Checking the warhammer World webcam now...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Torpor wrote:TO = Tournament Organiser
Thanks! So why were they so terrible?

Reason: ''
http://www.impactminiatures.com
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

Chairface wrote:
i thought it was turnovers! :wink:

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Apparently someone got a text message during day one and was told that there was a weirdo walking around in a Kilt and Bowler hat

I wounder who that could have been :?:

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

I sat one table up and across from that weirdo at one point... the view was terrible :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Apparently someone got a text message during day one and was told that there was a weirdo walking around in a Kilt and Bowler hat
:P That was a text from my wife who was looking at the webcam page. She didn't see me immediately but she sure found Hoomin easily enough.

The exact text was
didnt see you just some weirdo in bowler hat and kilt.
As a certain commercial says

Bowler Hat £15
Blood Bowl Ticket £50
Kilt £100
Being called a weirdo by 12:30 on Day One... Priceless... :lol:

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Chairface wrote:
First: the "referee" for the final didnt know the rules. Not a big problem cause he check it and give me the reason. It was about fumbles... Its a pain that in the biggest tournament, most of (this is not about you Darkson) the refeeres didnt know the rules.
Second: 4th game matches in the first tables. They left 1 turn to end the match...one of the referees ask them to stop. In both games one of the players did can score for the draw. The argument is that they need the half-hour to introduce the results. Ok, pretty well, but you can start introducing the other ones and give a last chance to score. Is not about 20 minutes...its about 5 minutes. This doesnt happen in the rest of the tournaments i play.
Third: The random of the games. Which manager did they use? What rubish is it? People playing the same player twice and people with better results in tables under others with the same points. Annoying.
Fourth: Its not cheap, and worst, they spend less than last year. This year's "coin" sucks... and we payed 10 pounds more to assist. Also, for the spanish taste, the food was terrible..

Finally, this was not about the TOs...but this year I missed a lot of people in there...the Saturday evening at the Bugmans was boring.

They must think about it...we spend around 250 pounds to play the tourney...and i prefer to pay that for a better tourney...

boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

wow my dad said he though Hoomin looked like a wierdo aswell but i though he was great :D does that make me a wierdo aswell??

Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

No that doesn't make you a weirdo

I mean I was walking around the place with a Blue apron on (Halfling Coach)

Torpor It was nice to meet some one who know's good beer when he see's it I particularly liked the T-Shirt

Besides my mate got Hoomin in game one and he came last with his team of 11 Dwarf Longbeards (This is the same guy who last year brought 9 Longbeards and 2 Slayers and took Mighty Blow across the board as his skill choice)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

grotuk wrote:most of (this is not about you Darkson) the refeeres didnt know the rules.
I know the rules?
Shame I can't play the game though. ;)
Second: 4th game matches in the first tables. They left 1 turn to end the match...one of the referees ask them to stop. In both games one of the players did can score for the draw. The argument is that they need the half-hour to introduce the results. Ok, pretty well, but you can start introducing the other ones and give a last chance to score. Is not about 20 minutes...its about 5 minutes.
Ok, this one I can't let go. Now, I used to agree with your view, but having seen it from the "other side", I can understand their point. It is spelt out in black & white that games get 2 hours. 2 hours, not 2 hours 30m, 2 hours 15m or 2 hours and 5 min - it's 2 hours. There were people coming up after every round asking when the next one started, or when the lists would be posted. Well, every game that ran over delays that for everyone else. 190 coaches in each round - 180-odd manage to finish in time. I understand it was tense at the top (I've been there once!), but they can't start making exceptions for one or two coaches - if they'd let that game play on, then they have to let everyones cary on.
Third: The random of the games. Which manager did they use? What rubish is it? People playing the same player twice and people with better results in tables under others with the same points.
Honestly not sure on this one. My understanding was (and note I didn't see the spreadsheet) it based the positions on games points first, then by your first name alphabetically (which I agree wasn't ideal). I don't think they used a dedicated Tourney Manager, I think it was just a normal Excel spreadsheet. Wheter that's because they don't know there's one out there, or they just don't want to use it, I've non idea.
If someone can send me the link (or links) for Tourney Management tools, I'll pass it onto the GW guys.
This year's "coin" sucks...
I quite like it - I perfered it to the 2003/3004 ones.
Also, for the spanish taste, the food was terrible..
Tbh, from an English taste, I wasn't that impressed either. The cottage pie on Saturday evening was nice, but the "roast" on Sunday was awful, and there wasn't much choice on the Saturday.

Nice to put a face to the name (sure we've met before, but I was probably drunk at the time ;) ), and thanks for bringing the Barbarian over. :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

grotuk wrote:
Chairface wrote:
First: the "referee" for the final didnt know the rules. Not a big problem cause he check it and give me the reason. It was about fumbles... Its a pain that in the biggest tournament, most of (this is not about you Darkson) the refeeres didnt know the rules.
Actually (and I should have mentioned this in the post above), they're aware that the situation isn't ideal for this, and one they're lookig into.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Ok, I understand your point...and i understand the point of the rest of the ref's...making exceptions is not good...but sometimes you need to do it...just to keep it friendly...in you can do that...somebody can start wasting time when he is winning...and this sucks.

Also, i forgot in the othe post...one thing happens to me this year and if i remember right, last year to Longfang...is the crappy paint system. Somebody forgot or didnt want to mark the ticks for the painting points and i get 5 points...where my team is completely paintes, numbered, based and so...(longfangs was selected for best painted team)...so change it. They changed the spormantship system...so they can do it. Maybe if you get 4 of each ticks..you get 2 points for each. Just a first thought.

And for the manager..yeah...for me, the alphabetical order is just random...non based on the game. My fauvorite manager is Yavatol's and you can find it here:

http://www.jorisdormans.nl/article.php?ref=score

Regards

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

grotuk wrote:somebody can start wasting time when he is winning...and this sucks.
There's a rule in place for this already, one that officially, we've meant to have played every year at the BB, the 4 minute rule.
If anyone had an opponent that was deliberatly taking an age over their turn just to keep ahead, just call a ref.

I played a guy that barely knew the rules (or so it seemed), and he'd easily take 5-6 mins on each turn. Now, I was just playing as the odd-man, and winning, so I wasn't that worried, but we stopped on turn 5 2nd half. I was surprised he wasn't called all tounrnament.

Oh, and cheers for the link - I'll send it on. Didn't Tim do one?

boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

Darkson wrote:
I played a guy that barely knew the rules (or so it seemed), and he'd easily take 5-6 mins on each turn. Now, I was just playing as the odd-man, and winning, so I wasn't that worried, but we stopped on turn 5 2nd half. I was surprised he wasn't called all tounrnament.

was he an old guy that shook his dice in a wierd cup and played humans?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You got lumbered..er.. paired up with him as well?

Unlucky. :(

Frank
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Frank »

Darkson wrote:Oh, and cheers for the link - I'll send it on. Didn't Tim do one?
Yavatols Score automatically changes the pairs, if coaches already played each other. In Tims Excel sheet you get red marks and have to change manually.
I (and Tim) strongly recommend every TO to use Yavatols Score. The setting for the new round is made after seconds and not after 30 minutes.

At Dungeonbowl I showed Andy Hall the program. But Fanatic is not the BBGT organizer, so this information didn't reached Che Webster. I spoke with him after the tournament and he didn't know about this tool. I thought that it's GW politics which avoid using it, but he asked me for the link.
So my hope is, that next year they will use it. In this case they have to change the result sheets, but I'm sure they will see that this tool makes the life easier.