Reason: ''
Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

No, i was merely born in the wrong location, i am home now. :P

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lucifer wrote:Er, I've never seen a Welsh (hoomin) inconsiderate towards foreigners on these boards.
Well, Rob's still posting, I think that's pretty inconsiderate. ;)

And Valen was very inconsiderate to admins from a certain popular BB site, that just happen to be mainly foreign (at least the ones he was getting at). :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

hoomin_erra wrote:Valen's in our Larder!!
Our....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Very funny, now I am hungry :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Do we know what rulebook is going to be used yet?

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

I would expect LRB5

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Current info I have is:

LRB 5
No inducements other than Stars
MUST have 11 rostered players BEFORE you add Stars
WYSIWYG (which might have an effect this year, seeing as mutations are available for Chaos/Nurgle for the first time, and Ogre teams, seeing as not everyone has snotling figs)

Scoring
Draw: 8/8
Win by 1 TD: 11/5
Win by 2+ TD: 13/3
Painting -
In addition a coach can receive 8 bonus Tournament Points for having the best painted Team at the event.
:pissed: :puke:

Note, afaik, this is pretty "set in stone", but it might change.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

8 points?

Well that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Darkson wrote:Current info I have is:
WYSIWYG (which might have an effect this year, seeing as mutations are available for Chaos/Nurgle for the first time, and Ogre teams, seeing as not everyone has snotling figs)
Knackers. I had a good Ogre variant planned, which involves absolutely no Ogre or Snotling figures what so ever.

I know that the odd team I saw last year was slightly confusing, but surely enforcing a "must have base-rings" rule for non-standard figures is a good enough cover.

I'm trying to avoid the painitng = game points thing, because it ####S ME OFF :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Since Best Painted walks away with a prize anyway I don't see why they should get a tournament bonus to boot. :pissed:

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Is anyone going to take WYSIWYG seriously? If I see a nice team that I can tell the positions apart on I really don't care and certainly won't penalise my opponent.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

ianwilliams wrote:Is anyone going to take WYSIWYG seriously? If I see a nice team that I can tell the positions apart on I really don't care and certainly won't penalise my opponent.
There's always stupid people over the hall...so dont try it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'll try to copy the exact wording from the pack I've seen.
I'm making a list of clarifications/questions to send to the Events team, in the hope there will be a decent FAQ available.

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Well, seeing as I have time to kill and the rules pack here...

APPENDIX 1: 'COUNTS AS' RULE
An important principle in the Grand Tournament rules is "what you see is what you get" or WYSIWYG (pronounced "wizzywig") for short. All this means is that unless you are using the 'counts as' rule (see below), then the miniatures used are assumed to have the equipment actually shown on the model.

Most of the time you should use the WYSIWYG rule above during your games. However, you may if you wish decide that certain models in your team 'count as' something else from the team lists of roughly the same size and function. This is especially useful if you are using old models that are no longer in the range and therefore not covered in the team lists, but it can also be used so that converted models may be included in your team.

For example, you might have managed to lay your hands on an old Citadel miniature that we made many years ago but are now no longer in the range. Rather than leaving these models languishing on the shelf you could simply decide that they 'count as' something else from the team list, which is roughly the same size as the old model and has a similar function.

If you decide to use the 'counts as' rule, then there are four very important things to keep in mind:

1. Before the tournament begins you must approach a Referee and notify them of your decision to use the 'counts as' rule, and you must let them know what counts as what. The Referee may, at their discretion, disallow any 'counts as' choice if they feel it is inappropriate or confusing.

2. Before each game starts you must tell your opponent that you have decided to use the 'counts as' rule, and you must let him know what counts as what.

3. If a model in your team counts as something else, then all of that type of model in your team must count as being the same thing. You may not say this model counts as player type 'A' while this exact same model counts as player type 'B', for example.

4. The 'counts as' rule is included to allow you to use all the models in your collection, not as a method of fine-tuning your team for every game that you play. Therefore you may not use the counts as rule for models that are included in the team list you are using. If the model is included in the team lists, then the WYSIWYG rule takes precedence.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?