things slightly. I'll wait for the format before I decide..if I take Undead though, they need a painting 'makeover'.

One thing's for certain though, it'll be a huuuge K-value, a shed-load of NAF ranking points, so whatever I decide to take will be the strongest roster I can come up with...cheesiness be damned! :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Yer i am going for sure (unless i get hit by a bus or something).

I am waiting till i know what the official rules are before I bother selecting a race. At this stage i think undead due to thats all i got painted and well having a vamp in will make them even harder to beat.

I am tempted by the possabilities of skaven spec if i can take a rat ogre without wild animal. Or maybe my converted orc madboyz, just so I can blame them for being stupid if i lose :p
Of course goblins with their star players would be a nasty opposistion indeed, i would have to buy the other star players first and finish painting the rest of the team. I am also fond of choas dwarfs cause i like their play style and htark is mental.

Hmm as you can see I am rather undecided on the subject at the moment. I may do something completly differenet and buy a new team to try out, but seeing as NAF ranking points are being handed out, that might need some thought.

On a side note what did you mean buy "it'll be a huuuge K-value" Deathwing?

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

A girlfriend and a wife, you sure do keep busy Anthony.
LOL :lol:

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Heeeeeeere comes Morgie!
Actually I was thinking of my pal Lord Borak. That extra reroll is very tempting.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Where is it? When is it? Where is the website?

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

GW HQ, Nottingham UK. March 1 & 2 2003. Keep an eye on www.bloodbowl.com for info.

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I'll be there too (with my lizards 75% posibilities or dwarves 25%), another four or five spanish will come too!!
Now I just pray to have enough luck to get the tickets (I'm afraid my english will put me in some trouble at phone).

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Well i'll be there, probably using wood elves. The only thing that is bugging me is the tickets go on sale at 08:00. Very early.

Furelli.

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Furelli wrote:Well i'll be there, probably using wood elves. The only thing that is bugging me is the tickets go on sale at 08:00. Very early.
I usually wake up at 6:20 a.m. (spanish hour) so at 7 or 8 in the morning is not much early... well depends were do you live :roll:

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

The french will be in the place as well!!! If i wake up early enough. Is that gonna be like if you phone at 8-30 am, there's no more tickets? :cry:

i dob't know what team to take. there is still time...

Next time I win !!!