The new teams and the Blood Bowl

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The new teams and the Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

So we look at the 4 Majors described in the rulebook.

The Chaos Cup, the Dungeonbowl, and the Spike! in 2009 have already stated in the last couple weeks that they will be allowing the Slann, Underworld, and Chaos Pact rosters to play now that they are NAF ranked.

===

So how do we use that to get them in the Blood Bowl?

It would be very awesome if all 4 Majors in 2009 moved to using the new teams. If there is any chance of getting them into the LRB 6.0 ... I think this would be a huge selling point that MIGHT work. I don't know that it would have any effect at all. If it doesn't then it will be nice to know that they can be played at pretty much any tournament you attend (barring the organizer having issues with them).

Galak

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
DFC
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DFC »

I have a question for tournament organizers of the "Big Four".

Only GW miniatures can be used in. There are no problem with Chaos Pact Underwold teams. But what about Slann teams?

I mean, do the organizers consider as well legal teams based on some GW stuff, but resculpted, converted, etc...?

The question is also available with Ulfs (yes, I strongly dislike Beorg! :P )...

Thanks!

DaFrenchCoach last avatar... Just a hope :lol:
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

DFC wrote:I mean, do the organizers consider as well legal teams based on some GW stuff, but resculpted, converted, etc...?
Kroot make really great looking Slann conversions.

That's my best recommendation. If you order the plastic army box ... you get everything you need to make a whole team (especially if you use base rings). If you want more Slann like heads the Kroot heads in this box are seperate so you could convert your own frog like heads.

For Ulfs ... I like using the Necro Were for them.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

Galak - is there anything that we can do to help get the new teams into the BBGT? I am willing to get people to bombard the TOs at GW with emails requesting it, but I feel this may just make them dig their heels in and say no.

Do you have any ideas that might work? An online petition? Setting Lycos on them? Or just waiting and hoping that you and the BBRC can persuade them to say yes as the others have done so already?

I'm asking rather than acting as I have found to my cost that people acting as a whole tends to be more efficient than individuals being annoying. :smoking:

Chris

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Honestly ... I think the best bet is JUST having Darkon and Lycos talk to them. Those guys are heavily respected by the GW Nottingham folks.

I do think them being able to say that the other 3 Majors are using them already by announcement is a great selling point.

Its more me posting a thread saying 3 down ... 1 to go.

Galak

DFC
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DFC »

I was thinking about Kroots too :wink: The only question I may have about these new teams should be: Are important conversions with GW models legal or not. What about the Chaos Cup for example, Galak? :)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

DFC wrote:I was thinking about Kroots too :wink: The only question I may have about these new teams should be: Are important conversions with GW models legal or not. What about the Chaos Cup for example, Galak? :)
GW's normal rule for this is that if 80% of the figure came from items sold by GW than they are okay if 20% is non-GW material.

This is why the Kroot make good stock. Really only the head and hands need work to make a good looking Slann player and you are still at 80% with this much conversion.

And to be honest ... if you didn't convert the Head or the Hands ... I'd be okay with that as they have a distinct look that you'll know they are something special.

Galak

orkydave
Experienced
Experienced

Post by orkydave »

Steering a little off topic here, but regarding the 20% rule, Is this 80 % of the figures must be GW or 80% of the team?

I am intending to use one of the cool Biter bloodbowl squigs as a turn marker (chomping a corner out of the turn sign!) but may have to reconsider this (or just leave it at home) if this is not allowed.

Coach of Da Badbreff Brawlers, Bloodbowl 2008 GT wooden spoon recipients!

Goooooooo Brawelerz!!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

orkydave wrote:Steering a little off topic here, but regarding the 20% rule, Is this 80 % of the figures must be GW or 80% of the team?

I am intending to use one of the cool Biter bloodbowl squigs as a turn marker (chomping a corner out of the turn sign!) but may have to reconsider this (or just leave it at home) if this is not allowed.
Darkson can give more guidance. My understanding from last year's BB was that they were pretty hard core on the 80% for pitch players but relaxed more about it for off pitch items like turn/score markers (after Darkson and Lycos convinced them to do so).

But better to get this straight from them than me.

Galak

DFC
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DFC »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
orkydave wrote:Steering a little off topic here, but regarding the 20% rule, Is this 80 % of the figures must be GW or 80% of the team?

But better to get this straight from them than me.

Galak
That's why I asked it for. I wouldn't want to be "out of subject" with those questions, even if it's important IMHO to know if what kind of minis should be legal or not... Since we're playing with :D

Many thanks for your faster than light answer, Galak :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Quick anwer (as I'm off to work soon) - tey were $hit hot on the "no non-GW models" at the BBGT this year for on-pitch players, even for conversions (unless self-made, it needed to be majority GW). off-pitch items were given a little more leeway, only because, if needed "the models can be put away without problems".
I know that the teams nominated for best painted had no non-GW models on display when they were out for voting.

On the subject of the 3 new teams, I'll add it to the email I'm going to try and send this week.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
orkydave
Experienced
Experienced

Post by orkydave »

Thanks Darkson and Galak, I will paint him up in Brawlers colours anyway and find a GW replacement for the tournament.

Coach of Da Badbreff Brawlers, Bloodbowl 2008 GT wooden spoon recipients!

Goooooooo Brawelerz!!!
generaljason
Star Player
Star Player

Post by generaljason »

We were of the understanding that to be a sanctioned GW event, 100% of the models had to be GW, and this is the way we sold the Spike 08. It's not as if Mike and I were not going to let somebody play due to their models, so long as they represented what positions they were suppose to be. To my knowledge everyone used GW models at Spike 08, but at the very least they would have to be 100% GW models for full painting scores.

As for appropriate Slann models using GW models, Tom is right that Kroot models with Skink heads are perfect. My brother made this exact team and they look mint.

Thunderbowl - Home to the Spike! Magazine. Sept. 14-15, 2013.
http://thunderbowl.ca/tbsn/
http://spiketournament.com/
Bertolac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bertolac »

You can also make the Kroot/Skink combo even more froggy by repositioning the legs so the knees point outwards - I'm in the process of doing this at the moment.

A bit of green stuff to fill gaps and you're set.

Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

I think some of the kroot/slann teams look fabulous and had even started playing with a kroot sprue to do just that, but then [smug] I managed to pick up a bunch of the old slann on ebay [/smug] :wink:

I really hope they'll be valid for the GT... More power to the elbow of those working with GW on this one. Go Slann!

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer