Blood bowl 2009- 30th/31st May

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

stormsson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stormsson »

I would like to take back my previous post.

I would like to apologise to my wife, my unborn child, to games workshop and most importantly Nuffle.

It's official.

Nuffle loves me.

Just got back from ultrasound scan and it turns out the missus had her dates wrong. The baby is due on the 12th may. If gw hadn't put the tournie back by 2 weeks I wouldn't have been able to go.

So a huge thank you to gw and I love you to Nuffle.

See you all there.

Reason: ''
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

stormsson wrote:I would like to take back my previous post.

I would like to apologise to my wife, my unborn child, to games workshop and most importantly Nuffle.

It's official.

Nuffle loves me.

Just got back from ultrasound scan and it turns out the missus had her dates wrong. The baby is due on the 12th may. If gw hadn't put the tournie back by 2 weeks I wouldn't have been able to go.

See you all there.
So HOLD ON A MINUTE your missus will let you go 2 weeks after the birth???

Can she talk to mine. I cant go to the Dutch open because it's 4 weeks before the birth. lol

stormsson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stormsson »

LOL! I can go so long as the baby is born. Not only would she crucify me if I missed the big day, but I really wouldn't want to be anywhere else on the day.

thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

stormsson wrote:but I really wouldn't want to be anywhere else on the day.
What kind of BB fan are you? :wink:

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Should be there. Anyone know if this will be the same weekend as the WPS Club Challenge?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

The club challenge is usually the bank holiday weekend, which is the 23rd/24th next year.

However, I heard it may be the earlier possibly the 16th/17th.

Nothing definite other than it won't be the last weekend in May (probably :wink: )

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

stormsson wrote:Just got back from ultrasound scan and it turns out the missus had her dates wrong. The baby is due on the 12th may. If gw hadn't put the tournie back by 2 weeks I wouldn't have been able to go.

See you all there.
Dont want to worry you but if its your first it can easily be 10 days-2 weeks over (they dont tend to arrive on time, inconvenient or what!!)

On a lighter note, i will be attending said BB GT (currently hatching a cunnin' Gobbo plan after my recent poor showing with Humans at spiky)

Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

glowworm wrote:Dont want to worry you but if its your first it can easily be 10 days-2 weeks over (they dont tend to arrive on time, inconvenient or what!!)
That's what everyone told us, but I reckon it depends on how organised your wife is - mine is highly organised and punctual and our baby was born within a couple of minutes of midday on his due date :o

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

littlejonnyfrostbite wrote:The club challenge is usually the bank holiday weekend, which is the 23rd/24th next year.

However, I heard it may be the earlier possibly the 16th/17th.

Nothing definite other than it won't be the last weekend in May (probably :wink: )
Thanks LJF. Will keep a look out...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
DFC
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DFC »

Made the 2003 and 2004 BBGT. Without something special (limited miniature, not a coin! :evil: , pitch, something special...), I wont' spend money in a third one... It was really huge to discover the Warhammer World, but I really much appreciate the World Cup for example.

DaFrenchCoach last avatar... Just a hope :lol:
Tomba
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tomba »

Rab wrote:
glowworm wrote:Dont want to worry you but if its your first it can easily be 10 days-2 weeks over (they dont tend to arrive on time, inconvenient or what!!)
That's what everyone told us, but I reckon it depends on how organised your wife is - mine is highly organised and punctual and our baby was born within a couple of minutes of midday on his due date :o
Careful what you wish for. My wife is very highly organised- and our son arrived 5 weeks early :o

If this was the case at least you could make the BBGT though... :lol:

Tomba

Rolling skulls and ones like they're going out of fashion...
Glowworm

Re: Blood bowl 2009- 30th/31st May

Post by Glowworm »

Ironjaw wrote:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... d=11100021

Good news guys!

Blood bowl '09 is now up on the games workshop events site. Price is £55 again :-? with same rules as last year.

One up side (for me anyway) is that it is 2 weeks later so no rush to finish games on Sunday to watch FA cup final. :D :D

Hope the later date doesn't mean some people can't attend though, that'd suck!!

See you all there!

Leon

:x :evil: :) :D :lol:
Dont want to appear thicker than a whale ommlette but does that mean its LRB5 as opposed to LRB6 ?

just want to make sure i get slaughtered under the correct rules!! :lol:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

officially, there is no LRB6 yet (it's all still experimental), so yeah, LRB5.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Had first conversations with GW today about next year. At this point the date is set but no rule pack has been written or agreed and I have raised the subject of the 3 new teams being included. (As per other majors).

Early days, there is much to chat about and it will take a few weeks. We have no guarantee on any give aways (I have raised the subject) and all that stuff but over the coming weeks we should get an understanding of whats what.

TFF mod team
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lycos wrote:I have raised the subject of the 3 new teams being included. (As per other majors).
Thank you Lycos.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers