Provisional info for the 2007 Blood Bowl Tournament

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

The most significant paragraph seems to be point 4 at the end. I'm sure that it's meant to stop, for example, people using Orcs to represent Wood Elfs, either because they haven't got a 2nd Wardancer or because they don't have any Elfs at all. But it does seem to slam the door on any converted team where official 'off the shelf' representations of the team's positions exist. Which would be most of them.

I think that an FAQ on paragraph 4 would be helpful.

Reason: ''
Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Mordredd wrote:4. .....Therefore you may not use the counts as rule for models that are included in the team list you are using. If the model is included in the team lists, then the WYSIWYG rule takes precedence.
In a word, WHAT? :?: This is such a broad, open ended statement that it just makes no sense of what they're trying to say. Normally I can work out what they mean, but in this case it's as clear as mud. Definitely one that needs an example as Mordredd says.

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Thats not how I'd read that one. It would seem to imply that you can't use a 2nd ed blitzer model to represent a lineman, becasue blitzer is a position on the team list. You could use a discontinued star player as a catcher though, because the star player isn't a position on the list. A blitzer is always a blitzer, but a DE thrower could be a runner.

That's how I read it anyway. I'd get confirmation off GW before making the trip though. My Ogre idea involves absolutely no BB figures at all (they are all GW though) and I don't want some awkward sod telling me that "that isn't the correct figure type" without a printed off bit of evidence which tells them they can stick that opinion up their back passage.

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

I hear what you're saying there. Apart from my Mummies my entire current Undead team are made up of converted WFB figs. I've used Zombies as Zombies, and Ghouls as Ghouls but I've been on the wrong side of stupid queries (about other things) before...

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

So can you take star players?

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

From page 3:
Darkson wrote:No inducements other than Stars
MUST have 11 rostered players BEFORE you add Stars
Is that not clear, hippy? :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

... :roll:

And i aint a dam hippy!

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

just looked at the rule book, i have to convert more norde players now :(

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

so that means I cant take my chaos cup team? to use as Humans?

:evil:

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

browwnrob wrote:so that means I cant take my chaos cup team? to use as Humans?

:evil:
By the sound of it I think your only worry is if some *(&%*^% doesn't like it and can deduct you a couple of points.

A few years ago a friend of mine played against an Undead team. He didn't have enough minis so filled out his positionals with Beastmen. He used one as a wight and one as a ghoul. TBH I think that is out of order and I'd try and find him some other mini to use/complain/deduct points whatever. That's the sort of thing they are trying to stop - I don't think they are trying to stop custom teams.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

What about taking a Goblin team made up of gnoblars (i think thats right, the little greenies from the ogre kingdoms)?

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

just asking for someone who cant access TBB... he is planning on buying a painted HE team (off me incidentally! :lol: ) but lately he has the notion of using them as pro Elves, Im going to assume this is OK to do as long as he lets his opponents know, but it would be comforting to know :D

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

You might want to colour the base rings to designate the positionals then.

As for the chaos team, you might get away with it. I know i tried. But then again, i failed.

Apparently the Card Skaven from WD86 are not "Official Citadel Figures" :P

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Latest News:

More than likely that Halflings will be allowed to buy a Master Chef for 100k.
Very likely that Goblins will be able to buy bribes as per the LRB5 (so not at the reduced 50k that might go in LRB6).
Possibiblity that any normal inducement will be allowed for any team (so Mercs, Babes, Wizaed etc).

On the models front and WYSIWYG.
Chaos/Nurgle - As long as your team is WYSIWYG before GAME 1, then you can take mutations as skill choices without having to supply a seperate model. It will be enough to say "#8 has Claw" in the same way you now say "#8 has Block".
Gnoblars/Goblins on Ogre teams: Perfectly acceptable, as long as you let your opponent know that they're Snotlings.
Basically, what the rules mean is that you can use any model to represent a figure, as long as that model isn't normally on the roster. So (for example), you could use Gnoblars to represent Goblins on an Orc team, but you couldn'y use Goblins to represent the Orcs on an Orc team because Goblins are part of the Orc roster.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

Darkson wrote:Very likely that Goblins will be able to buy bribes as per the LRB5 (so not at the reduced 50k that might go in LRB6).
I really hope so. In fact I've just emailed them asking for confirmation on this. ["fingers crossed" hopeful smiley]

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer