NAF Championship Evening Entertainment

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Evening Entertainment at NAFC

1) The "Wide Zone" (Bloodbowl game show)
17%
2) "Who's LOS is it Anyway?" (BB themed improvised comedy)
6%
3) A Bloodbowl (rather than General) Knowledge Quiz.
17%
4) Bloodbowl Themed Drinking Games.
16%
5) New & Unusual Bloodbowl themed Card / Dice / Board Games.
11%
6) NO ENTERTAINMENT.
34%

Total votes: 89

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: NAF Championship Evening Entertainment

Post by inkpwn »

I have a really fun sheep based lego game, its based around sheering wool and mucking up peoples plans. Good fun and simple enough to understand while pissed. Takeing that with me and I'm hopeing to get in on a game of lunchmoney with lunchmoney.

Reason: ''
Scally09
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scally09 »

I really like the idea of a quiz, like a pub quiz but Blood Bowl themed. I love pub quizzes anyway, kinda wish I still lived near a pub that does them...

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

duttydave wrote: @ Glowworm remember to bring those Zombie Dice. A quick good fun game to play whilst sinking a few Ales. BRAAAAAIIINNNSS

oh yes, zombie dice all the way (the unofficial 2nd game for BB'ers)

maximu160490
Veteran
Veteran

Post by maximu160490 »

if i can be bothered (read afford) I may get munckin- great game pissed

NAF: Trainspotter

I am doing the Great North Run in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GeorgeWilliams2
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Anybody that own Poo give it a recommendation? I was thinking of picking up a copy from Impact...
Am pondering possibility of attending now... Sann, if you still have half a room and a ride going spare (I'll chip in fuel and half the room obviously) let me know (along with prices) and I'll see how much the weekend would cost and whether I can afford it...

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Buggrit wrote:Anybody that own Poo give it a recommendation? I was thinking of picking up a copy from Impact...
Poo is Lunchmoney with Monkeys instead of school kids. T'is good.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Ok guys, I understand there is a fair bit of reticence towards organised entertainment, and I understand this, but I would like to stress it would be as inconspicuous as I can possibly make it, so people can chose whether they listen or not rather than throwing their drinks at me(less conspicuous than the drinking games I'd hope)...

I'm not sure we really got a lot of feedback with the initial poll as I think it may have been too early for most to be considering the NAFC / BBGT, so I've decided to reopen voting to see if enough people would like the option of something to entertain...hopefully Brendan will be able to email those signed up to ask their opinions?

If the majority do fancy a laff I will do my utmost to keep the organised bit of it as low key as possible ...and if not, I'll shut up at last, Hurrah!!! :D .

It's just I remember my first BBGT when I knew NO-ONE, and it was a while before I plucked up the courage to make new mates ...and I find when I run this sort of thing at thrudball it helps people make friends with somebody they'd never otherwise have cause to speak to at an event like the BBGT (unless they hppened to play them).

To my mind you can never have too many friends(except on facebook maybe, or if it's your round)...

Thanks to all of you for your honest opinion and heckling!
Thrud Rocks!

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I voted "No Entertainment" as Zombie dice wasnt an option!!

Happy to get involved with anything else thats happening

(altho that sheep based game sounds a bit ropey Sir ink :wink: )

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Vote stays on "no organised entertainment", for all the reasons I posted earlier in the thread.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

glowworm wrote:I voted "No Entertainment" as Zombie dice wasnt an option!!

Happy to get involved with anything else thats happening

(altho that sheep based game sounds a bit ropey Sir ink :wink: )
Played the sheep game recently, it never, ever ends. Its supposed to take 10 - 15 minutes to play but we were there for 45 minutes because you can just muck each other over.

I may just bring my zombie dice so we can have a zombie extravaganza.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Giraffe wrote: ...... and it was a while before I plucked up the courage to make new mates ...
I dont believe that :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I think one thing to bear in mind is that the GT has always attracted a lot of casual Bloodbowl players who would not otherwise attend the smaller tournaments. I’m sure many of these players will never visit TFF or other BB related websites so I’d be wary of deciding solely based on the poll here.

It can be a little daunting attending a tournament, particularly if everyone else there seems to already know each other. I only attend the GT and WIL Star Bowl as I knew people I was already friendly with online would be there.

A quiz could be a good icebreaker help introduce new people to the community and if you set the team limit at a maximum of say 5 then you might get more of an interesting mix. There have been quizzes in previous years and they were reasonably successful but I’d suggest making them mostly general knowledge with maybe 1 round BB related.

Oh and the "Who's LOS is it Anyway?" (BB themed improvised comedy) sounds horrendous.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
maximu160490
Veteran
Veteran

Post by maximu160490 »

I'll probably be up for anything really.

Am going to try get a copy of munchkin (spelling).very fun game - just need to end up in nottinghanm once bugmans throws us out!! - or we drink them dry. Now theres a challenge

NAF: Trainspotter

I am doing the Great North Run in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GeorgeWilliams2
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Giraffe wrote: It's just I remember my first BBGT when I knew NO-ONE, and it was a while before I plucked up the courage to make new mates ...Thrud Rocks!
...and where are all these so called mates :lol:

We've all noticed how "shy" you are !!

Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Long_Bomb »

Voted for no organised entertainment but I would be up for jumping in on one or two pick-up games like Luch Money or Street Bowl.