BB stock for sale at the BBGT 2008

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

BB stock for sale at the BBGT 2008

Post by Lycos »

"GW is investigating current stock availability for an exclusive BB GT entrant only retail area at this years Bloodbowl, so that NAF members can buy some of the classic BB miniatures before they’re gone for good.

What kind of items would you like to see made available? While they can’t guarantee that everything will be there for people to purchase, they have promised to see what’s available and what they can do about getting it into the hands of players attending this event. So whether it’s star players, teams, and individual miniatures or even pitches dice or templates, let us know and we’ll pass it on to the powers that be in order to see if they can make this happen".

-- --

Ok, that is the situation. I have an agreed time scale of talking to them next about the 5th or 6th of March to allow enough time at GW to make it happen. I am away this weekend at the Dungeonbowl so I will not see the replies until Tuesday the 4th so don’t expect any answers from me until that time. Being honest, we are pretty short of time to get all the ideas and added value into the 08 tournament but I will try everything and anything possible.

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Stars like Hack En Slash, New Varag etc which didn't have time to flood ebay.

Individuals for Vampires, Nurgle etc where the boxed sets don't make good teams.

And everything else I guess...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Goblin Weapon stars are a huge one as they have no good replacements at all now either with GW or with other companies.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Beanie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beanie »

And what about the rest of the community not able to attend?

Clearly Blood bowl is slowly becoming like man o war and the other games that players spent so much time and money on!!!

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Beanie wrote:...

Clearly Blood bowl is slowly becoming like man o war and the other games that players spent so much time and money on!!!
Which is why Lycos and Galak are doing their best to get as much stuff available for as long as possible...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Cheerleaders in blisters of three models would be good (three orc cheerleaders in one, three dark elf cheerleaders in another, etc). The US website has already added some of these to their online store but they still don't appear on the UK website.

Other handy things would be "total booster packs" for each team. Having enough models in the booster pack to give you every additional positional you might need for a team - then you just need to buy the team box and the booster to have every model you ever need for a team.

All star players in individual blisters is pretty much essential - if not, collectors will soon end up paying more for recasts on Ebay than we did from GW before.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Beanie wrote:Clearly Blood bowl is slowly becoming like man o war and the other games that players spent so much time and money on!!!
I would argue that's not true at all.

I funded a good part of the start up capital for Impact! from my Man O' War collection selling on Ebay and directly to Darthnoir.

I was an MoW addict before I was a BB addict. I had all the navies and all the rule releases and all the CJ articles that added new rules to the game.

And then they left it and NO ONE else did anything with it.

At this time there are 7 companies with online businesses beside GW that sell fantasy football figures and accessories. That's a huge difference from what I was left with when GW washed their hands of MoW.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

howlinggriffon wrote:All star players in individual blisters is pretty much essential - if not, collectors will soon end up paying more for recasts on Ebay than we did from GW before.
They already are. Just go look at the prices the stars are already going for on Ebay. The reaction by the market to the removal of the stars is already occurring.

Galak

Beanie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beanie »

Galak

How are new players to blood bowl or legues to be encourged when you have to spend time and a great deal more on e-bay trying to get figures.

At the moment if a chainsaw blood bowl figures appears on e-bay it is being sold for upwards £15.

Blood bowl will soon become the past time of the well off - with the only option to pay well over the price.

I am currently spending more money on e-bay building my teams than in GW.

Regards

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Which is why Galak, through Impact, is trying to source, stock and sell BB figures.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I would certainly like to second the Booster Pack idea as long as the Booster carried all the positionals needed to fill out a roster.

Either that or allow us to purchase individual miniatures.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'd love any of the 2nd ed minis. Particularly the "good" elf team and maybe Skeletons. I'll have to check my catalogues for more, of which I'm sure there are many. :wink:

The thing I really miss is a WFB Ogre I was going to convert (the one with the big spike fist, axe and loads of armour). Damnit. :) :roll:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Ditto. 2nd ed minis would be great. Personally I'm looking for Dark Elves or Elves.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Yup, a 1-off, never to be repeated casting of 2nd Ed minis would add serious value to the ticket (assuming they cast enough to go round!!) After all, if they don't sell they can always be melted and recast into something else on the Monday :lol:

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Unfortunately, I think it highly unlikely that GW would recast any older miniatures. I would imagine the costs would be fairly prohibitive with very little, if any, profit margin for them.

I'm guessing they just want to shift whatever they may have left lying around in stock.