What team are you taking?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

shaniepoo
Party Boy

What team are you taking?

Post by shaniepoo »

Just out of pure curiosity and with the new rules for some of teh teams, what we everyone be taking this year?

With the big changes in the Norse teams and my lack of time to convert a load of new Wolfmen conversions ive opted to go with a Gnoblar (Goblin) team. So far im at a 4-0 lossing streak and have conceded about 15-20 TD's agains Pro/Wood elves :-? On the other hand ive managed to cause 10+ casualties in return for just 3. I think i stand a good chance at winning this year :smoking:

Tommy Dreamer will be taking Wood Elves again. He came last year after being forced into a 3 week crash course in BB aftyer Big Time dropped out on me. He went on to come in the top 1/2 and only lost 1 game averaging 3TD's per game. He plans to win... :lol:

Big Time...he says he is taking Orc's...but has no team after his land lord binned all his stuff, including a £200 warmaster empire army, a 2000pt Dwarf army and the resurection (i think) Skaven gutter runner model from back in 2000 (i think). Looks like he is using my old Rabid team as an Orc/Human team.

Reason: ''
The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

His landlord did WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

yeah. And all he could do was shrug his shoulders :o I told him to do something but he just said...'what can you do. Its to late now.'

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

He needs a slap.

And his landlord too

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

shaniepoo wrote:yeah. And all he could do was shrug his shoulders :o I told him to do something but he just said...'what can you do. Its to late now.'
sue his pants off :puke:

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If I get the team made in time (really should start!), Norse.
If not, no bloody idea.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Has to be Flings

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

hmm maybe amazons... maybe orcs... maybe lizards...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

I had a riot with Gobbos last year, I'll be extremely suprised if I can persuade myself not to take them again. Then again, I'm about to start painting my 'flings. I was going to take an alternative Ogre team, but GW price hikes are putting me off duplicating a team before I've got all the normal teams. :roll:

It won't be anything 'serious' though. I'm not getting my ass handed to me all weekend with a team that's supposed to win, I want an excuse for losing :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

I painted myself a gobbo team, had fun with a couple of the conversions, and love the idea of them...

BUT... I just suck at playing them :cry: I'm not sure I can put myself through the pain of being beaten in every game for the whole weekend.

SO... it may be the faithful skaven. Boring? Yes. Will I enjoy myself more if I take them? Probably. :roll:

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

If i can get my dwarfs painted in time they're coming if not its orcs again.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Im bringing my Chaos Cup team, and will use them as humans, as it seems the best fit, apart from chaos which suck eggs :lol:

just hope some jobsworth im playing doesnt get the team banned by inept referees as they arent "GW figs" :lol:
Could use them as orcs? Or can I with the mini rules?

Got 4 teams to paint for the GT for other folk, so i better get cracking!

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

browwnrob wrote:Im bringing my Chaos Cup team, and will use them as humans, as it seems the best fit, apart from chaos which suck eggs :lol:

just hope some jobsworth im playing doesnt get the team banned by inept referees as they arent "GW figs" :lol:

Remember Rob get pictures to prove you made it in and I'll do something to reward you for being the first person to play with the Chaos Cup figures at a Major.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
browwnrob wrote:Im bringing my Chaos Cup team, and will use them as humans, as it seems the best fit, apart from chaos which suck eggs :lol:

Remember Rob get pictures to prove you made it in and I'll do something to reward you for being the first person to play with the Chaos Cup figures at a Major.

Galak
Oh, I didnt realise that :oops: :o Im sure others will have the team out as well (and more nicely painted! :) )

Have decided to repaint them (again!) as I was unhappy with the redness of the minis I had done... should be an interesting race to try to get them finished hehe

Am tempted to bring the new dSLR camera I have to the BB, its a bit of a monster lenses and body weigh in excess of 1.5kg!

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

i know to a fact i am bringing a team between 11-16 players it will have models to represent the players :D and maybe some rerolls (see how i feel), and some fan factor, maybe if your lucky i might have assist coaches and cheerleaders......might have a turn counter and re roll counter.......... and a board (nah they supply that) but the most IMPORTANT THING IS MONEY FOR THE BAR :D :smoking:

"Living the Dream!!"