Can anyone who attended comment on the new BB video game?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

bootylactin
Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone who attended comment on the new BB video game?

Post by bootylactin »

I know that Cyanide was showing off an early build of the forthcoming BB video game. Would anyone who saw the game--or even better--played the game, care to comment?

We're getting very little new information from Cyanide or GW over on the Cyanide forums. Their promotion so far has sucked.

Reason: ''
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Looks good.

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Ryan01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ryan01 »

The game looked very good and plays pritty much like our beloved game does.

The graphics were well done and I loved it when someone fouls. you see the image of everyone assissting putting the boot in.

They only had Humans and Orcs avalible to play but the game was very easy to pick up.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ryan01 wrote:They only had Humans and Orcs avalible to play but the game was very easy to pick up.
That's what they told you - you should have been there when they were packing up... :wink: 8)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ryan01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ryan01 »

Let me guess you were let loss with Gobbo's

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

As a game for your console/pc it looks very good. Should be loads of fun.

100% buying it on release.

However I saw a few things I didn't like and have heard of others, if you are looking for a 1 to 1 conversion of tabletop. Just really minor things that might niggle the purists.

Also I've not played fummbl for over 2 years, but it kinda pang'ed some heart strings and I have a desire to log on again.

bootylactin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bootylactin »

gsot_5 wrote:However I saw a few things I didn't like and have heard of others, if you are looking for a 1 to 1 conversion of tabletop. Just really minor things that might niggle the purists.
Would you mind elaborating? :D

emeyin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emeyin »

Can you all please be more descriptive or specific on what you saw? I don't think you signed a NDA anyway so spill the beans.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

gsot_5 wrote:However I saw a few things I didn't like and have heard of others, if you are looking for a 1 to 1 conversion of tabletop. Just really minor things that might niggle the purists.
Huh?

I'm on the beta-test team and at present we are trying to make sure it IS a 1 to 1 conversion ... so what did you "hear"???

Seriously ... because you honestly should not have heard anything (or for that matter saw anything that wasn't scheduled to be fixed).

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
LordJugrnot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LordJugrnot »

Is it being released at the same time world wide? I'm in Canada and my crew here is slobbering all over their screens but I still haven't heard when it is set to be released . . . Anyone know?

I love the smell of TURF and BLOOD in the morning!
bootylactin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bootylactin »

LordJugrnot wrote:Is it being released at the same time world wide? I'm in Canada and my crew here is slobbering all over their screens but I still haven't heard when it is set to be released . . . Anyone know?
Q4 of 2008 was the last I heard....

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

It wasn't enough to change anyone’s mind - let's put it that way. Those that think it's going to be great will have been wowed by the twinkly graphics and closeness of the rules, and those that were cynical before (/me's hand is up) were even further put off by some of Cyanide's answers to questions (mainly about online play and the eventual addition of rosters).

It's still a wait and see 6 months after release thing.

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

Yeah I still said I'd 100% buy it.

But four minute turns, no top down view, no grid lines in general play.

Also I have a slight quibble with live action animation that stands still for 3 min 50 seconds just repeating the same movements again and again. But I think they've done it as good as it could be really. If it's a turn based game, it would be better, in my opinion, if they were static to show they are not the active player.

But as a said a cool computer game, just not a tournament game replacer.

SPIN1
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SPIN1 »

emeyin wrote:Can you all please be more descriptive or specific on what you saw? I don't think you signed a NDA anyway so spill the beans.
I thought the game looked very good and and included everything it should.

I recorded some action, vid is here.... http://www.innerspin1.com

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

The one niggle I noticed is the lack of grid.

When you activate a player you see a highlighted area of squares where your player can move to using his MA & also a larger one if he uses GFI.

But apart from this you couldn't see the squares on the board.

I did hear that there is a toggle for you to see the grid but also that you couldn't leave this on.

Apart from that it's pretty and the crowd & non-activated players go through the same animation every 30 secs.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else