Evening Entertainment

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Evening Entertainment

Post by Giraffe »

I have been to the last two Lenton BB tourneys & really enjoyed them, but think it needs more entertainment in the evening. I'd be willing to offer my help in organising something, but I'm not sure who to talk to...

I'm running a BB Tourney at the Euro GT 11th-12th March 06, and in the evening we're providing Squig Racing, a Mini Dungeon Bowl Tourney and even a Lookalike Competition("can YOU drink / punch / pose / shout like Thrud?") .The Tourney is called Thrud Bowl, in honour of Thrud The Barbarian, and his creator Carl Critchlow has provided signed Graphic Novels, posters and Cards as prizes to the tourney. We've even got a few Thrud Blood Bowl Figures (now discontinued, but still a legal Star Player) as prizes. There will be loads of entertainment anyway, as the event is at Butlins Bognor Regis, but we're catering for those who want the gaming atmosphere to last all weekend...

Surely Lenton could do something similar? How about some Cheer Leaders perhaps ...

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

God no! No "organized" evening events thanks. I want t be able to spend my time talking with mates I might not have seen for months, rather than being told to "shut up" like we were by the comedian a couple of years ago (and I use the word "comedian" in it's broadest sense). After playing 3 intense (sometimes!) games of BB, I just want to relax.

The BB coaches can provide all the entertainment needed.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Have to agree with Darkson. Organising the evening would destroy it. Just being able to play informal games of BB\DB\Fluxx, and get pissed is what makes it all fun.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

"Organised" Events??

Post by Giraffe »

I didn't mean like "compulsory" entertainment, just that it might be nice if there it was easier to get involved with some other games and stuff WHILST getting drunk. Its a little daunting to introduce yourself to a big group you don't know.

I can understand those who like to chill out after a hard day's tournying, and the thought of a comic sends shivers down my spine, so i see your point. Perhaps GW could put up a board for advertising evening games? Or is there one already and I just missed it?

It's my brother Big Ookie's first tourny, and I want him to really enjoy it....

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There will be plenty of side games going on. If you don't know anyone, just introduce yourselves, you'll be pretty much guarenteed a warm welcome, and either be offered a game, or a space made for you (especially if hoomin brings Fluxx ;)).

Tbh, if you make the effort to make yourself known, you'll find that, on the whole, BB coaches are a very friendly bunch. I didn't know anyone by face when I turned up at the first Spiky, but guys like Deathwing, Ace2k and others made me feel very welcome (which they might regret now ;) :lol:).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

I've made the effort and have only been to the last two BB's and a couple of the guys know my face (and dread to see it) but I met most of them at the Pearly Kings and Queens Tournament (And Yes I'll be bring my Bombardier hat I Drank myself at last years pearlies)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Fluxx will be there. In fact, i have:

Stoner Fluxx
Eco Fluxx
Family Fluxx

Hmm, choices choices!!

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Other games are welcome, I remember the Essex lads setting up 4 way Deathbowl on the 'chess barrel' one year. The quiz was always fun (What's the connection between JJ and 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' indeed!). What's squig racing? Me and longfang have long discussed creating a gobbo pogo stick racing game, but in reality, one of those things we'll never get around to.
Torpor was mad enough to bring his super heavy dungeonbowl set on the train one year.
Rat Ogre Bowl is goofy and highly amusing, so bringing along a Rat Ogre isn't a bad idea.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Ye

DEATH BOWL DEATH BOWL

Oh wait I've just come up with something really really sick

Stunty Vendeta Death Bowl

Oh god what a nightmare that would be to run

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

I'm in the process of researching into Squig Racing, which I first read about in thee MR.Tournament Orgainser article. I'll let you know when I have more.

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

The best entertaiment for the evening is chat with the waitress :lol:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I just had a flashback to that honey who was behind the bar at the first BB...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thadrin wrote:I just had a flashback to that honey who was behind the bar at the first BB...

:o ........ :smoking:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

OK This is provisional IF i can get hold of a Deathbowl Pitch I'll be running a Vendetta Deathbowl game on Saturday night

Or failing my getting hold of a Deathbowl pitch I'll be bringing down a Roleplay map and we can have a good old game of Dungonbowl

Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

What is no one interested in playing a Death Or Dungeon Bowl game?