Post Tourney Chatter...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

shaniepoo wrote: I lost 2-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-1 and drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score) .
Sounds like he was a complete 5 knuckle shuffle merchant to me :roll:

Reason: ''
Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:It's hard to think someone would insist on not scoring, unless they are trying to actually win the wooden spoon.
Bingo :evil:

And he still didn't acheive it. His points were lower because of a penalty for turning up late, and the TO's didn't consider it and gave him the spoon. So, if you fancy the spoon next year and you're playing at the bottom few tables just call over a referee, call him a tw#t a few times to get some points deducted, and it's yours! :roll:

I know some people aren't bothered by it, but some other guy had a stinker of a tourney (results wise, might have had a great time otherwise), got hosed many times, and then got robbed of his consilation prize by a player who didn't even try to be fair to everyone else. I took Gobbos' but I tried like hell to beat every single one of my opponents. That's the spirit of the game, that's why close games are so much fun even if you lose.

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Loony Toadquack wrote:Most TDs was won by an Aussie/NZ chap called Angus with High Elfs (17 TDs?)
Think GW might have screwed me out of that one. The results sheet creditied me with 14 TD's, but I got that in my two 7-0 games. I won two more games, and scored at least 1 TD in the remaining 4 (don't have my roster to hand, but I got 19 or 20 TDs).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

Darkson wrote:Think GW might have screwed me out of that one. The results sheet creditied me with 14 TD's, but I got that in my two 7-0 games.
How did you manage to beat two opponents 7-0 ? I'm just curious, because you don't see this every day on a tourney.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Skill, tactical nounce and superior intellect.

And a super-sized dose of GOD-DAMNED LUCK!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Darkson: tactical nonce?!?!

Crumbs :-?

:wink:

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

some guy peter thorpe also won 8-0 as well, who comes from fumbbl too, but he aint as good as our darkson ;)

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No-ones as good as our Darkson. I just play like an idiot most of the time to stop everyone else feeling inferior. ;)

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Darkson wrote:No-ones as good as our Darkson. I just play like an idiot most of the time to stop everyone else feeling inferior. ;)
Heh, and I still cant beat you... whats that make me then! :lol:

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

'Special' :wink:

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

shaniepoo wrote:All in all it was great and it's made me think of doing the 'Bearded Snot 3' for next year here in Lancaster.
Would love to see it come back.

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

firebreather wrote:
shaniepoo wrote:All in all it was great and it's made me think of doing the 'Bearded Snot 3' for next year here in Lancaster.
Would love to see it come back.
We are looking into it but it might not be until next march. Need to look at the list of events so far for this year.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My tournament started off badly with a 1-0 loss (in which I failed the classic touchline go for it.) and a 2-1 loss (a similarly cursed affair in which the difference between a draw and a loss was a double-double skulls!)

I rounded off day one with a 1-1 draw, which is exactly how I started day two, finishing off the tourney with two 2-1 wins to earn myself... as I worked it out anyway... a 1% improvement from last year. (Seriously.)

The change from my usual Wood Elves to Dwarves was all well and good when I'm practicing against Shaniepoo's goblins every week, but they proved a wee bit less effective when my first two teams were nurgle and orcs. Suddenly there's a cage of 4 strength 4's to break through.

Note to self; Never again base your tournament team off of how well they do against goblins in practice...

As for Bearded Snot III in Lancaster, hopefully I'll be able to lend a hand to Shaniepoo in order to get it going. I'm still insisting on my "free pens" idea.

-Edit- Oh yeah, final place in tourney was #63

OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

I would like to know my first opponent's name and nickname.
He sais he lives in Manchester, but he was born in Liverpool.
He played Orcs.

They Believed in Nothing..
Now They Are Nothing
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Ahh Dreamer, you signed on then 8)
Long Bomb on a 6 wrote: Note to self; Never again base your tournament team off of how well they do against goblins in practice...
You trying to say my Goblin's aint a worthy team to play against :pissed:

I'll kick your arse next time we play. Im going back to Norse for our league anyway so i will well and trully kick your arse.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D