Provisional info for the 2007 Blood Bowl Tournament

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

I wasn't going to mention that. Nor was I going to mention that they set the dates for all their major events at least 6 to 9 months in advance, nor even was I going to mention that they already have a facility available to record entrants and take money (Mail Order). Therefore, and I really wasn't going to mention this either, they really only need to do two things prior to the event. And they don't manage either.

Reason: ''
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Does mail order record entrants? They do record who buys tickets (at least briefly), but that's not the same thing surely.

Another question (this one not at all rhetorical); does anyone know if the events team do any other jobs at GW, events or otherwise, other than running tournaments?

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

But as I said (repeatedly, but of course those with a chip on their shoulder about GW won't read it :roll: ), the event was being organised by one person, who was then taken off it, and the event given to someone else, by higher management. The new event TO was then sent to America for 2 weeks (plus another overseas trip), then when he returned, sent on a First Aid course, again, all by higher management.

So why is any of that the TOs fault?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

cause the previous dude should have already sorted all this out

all they had to do was check the rules when lrb5 was out and change the rulepack

everything else they just take from the previous year

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Grumbledook wrote:everything else they just take from the previous year
Ah, you mean all the things that we've bitched about previous years. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i don't recall bitching about the date and the venue ;o

the food sure but thats not the TO remit

and the results entering, past history shows they ignore any help here

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Yes... Simon...why you try to defence the indefenceable?

I mean...they just need to improve 3 things...

Know the rules: Last years final "ref" was a total newbie of BB. Why they dont ask to you to ref the final?

Get a proper tournament management tool: Score works perfect. Why they use a excel poor table?

Last...but not least...define the rules of the tournament before they sell the tickets. Actually, this is not that hard. Just neet to make the rules clear. We (I mean the BB comunity) doesnt need a specific ruleset, just need a clear one. So, just do it.

All this doesnt take money. Doesnt take much time (i can do this is 2 days if its my work?). An best....i cant do it when im travelling abroad. Yes, yes, yes. I can read the rules. I can choose the rules for the tourney...and I dont need to get the tool...because Score is SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to use, that actually you dont need to get a whole day using it to get used to.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

grotuk wrote:Know the rules: Last years final "ref" was a total newbie of BB. Why they dont ask to you to ref the final?
To busy being hung over.
Get a proper tournament management tool: Score works perfect. Why they use a excel poor table?
IF the GW mail server/anti-virus didn't think it was spam, they have a copy pre-set for this year, thanks to Joris.
Last...but not least...define the rules of the tournament before they sell the tickets. Actually, this is not that hard. Just neet to make the rules clear. We (I mean the BB comunity) doesnt need a specific ruleset, just need a clear one. So, just do it.
They did, unfortunately it was LRB4 (happy as that would have made me).

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

anyone know if there's any tickets left?

Mr 1-in-20
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

GW mailorder probably know. :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

GW Mail Order might know :wink:

Then again... :wink: :lol:

edit - I'm turning all hoomin... I feel so dirty :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

That's not dirt, that's the warm fuzzy feeling of helpfulness. Feel great doesn't it.

Either that, or yer incontinent.! :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Plenty of tickets I'll say.

I bought them 2 weeks ago and the last of the five was the 145...so...that says a lot about this year's interest.

But call MO

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

hoomin_erra wrote:Either that, or yer incontinent.! :wink:
Nah, I'd wear a kilt if I were... no chance of accidents showing up :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

browwnrob wrote:so that means I cant take my chaos cup team? to use as Humans?

:evil:
I mailed GW events team and they say I have to use them as Chaos, "Chaotic" Humans wont do as some folk may get confused so I think Ill use em as Chaos! Not that I was going to try to win the thing anyway ;)

I think I was lucky as the guy has that issue of White Dwarf (114) and remembered the team heh... now what lineup/skills will I take? :D

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested