Blood Bowl GT 2008 - early info

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Just found out the dates for 2008. It is the weekend of the 10th and 11th may. Tickets go on sale 15th february at £55.

Reason: ''
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

mattwhile wrote:Just found out the dates for 2008. It is the weekend of the 10th and 11th may. Tickets go on sale 15th february at £55.
The price has gone up YET AGAIN!!!

How much was the NWC again for three days instead of two - £40 wasn't it :roll: :roll:

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

So it seems that GW have noticed the interest in BB ... and decided that means they can get away with a price hike. :wink: :lol:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just disgraceful. :pissed:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

45 IIRC Bren so another tenner for 3 less games and possibly (if they get away with it) a crappy rules set ......................

...........but i'll still be going took the decision not to last year and for some unknown reason really missed it :?:

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

On reflection, I guess it's predictable really. They're just trying to make a profit.

I guess they know hundreds will come no matter what the price. We'll winge first, then turn up :D

Still pants though!

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

F**king w**kers

So who is up for a torni in the white hart the same weekend??

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Pippy wrote:I guess they know hundreds will come no matter what the price. We'll winge first, then turn up :D
Sad but true.

I can't even be bothered to complain :roll: I'm going anyway, unless Gav organises a Stunty-megabowl-bonanza down the road :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Valen

Post by Valen »

Unfortunatley Igor I dont think it will happen as the big bosses at the NAF told me in no uncertain terms they would not under any circumstances sanction a NAF torni in Nottingham the same weekend as the blood bowl :cry:

But I was serious then and I am REALLY serious now they have put up the price, I would do it if there was enough interest

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Valen wrote:Unfortunatley Igor I dont think it will happen as the big bosses at the NAF told me in no uncertain terms they would not under any circumstances sanction a NAF torni in Nottingham the same weekend as the blood bowl :cry:

But I was serious then and I am REALLY serious now they have put up the price, I would do it if there was enough interest
Elfball at the White Hart... :wink: :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Valen

Post by Valen »

No, straight Blood Bowl :lol:

To be honest if I thought I would get at least 20 guys I would run it at the white hart NAF sanctioned or not, screw em :lol:

Canales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Canales »

Hi all,

A friend of mine told me that this year's BB GT will be organized not by GW, but by the NAF itself. Is that true? I cannot find any threads for confirmation here or on the NAF website.

I would also like to know if the rules for this year's tournament are already available.

Thanks!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Canales wrote:A friend of mine told me that this year's BB GT will be organized not by GW, but by the NAF itself. Is that true? I cannot find any threads for confirmation here or on the NAF website.
Not true. The NAF might be providing the refs, but GW are still running the tourney.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Well definately not going to play this year. TBH its all lost its appeal to me as a player the event is unchallenging and unrewarding and would prefer to play against better more fun players at other tournies. :roll:

As an event they just charge more and more each year and give very little back by way of entertainment and reward, unless you find a general knowledge quiz in the evening to your taste :cry:

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Valen wrote:Unfortunatley Igor I dont think it will happen as the big bosses at the NAF told me in no uncertain terms they would not under any circumstances sanction a NAF torni in Nottingham the same weekend as the blood bowl :cry:

Valen renting the White Heart room upstairs would be ace so if your planning on running an Elf Bowl / Street Bowl event upstairs I will come and support. play and trade at this, sounds more fun than GW Ran BB tourney!! :lol:

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk