Post Tourney Chatter...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Diamond Joe Quimby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Diamond Joe Quimby »

Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:No, it does ruin the tourney, because imagine in game one he tries and gewts a draw.

The player he plays now has 8 instead of 13 and so goes on to play someone else, so everyone else plays different people, and this is done in every single round, so everyone doesn't play who they should've and the pairings are all screwed up.

It's all retrospect, but it still f*cks the entire thing cause of one idiot.

In my view, the match ball is there to go to a novice who's never or only been to 2 or 3 tourneys and gets the ball as a "reward" for trying and taking all in good heart- there is a difference between no skill and no will...

Not trying to start an argument, this is just my view.

i completely agree with leon, the moron who took last place due to penaltys only did so because he purposefully turned up late to take the wooden spoon. my friend lyam who had a rubbish tourney as far as luck is concerned and lost every match should have came last. the thing that pisses me off is that lyam thoroughly enjoyed himself, whereas dick mike ryan cheated to get it!

knob!

btw the tourney was awesome and i thoughroly enjoyed getting my ass handed to me by lycos!!!!!

and damed dwafs 3 in a row

Reason: ''
1st place - Welsh open 2012' CrumbBowl 2012
2nd place - exiles 3 2011
most touchdowns - GT '09, THRUDBALL '09, CAKEBOWL '11
Most casualties - White Isle Star Bowl II, Brewerz Bowl '11, Welsh open 2013
Stunty cup winner - exiles open '10
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

You know, all of this makes me feel I didnt miss out on much when I couldnt go in the ned and had to sell my ticket :(

Is the results of a few games so important? Dont think the guy was smart for throwing all his games, but still people shouldnt react the way they seem to be doing (I wasnt there so my view is moot)

Not a good advertisement guys...

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Its over now- i've forgotten all about it and remembering the good parts of the tourney. of which there were very many.

It was more af a minor grumble... :-? :-?

Mr 1-in-20
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Diamond Joe Quimby wrote: i completely agree with leon, the moron who took last place due to penaltys only did so because he purposefully turned up late to take the wooden spoon.
I don't think your post is big or clever. And I don't believe it is factually accurate.
Speaking as one of those who turned up late, I don't think any of us did it intentionally. I don't speak for Ryan but I KNOW it screwed the rest of us, especially Jamie who would have been on the top table instead of getting dice raped by me.
I'm not denying there was some match fixing going on but I don't believe the penalty was deliberate.
And I think if you were going to try and get a penalty, turning up late (which a lot of people were surprised that it was punished at all) when you could just forfeit your final game when you knew that's what you needed would seem a more sensible option for some one who wanted to get the wooden spoon and didn't mind cheating to get it.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

browwnrob wrote:You know, all of this makes me feel I didnt miss out on much when I couldnt go in the ned and had to sell my ticket :(

Is the results of a few games so important? Dont think the guy was smart for throwing all his games, but still people shouldnt react the way they seem to be doing (I wasnt there so my view is moot)

Not a good advertisement guys...
I don't think the angry reactions are warranted, but players voicing an opinion that they would prefer the other coaches at the BBGT to have the decency to at least try... I think that's a good advertisement. The angry stuff obviously not, but the fairness side of it all has merit.

And you did miss out on a good weekend btw. Like the Nuffle-one says, it's a minor grumble in an otherwise fun tourney.

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Diamond Joe Quimby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Diamond Joe Quimby »

yea the angryness may not have been warrented, but the deliberate chucking of his game for the penlty points is uncalled for, and then to boast that he did it and it got him the wooden spoon? mmm!

but as nuffle was a welf said the tourney was fantastic, my 3rd bbgt and by no means my last!

1st place - Welsh open 2012' CrumbBowl 2012
2nd place - exiles 3 2011
most touchdowns - GT '09, THRUDBALL '09, CAKEBOWL '11
Most casualties - White Isle Star Bowl II, Brewerz Bowl '11, Welsh open 2013
Stunty cup winner - exiles open '10
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

I thought I would just chuck in here that we hope to have the results in today/tomorrow in the NAF site.

TFF mod team
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Lycos wrote:I thought I would just chuck in here that we hope to have the results in today/tomorrow in the NAF site.
Good stuff. Thanks for that.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Looking at the final positions, I think that I can make a good case for the 'biggest (negative) reversal of fortune'. I had two great games with my wood elves to start, ranking in 1st place after both round 1 and 2. After that - nose dive. Over the next four rounds I dropped 101 places, finishing 102nd. The games were still great, and my luck didn't seem much worse than average, but my opponants seemed to be getting hugely lucky. Two dead catchers and a lineman by turn two. I finished one game with three players standing, 1 ko and 7 dead and injured.

I had a great time though.

OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

I'm looking for it every day..
I think my opponent were all Naf members, unfortunately I'm sure about Lucifer, the game I lost ..
I must regain the amount of points I lost in my f.... last tournament in Italy
Lycos wrote:I thought I would just chuck in here that we hope to have the results in today/tomorrow in the NAF site.
:pissed:

They Believed in Nothing..
Now They Are Nothing
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

OBLIVIUS wrote:I think my opponent were all Naf members, unfortunately I'm sure about Lucifer, the game I lost ..
It's OK.... those points went to a good home :D ;-)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I heard they went to PeteW

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Well had some off me as well.....

Anyway, It is Tuesday and I am still waiting on another to finalise the stats. I am sure most of you can see the race you used 0/0/0 next to it but we are almost there.

TFF mod team
OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

lucifer wrote:
OBLIVIUS wrote:I think my opponent were all Naf members, unfortunately I'm sure about Lucifer, the game I lost ..
It's OK.... those points went to a good home :D ;-)
:evil: :pissed: :wink:

They Believed in Nothing..
Now They Are Nothing
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Lycos wrote:Well had some off me as well.....
Yeah, but it was a bad match up for you (your Dwarves, my Amazons...). :lol: :wink: