The referee's a W####R

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

pigstar
Rookie
Rookie

The referee's a W####R

Post by pigstar »

:?: Hey guys my first post. just got back form grand tourney and had a mighty fine time. just a few things that really got my goat. 1 was the red stuff that was called food on the first day, i mean jeez where the they dig that crap up from.
But the main thing that really made me mad was a certain gw traffic warden/referee. My buddie was involved in a tight game v some lizzies and the lizzies had 3-4 dice rolls left to see if he could make a draw (2-2) the anouncer called time but my buddie (magic dave) told his opponenant just to quickly finish his dice rolls. i was merely spectating. the ref was near by and he came over and in no uncertain terms told the lizzie coach to stop rolling. m.d told the ref its just a few rolls left we wont be 30 seconds but the ref said no you must stop rolling now. Then i had my say. ref just let them finish. its not going to mess your tourney up and its allmost finished anyway. He just looked at me and again told the players to stop. (2 dice rolls to go)
both players protested to him but he just repeated himself. Then i became angry and told him he was talking out of his arse. but this time he just looked away and repeted himself again.
i mean you pay 50 quid to play in the gt and then you get some jerk who won't let ya finish 3-4 dice rolls to conclude ya game. i find that very harsh. rules are rules but they need to applied in the right manner and this ref allmost ruined my day.
As it happens the coaches did finish and the lizzies equalised with the last roll. much to the disspleasure of the w#####r :-)

Reason: ''
mlindsay2706
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mlindsay2706 »

jerks like that just ruin BB.

id probs get really jerky back though :lol:

come to the bradworthy bloodbowl tourneys! we wouldnt do that :D

we're located in devon, england. next tourney in august. check the NAF or pm me for details of future tourneys if your interested :D

[size=67]And death climbs up the steps one by one,
To give you the rose that's been burnt by her sun

Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own
Walk me to the graveyard
<b>Dig up her bones</b>[/size]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

mlindsay2706 wrote:jerks like that just ruin BB.
See my reply to Grotuk in the BB thread (where this should probably be.
id probs get really jerky back though :lol:
And probably get yellow/red carded in the process. :-?
come to the bradworthy bloodbowl tourneys! we wouldnt do that :D
But then you don't have nigh-on 200 results sheets to input, and double check, and 200 coaches to search through to find the 3 or 4 that enter the wrong results each round.
I mean, they announched that the coach score was the 16-point split, NOT the TD's after game 1 (or was it 2?), and they STILL got 4 cards in with the wrong details at the end of that round. :roll:

I'm not a GW employee, nor do I think they're the greatest thing to walk the planet, but having been on the otherside of the table has given me a much better insight into the problems they have.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
jordellfreshbreeze

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

thats wrong i mean its just a game cmon u should have kicked that guys ass or just told him to f off

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

jordellfreshbreeze wrote:thats wrong i mean its just a game cmon u should have kicked that guys ass or just told him to f off
An oxymoron? I think so.

Yeah the guy was an ass but fighting over a game of Blood Bowl? I gotta have a better reason than that to break a finger.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

jordellfreshbreeze wrote:thats wrong i mean its just a game cmon u should have kicked that guys ass or just told him to f off
With that attitude, probably just as well you couldn't make it - it would have easily earnt you a red card.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

pigstar, i have to side with the ref here. they are trying to keep the tourney going, and letting one table carry on after everyone else was told to stop isn't fair either.

and it wasn't even your game, you were just spectating, so honestly, this whole affair is not really any of your business anyway.

again, if he lets one table continue, he has to let them all, and then suddenly there is no real time limit. the time limit of the game was set before hand, everyone knew about it and implicitly agreed to it.

i guess i'm the hard@$$, but to be honest i think you and they deserved a yellow card as is. the fact that the guy had to tell them to stop playing SEVERAL times should be a clue...by about the 3rd or 4th time saying "no seriously stop playing" i would have said "if i have to tell you again there will be cards given out" stop whining and abide by the rules of the tourney like everyone else.

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

i now mate i was only joking

Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Bonehead »

The ref should have announced to finish the current turn and all would've been happy, no?

Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Played six games over the weekend, and finished them all well within the time limit.

The GW bods give regular time updates from about 30 minutes to go, and I don't beleive that nobody present had a watch. If your opponent is regularly breaking the 4 minute rule then ask him to speed up, if he doesn't then call a ref. It might seem like splitting hairs, but if you're not going to finish and its not your fault there is no point abusing an offical who you didn't inform about it when you had the chance.

At the end of the day there are options available, and they, along with the rules, were spelled out clearly before the start of the event. One of the rules was "2 hours, stop rolling, dice down". It's not GWs fault if everyone refused to shut up and listen is it?

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
mlindsay2706

Post by mlindsay2706 »

Bonehead wrote:The ref should have announced to finish the current turn and all would've been happy, no?
yeah. just say end the game at the end of this turn.

sowwie darkson...ill be good :oops: :oops:

*shifty eyes*

[size=67]And death climbs up the steps one by one,
To give you the rose that's been burnt by her sun

Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own
Walk me to the graveyard
<b>Dig up her bones</b>[/size]
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

i watched the end of this one as it was my buddy playing the main problem was the ref's little hitler attitude

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

the main prob was that the ref didn't look to see where we were in our game, if he had and seen that we were in the last throws of the game and had waited or check some other guys near us and come back, then we wouldn't of had a prob.

just a question, who are the most important people at a tourney?

Darkson can this be moved to the Blood bowl page

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

This belongs in the BB forum and not the general chat. So it's been moved.

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Bonehead wrote:The ref should have announced to finish the current turn and all would've been happy, no?
Depends. Towards the end of a game, particularly on crucial turns, some people take ages. Sometimes you have to be able to call a game in the middle of a turn.

At Euc Bowl I start the count down with 1 hour left - that means if you are still on T4 you can speed up a bit without going flat out - where as if you leave it until 30mins or 15mins then there isn't too much time to play with.

Even then I normally let games go on for another 10-15mins before stopping them.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams