The aftermath...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Valen wrote:
Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:9 dbl 6's on injury/armour rolls...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
9 :o :o :o :lol:
And there was me thinking it was Gav's dice that needed official scrutinising. :wink: :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Why? Because I beat Khemri 8 to 4 on casualties :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

All been said before,

but thanks for the weekend. Excellent people all around and stories of woeful dice to share. The number of stories outside that began with
"How did you get on?"
Pause...inhale
"Right..."

Anyone else notice their biggest win went against a non-NAF guy? My rating still sucks like a defiant hoover.

CT

ct
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

gsot_5 wrote:I would love to see an income/expenditure sheet for the event.
178 coaches each at £55 a pop = turnover of just shy of £10,000. If you assume the bar pays for the staff, I cannot fathom why GW thinks it can't afford a part time staff member to push BB forward. The BBGT rakes in enough money on its own to cover their wage before you even take into account mini sales.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Without thinking too hard, my thoughts on the weekend:

Great time. Great to spend time with friends and meet a few new faces. Great to play some new opponents and finally get my revenge on a very familiar one these days (sorry Alex :D ).

I think the staff on the day had a great attitude from the top down. Seemed to be a few more prizes too e.g. for all the best team nominees.

If you think about it a little more then yes, it is not great value for money. But that's the way GW has always been, from its figures to its tourneys. People will vote with their feet as they always have (and did so this weekend by showing up in numbers).

The tourney could of course be bigger and better, but it's pretty clear insitigating change is going to be difficult. I'm happy to back Lycos to carry on doing the job he's done so well so far and trust he can get the best out of a difficult situation.

Are we being ripped off? Yes, probably. Guess I just take a philosophical attitude to it all. I spent my money, had a good weekend and will probably be back next time...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

There we were, having a good whinge, and the voice of reason turns up :wink: :roll: :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I paid no money and didn't have to hang around with you lot again ;]

and you call pippy the voice of reason :o

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I have never been to an event that big and even though i hate the fact that GW want you to pay £55 which i am sure will be more next year i still think i will be at the blood bowl next year. Only so i can play against great guys and have a lot of fun. If it like some of the some tourneys then i am sure it is great. Its just such a shame that GW are running it, they should give the event to a company that care's. :wink: