Post Tourney Chatter...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Mordredd wrote:
Igor Tahavanale wrote:Darksons coffee cup at No.5 (technically a carniflex or something 40K-ish apparently) did very well in the best painted team.
:lol: That's "card effect"... :wink:
I said all weekend you couldn't understand half of the cr#p he muttered through that PA system :lol: Not that much of it was of any interest anyway... well it could have been I suppose... well, the 50% that I didn't get could have been :wink:

Reason: ''
Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
jordellfreshbreeze
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

well i had a great time had a good tourney with high elves won 3 drew 1 lost 2 not bad oh and got a 8 point taken off for being 15 mins late on the sunday arwell

great to see everyone again and we need some pictures from the friday night off the meaty sandwich and yes its two tourneys in a mouth wow didnt see where i finshed had to leave early but had a really great weekend

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Got to admit that i had a great time this year :D

The weekend started at 12.30 friday afternoon when we got off the train...by 1pm we were in 'HOOTERS' 8) After an afternoon of drinking and continual testing of my new 15 player, no Troll Goblin team Dwarfcoach and some of the others turned up at Bugman's. After being kicked out of Bugman's due to a salsa class ( :?: ) it was on to the Pit & Pendulum where we all paid homage (or beer should i say) to Dwarfcoach in his huge chair at the head of the round table. Darkson, didnt you get a pic of him in the chair? And who can forget about Jamie 'the wounder stud' in the pub after the Pit and Pendulum. 3! YES i said 3! girls at once! Dude, you got to tell me your secret...oh yeah, it was Big Time Tony telling them you were desperate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rock city on the sat night was also awsome, but i dont recall the 2 cage dancers last time i went there...now that was a nice surprise. And again...Jamie 'the wounder stud'...only this time the 3 girls had turned into a teddy monkey chearleader... :roll:

As far as Blood Bowl goes i came in at a massive...132 out of 135 (i think) :oops: 3rd from the bottom.

I lost 2-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-1 and drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score) and 1-1. Yes i came in joint last with the least amount of TD's...2! :( On the other hand i did score 23 casualties...but had over 30 against me :x

Highlights (and lowlights in some cases) of the games:

* Killing a Black Orc and an Ogre in the 1st turn on 2 games.
* Managing to survive more 3 dice blocks against me than single dice blocks :D
* My S7 Fanatic bieing killed by a S1 Snotling that blitzed it.
* Being beaten 3-0 but a kid who has only been playing for 1 week before the torni :x
*Being 1-0 up at the end of the 1st half of my last game. 2nd half starts and im recieving the ball...by turn 4 im 4-1 down :?:
* Being forced to change the name of my team to Tintin's Raiders. Thats why i lost so many games :roll:

All in all it was great and it's made me think of doing the 'Bearded Snot 3' for next year here in Lancaster.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

I lost 2-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-1 and drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score) and 1-1. Yes i came in joint last with the least amount of TD's...2! On the other hand i did score 23 casualties...but had over 30 against me
Bloody hell mate your overall tournament stats are the same as mine (I think) I also caused 23 Cas's (Bloody High Elf armour)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

At least he tried to win. Very unsporting Ryan

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

shaniepoo wrote:.... drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score)
Who was that against, Shaniepoo?

VERY UNSPORTING, indeed. Something will have to be done about that.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Hmm, well I definately had a chat during the weekend and was told that this kind of behaviour would not continue.

The proof will be in the next tourney I guess, I for one will be watching very closely...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Geggster wrote:
shaniepoo wrote:.... drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score)
Who was that against, Shaniepoo?

VERY UNSPORTING, indeed. Something will have to be done about that.
Why would he refuse to score? Surely its in his best interests to get more points?

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

It's hard to think someone would insist on not scoring, unless they are trying to actually win the wooden spoon.

Surely no one would do that . ......Would they ? :roll: :roll:

Word to Your Mother.
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

it just ruins the tournament.

Mr 1-in-20
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:it just ruins the tournament.
Not sure it ruins the tournament, but it certainly ruins all of the games that that chap might be involved in.

Picture the scene - day one, 10am. You get your first opponent and hope to have a good game, maybe even a win and make a new acquiantance. You try and score. He lets you. Cue - two hours of boredom as you both have the same goal (a win for you).

Surely the ideal is that coaches attend tournies with the view to enjoying games for the spirit that they are played in and competition that then occurs. To rob your opponent of either of these goals is reprehensible whatever your own "goals" are for the tourney.

The fun comes from ensuring your opponent enjoys the game too. Some would do well to remember that.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

No, it does ruin the tourney, because imagine in game one he tries and gewts a draw.

The player he plays now has 8 instead of 13 and so goes on to play someone else, so everyone else plays different people, and this is done in every single round, so everyone doesn't play who they should've and the pairings are all screwed up.

It's all retrospect, but it still f*cks the entire thing cause of one idiot.

In my view, the match ball is there to go to a novice who's never or only been to 2 or 3 tourneys and gets the ball as a "reward" for trying and taking all in good heart- there is a difference between no skill and no will...

Not trying to start an argument, this is just my view.

Mr 1-in-20
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

shaniepoo wrote:Got to admit that i had a great time this year :D

The weekend started at 12.30 friday afternoon when we got off the train...by 1pm we were in 'HOOTERS' 8) After an afternoon of drinking and continual testing of my new 15 player, no Troll Goblin team Dwarfcoach and some of the others turned up at Bugman's. After being kicked out of Bugman's due to a salsa class ( :?: ) it was on to the Pit & Pendulum where we all paid homage (or beer should i say) to Dwarfcoach in his huge chair at the head of the round table. Darkson, didnt you get a pic of him in the chair? And who can forget about Jamie 'the wounder stud' in the pub after the Pit and Pendulum. 3! YES i said 3! girls at once! Dude, you got to tell me your secret...oh yeah, it was Big Time Tony telling them you were desperate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rock city on the sat night was also awsome, but i dont recall the 2 cage dancers last time i went there...now that was a nice surprise. And again...Jamie 'the wounder stud'...only this time the 3 girls had turned into a teddy monkey chearleader... :roll:

As far as Blood Bowl goes i came in at a massive...132 out of 135 (i think) :oops: 3rd from the bottom.

I lost 2-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-1 and drew 0-0 (could have lost 2-0 but he refused to score) and 1-1. Yes i came in joint last with the least amount of TD's...2! :( On the other hand i did score 23 casualties...but had over 30 against me :x

Highlights (and lowlights in some cases) of the games:

* Killing a Black Orc and an Ogre in the 1st turn on 2 games.
* Managing to survive more 3 dice blocks against me than single dice blocks :D
* My S7 Fanatic bieing killed by a S1 Snotling that blitzed it.
* Being beaten 3-0 but a kid who has only been playing for 1 week before the torni :x
*Being 1-0 up at the end of the 1st half of my last game. 2nd half starts and im recieving the ball...by turn 4 im 4-1 down :?:
* Being forced to change the name of my team to Tintin's Raiders. Thats why i lost so many games :roll:

All in all it was great and it's made me think of doing the 'Bearded Snot 3' for next year here in Lancaster.
Pub after the Pit was UP n Under, then over the road to bar Arabia (world smallest bar i think) Till 3:30.

Best sight of the weekend, a VERY broken Valen on the sofa sunday morning.
Worst sight. A VERY VERY broken Valen trying to get up sunday mornig.

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

I thought Valen was the worst sight anyone could see no matter his state?

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
DeathJester
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DeathJester »

Especially half naked dancing with Woody at Rock City... :roll:

-----------------------------------------------
Most CAS: Thrudbowl 2006, Spikey 2006, Poobowl 2007, Waterbowl 2007, Albabowl 2007
Stunty Cup: BBQ Bowl 2021

"Bloodbowl is better than crazy golf"