BB GT 1st/2nd May, 2010

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I don't think such a boycott would register with GW. Perhaps I oversimplify, but how many GT attendees would even realise this TBB influenced walkout was occurring? A third?

Bolster what’s left with a few newcomers, and a few more that are having a go after getting Cyanide for Christmas...

Unless you can seriously make a dint in their pockets, I can't see GW noticing. I can’t see the TBB community approaching people that attend the GT as if they were scabs across a picket line Silly, you’ll be safe (or at least, I hope he will be?! )

It’s sad news what’s happening to TBB. I should imagine, like Silly, that if what is becoming an annual interweb meetup goes ahead at the GT, I’ll be going again. The fun we have off board has always far outweighed the price and the rubbish GW value. TBB having to move to a new web address probably isn’t enough to put me off; although perhaps being newer than most it’s not as emotive a subject for me, I’m not so attached.

GW treating loyal customers poorly just seems to be a fact of life, I’d love to do something meaningful about it, although a walkout of the GT doesn’t strike me as something that’s going to hit home.

Reason: ''
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

/f

"In Dodge We Trust"
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

SillySod wrote:
Ironjaw wrote:Easy double naf points for me next year then... :D
If a boycott was performed.... it would make alot of sense to award double points for the Roze Bowl instead ;)
Don't believe thta NAF are contractually obliged to have the GW majors NAF ranked.

Not saying it's a good idea but I'd be suprised it's not an option.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

What on earth is going on with TBB today? It's like the world has gone mad? Why would JohnnyP's decision to hand over this site to someone else affect the GT next year?

:o

TFF mod team
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

because chicken little is going to boycott it obviously ;]

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

:lol:

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

I'm behind you here Lycos. I was pretty irritated yesterday, but the swarm of "SCREW GW, LETS GRAB THE TORCHES AND STORM THE CASTLE!" sentiments got old pretty quick.

JohnnyP is choosing to shut down (or transfer) TBB rather than deal with the pain in the ass that is GW's legal dept (who are doing what GW hired them to - protect their IP). This is a completely understandable reaction to the situation. And while we don't like GW's way of going about it - protecting the BB IP is definitely within the realm of reasonable as well.

It is what it is. The community self destructing and actually trying to damage itself by sabotaging the game's flagship event is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard this week. And it's been a pretty silly week...

Blood Bowl is still the same game it was 2 days ago. GW is still the same company it was 2 days ago. Lets get the forums transferred to a new domain name and get on with our lives.

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Perhaps.

Still not sure I want to do anything to support them though.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, having had a few days to "rant", I'm going to go ahead and ref. Tbh, I ref it for the community (so at least they have one person that knows what the rules of BB are), not "for" GW.

Dates are 1st and 2nd May - haven't seen the draft rules yet, but they should be the ame as this years.
And yes, I've made Andy aware of LRB6's imminent arrivial, and told him to speak to jervis if he needs to see it soon.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

i'm looking to go again, got my MOST CAS title to defend lol.
if you want a hand let me know i'm really good a pointing and saying "you need to talk to him, i'll get hin for you."

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
morraywolfymax
Rookie
Rookie

Post by morraywolfymax »

Well if FUmbbl gets closed I might just turn up swinging! :D

Chill until blue.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

1/2 May brings it right forward. That's Monkeybowl, Pearlies and the BBGT all in under a month! Charlotte will not be happy. :o

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, end of May was much better. Ah well.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

I had no intention of going back after last year, the recent heavy handed events with TBB and FUMBBL have annoyed me, but haven't influenced the fact that I thought it not worth the money I spent last year to attend. The event was overpriced, the GW staff were irritating at best, and I'd 110% support an alternative event on the same day.

wp
Experienced
Experienced

Post by wp »

1/2 of May... a good date for the "rose Bowl" :wink:

Roller