Do you have to use GW models

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Do you have to use GW models

Post by fire olli »

Or can you play a few models from other companies.
:?:

Reason: ''
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Have a look at the rules pack:

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/files ... k-2009.pdf

We don’t allow the use of non-Citadel or non-Forgeworld miniatures for
this event and any found will be removed from play by Referees.
Conversions or Scratch-built models that are considered to be unsuitable
by the Referees will be removed from play.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Has to be GW Oli.

Also in rule pack is that ONLY GW boards will be used. No home made stadiums or pitches. Seeing as they provide all the boards I cant see that being an issue.

And also the same with block dice. Has to be the white GW ones or NAF ones. Apparently there was feedback that players where having trouble reading some of the more obscure alternatives. That is in the rule pack.

TFF mod team
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Lycos wrote: And also the same with block dice. Has to be the white GW ones or NAF ones. Apparently there was feedback that players where having trouble reading some of the more obscure alternatives. That is in the rule pack.
What about the normal D6's?

I'm thinking of getting a bunch of D6's with the League logo replacing one of the numbers, as long as both players are able to use those dice if they wish would there be any issues with this?

After all, there are plenty of GW made dice that have various 40K, LOTR or fantasy battle symbols replacing one of the numbers.

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

I've played in a few 40k GT's and never had a problem using my club D6's.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Barney the Lurker wrote: I've played in a few 40k GT's and never had a problem using my club D6's.
GW staff are not noted for their consistency on rules decisions...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

TBH I really don't like to see "club" dice used in any game. They tend to roll the image more frequently than they should (which is why I'm more than happy for my opponents to use them where the image is the 1 :lol: ). If GW are going to outlaw non-GW models, boards and block dice then they should also include D6 in this as well. :evil:

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I'm coming round to that same opinion regarding 'novelty' D6s. I'm ditching mine in favour of normal D6s.

thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Only novelty D6 I own are the Flame Bowl dice. But when I play, I tend to offer them to my opponents to use as well anyway...

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Lycos wrote:No home made stadiums or pitches
:o There are a quite a few aussie coaches with gorgeous custom pitches - I think its a real shame to disallow them.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The solution, ya' Nancies, is to boycott the GW event and heavily attend all the alternatives....

Save quite a few quid in the bargain....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

I'm rather fond of all the cool dice you see around the place with the flames and the comedy poos and everything. However, obviously they shouldnt be used if there is even a question about their validity... a shame but thats the way it has to be :(

What I would like to know is a list of trusted dice manufacturers. When I buy or recieve dice it would be cool to know where they came from and check if they're tournament-worthy.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I have some Flames of War official dice I used to use, and they're not even shaped correctly (to many 1's rolled, in case you're wondering).

I wonder if I can get some NAF points back for having used misshapen dice? :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

spubbbba wrote:
Lycos wrote: And also the same with block dice. Has to be the white GW ones or NAF ones. Apparently there was feedback that players where having trouble reading some of the more obscure alternatives. That is in the rule pack.
What about the normal D6's?

I'm thinking of getting a bunch of D6's with the League logo replacing one of the numbers, as long as both players are able to use those dice if they wish would there be any issues with this?

After all, there are plenty of GW made dice that have various 40K, LOTR or fantasy battle symbols replacing one of the numbers.
I'd imagine we'll be alright, just explain what they are before kickoff and give the oppo the choice to use them too or say no. Everyone's happy then.

Unless GW outlaws it, ofc. ;)

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

SillySod wrote:What I would like to know is a list of trusted dice manufacturers. When I buy or recieve dice it would be cool to know where they came from and check if they're tournament-worthy.
The problem isn't the manufacturer; it's the process of having a logo on one side. This is normally a larger engraving area than the other sides and hence lighter and therefore (albeit slightly) with a weighting towards that side being face up.

In the independent Warhammer tournaments they got to be very popular ("club" dice) because they looked cool, but are now regarded with suspicion and so are now used instead to mark effects (wounds, etc)