ARRGGGHHH!!! last minute shout for Woodies.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

ARRGGGHHH!!! last minute shout for Woodies.

Post by Darkson »

Probably to late, but what the heck...

After deciding I was happy with my choice to take Lizzes, I've started divvering, and now I'm seriously considering using a Woodie roster - not because I think I can win with them, just because I've only used them in one NAF game (stand-in for a round at the NAF WC), and I'd like to take them to a tourney to play "properly".

Looking at:
2 'Dancers
3 Catchers
1 Thrower
5 linos

Normally, I'd take my mates all-purpose elfs, but they're in a state of repainting (plus more than a few of them aren't GW).

Can anyone help? No biggie if no-one has one (I really should have divvered earlier than this!), as I can fall back to the lizzies again.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

I have those minis available (same roster I used 2 years ago) Mine are converted from 40K guardians but it's fairly easy to tell what's what.

I'll be kicking about on Saturday morning with a black shirt on that says Flame On on the back - give me a shout! :D

That's huge
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Hi Darkson,
I have a woodelf team converted from dryads you can use if you don't find them too confusing

Wood Elves

Wardancers

Throwers

Catchers

Linemen

Treeman and turn counters

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@ Mrbrownsquire - much as I like that team, I'd not risk falling foul of some GW-stupidness (not that I can see a problem, but...), so thanks for the offer.

@ Nippy - yes please - if nothing else, I'll have some baserings with me (at least, as long as I find Valen first :wink: ), so I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Darkson wrote:@ Mrbrownsquire - much as I like that team, I'd not risk falling foul of some GW-stupidness (not that I can see a problem, but...), so thanks for the offer.
I took them to the GT 2 years ago and they asked me to number them as they could not tell the difference. Once they were numbered, they were okay with the team

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, if you have room in your carrycase for them (in case Nippy doesn't get a chance to read this), but I don't want you to bring them on a wasted journey oherwise.

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

I will stick them in the boot just in case

littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Nice work on the dryad team! I'm currently in the process of finishing my weeds team made from dryad conversions...thought it was an original idea! :x

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Big thanks to both Nippy and mrbrownesquire for bringing their teams - ended up using Nippy's, just because he was the first of the two I saw on Saturday morning. :lol:

Gorgeous team - felt guilty for using them, so was happy he was still nominated for Best Painted with his lizzies. just a shame the coaching standard wasn't up to the painting. :oops:

thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

Aye, Nippy does paint a fantastic team.

I particularly like his Lizardmen. Got to see them at the waterbowl last year.

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

That Treekin model looks great as a Treeman and what's more is it fits on a normal base. I bought one at the weekend to use with my 'bog standard' Woodies.

Good looking team in terms of both the conversions and the painting.

mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

I was happy with the paint job given that I did them all in the two weeks leading up to the tournament