Post Tourney Chatter...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

Blimey,

Good work Leon, sounds like you had a good tournament. Congrats to all the winners - anyone know who got most TDs/casualties.

Reason: ''
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Geggster wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:some new entries in for the BBJB coming I would assume
Oh yes.

The Lemsip Gambit.
The Lemsip Gambit: feigning illness in order to secure an alibi for an early night, when patently DTW (Desperate To Win) (Lucifer :wink: )

And a few more phrases inc:

do a dusty (a 3/2/1 breakdown - as in Dusty Bin from 3-2-1 with Ted whats-his-name)

and

Chump Surf - ride your way to the top tables on a wave of "coaches of limited ability"

I thought the food was pretty average for the price to be honest. And the yellow cards for being 15 minutes late were a bit silly also.

Otherwise the tourney was OK, but not what it could be given the great potential of the venue.

Well pleased with 4th spot. Now I know orcs can win it so I'll be gunning for 1st place next year!

Bring on the rankings 8)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Most TDs was won by an Aussie/NZ chap called Angus with High Elfs (17 TDs?)

Most cas was 33 by someone I don't know, possibly with Norse??

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Igor Tahavanale wrote:Darksons coffee cup at No.5 (technically a carniflex or something 40K-ish apparently) did very well in the best painted team.
:lol: That's "card effect"... :wink:

Most amusing that it allegedly tied for 1st place too.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

I think this year has been a slight improvement. The enviroment was much better and forgetting about all the silly rules (paint points, sportmanship, etc) help to keep the refs away.

But, a lot of things arent improved...and year after year keep beeing crap. The tiebraker, the "doormans" refs, food (this year was better if you pay for better food :pissed: the voucher's system is much worse), price, etc. Maybe i'll regret again (last year i said the same)...but i'm not coming back.

I'll prefer to meet you all in any other tournament around the world :wink:

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Lycos wrote:
Stunty cup was Thomas Raae Anderson from Denmark. Actually I see Darkson was 9th looking at the table.
Cool, a foreign stunty cup winner. Which race did he use?

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Richy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Richy »

He had halflings.

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

2 treemen
Deeproot
11 halflings
1 RR
Chef

And actually he managed to play in really top tables all over the sunday. Impressive.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

he is also raae on fumbbl id guess ;)

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

I had another great weekend at Nottingham! Great to see the usual suspects and meet some new ones (matey-boy and others :wink: ) plus loads of funny/memorable stuff, including:

* 'Holding Court' downstairs at the Pit & Pendulum (sitting right underneath the loudest speakers they had :roll: )

* Planning all the new T-shirt slogans from the weekends activities ('I went to Bugmans and Got I.D'd' :D )

* Getting stalled for the entire second half on Table Two, game four (and not being able to do anything about it :( )

* Forgetting my Salsa shoes ( :lol: )

*Realizing that the less sleep I get, the better Blood Bowl I play ( :o )

And loads of other stuff (alot of which I can't remember at the moment). Overall an improvement on last year, my worst gripe would probably have to be the rather harsh penalty for late-comers (although it was the first year ever since going to the Blood Bowl that I actually got there for 9am on the Sunday :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: Image) and the rather arbitrary way it seemed to be applied. We had a long discussion about this and lots of guys had varying opinions but most agreed that it was a pretty strong decision.
On the plus side there was better food, better timing (well slightly late opening on the sunday but then I am the last person who can moan about lateness on Sundays :oops: ), better stock at Warhammer World, Bugmans staff roaming the hall at one point offering the bring over drinks, etc. etc. Definately listening to players comments and a smoother event overall.

Roll on the World Cup!!!

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

And thanks for the avatar showing the new NAF dice!

I dont know how plastered you were mate...but the "not getting into the nightclub because you were overdressed" is a classic. "You're not comin' in 'ere with that jacket on mate".

TFF mod team
dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Lycos wrote: I dont know how plastered you were mate...but the "not getting into the nightclub because you were overdressed" is a classic. "You're not comin' in 'ere with that jacket on mate".
:P :P

Oh yeah, pure class:

'Sorry mate, you can't come in'

'Why, whats up'

*points at my clothes*

'Sorry, whats wrong?'

*Takes me out side and points at an A4 laminate saying 'No suit-jackets, trousers, shirts or shoes'*

'Too smartly dressed, alternative clothes only tonight, we don't want you causing trouble'

'Erm, well I'm actually wearing all of those items. Go on mate, I'm here every year, i've never been in trouble or fights ([quickly inserts caveat:] at Rock City), I'm a good bloke really'

*Woody wanders up, asks me why I haven't paid yet, when I tell him he almost falls over laughing. Ten minutes of me and Woody convincing the guy, and I'm in... :roll: *

:lol: , a much more civilized 'conversation' with a bouncer than the last time down south... :wink:

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

Loony Toadquack wrote: Chump Surf - ride your way to the top tables on a wave of "coaches of limited ability"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Geggster wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:some new entries in for the BBJB coming I would assume
Oh yes...
Not sure if it's already in there (pretty sure it is) but we have a minor correction to an existing reference:

'Triple Desmond' (as in Desmond Tutu therefore indicating and overall tourney score of 2/2/2)

was modified in the White Hart on Sunday evening by Mordred to

'A Desmond 1.5' (as the name is already Tu-Tu, therefore only .5 extra was required...)

:lol:

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

dwarfcoach wrote:*Takes me out side and points at an A4 laminate saying 'No suit-jackets, trousers, shirts or shoes'*

'Too smartly dressed, alternative clothes only tonight, we don't want you causing trouble'

'Erm, well I'm actually wearing all of those items. Go on mate, I'm here every year, i've never been in trouble or fights ([quickly inserts caveat:] at Rock City), I'm a good bloke really'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear, this is a good one. Good fluf for the BloodBowl tourney in the rulebook if someone can manage to squeeze it in.

Nuffle Sucks!