Tournament attitude

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Jackhammer
Rookie
Rookie

Tournament attitude

Post by Jackhammer »

Hey guys,
I've never been to an official tournament of any kind before, and I was wondering from some of you guys that frequent the GT quite often what the general attitude's like there?
I get a lot of people telling me I won't enjoy it and that its a really unfriendly atmosphere, but from my personal experience i've always found this to be a myth and the participants are all cool and fair (even if the forces they're fielding aren't :-? )
I was planning on meandering to Nottingham, having a bit of a laugh with my humans, eating too much and hoping for a nomination for painting, will there be people there with similar agenda's or is it really not that type of event?

Reason: ''
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

If that is your genuine attitude then you will have a great time! :D

The Blood Bowl (or 'Big BB' as I've heard it referred to) has a collection of the finest Blood Bowl players in the world. That includes gaming ability, painting ability, sportsmanship, comradery and just pure coolness of all coaches including at least nine different nationalities!!!!

I have done both pretty darn well and pretty darn terrible at the two Big BB's I've been to and I enjoyed them both the same. Fantastic, relaxed yet competitive atmosphere, amazing setting and loads of beer 8) :P .

Yeah man, get down there, it's gonna be uber-cool, and if you're there on the Friday before 9pm I'll even buy you a pint!!

(the time limit is there as my memory for the entire weekend tends to rapidly decline after the Friday night, just ask for Aran or DC... :wink: )

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Jackhammer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jackhammer »

Yeah man definately! Although it'll have to be a coke ( I don't drink...long story).

You'll know who i am, for I shall be the black haired twenty-year old guy walking round gawping at everything. Even though i work for GW and have been to warhammer world a million times i still walk round like a ten-year old in a candy store.

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Well if yer gonna be walking around gawping at everything, you'll not be seeing us. We'll all be in the bar under the tables!!

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

hoomin_erra wrote:We'll all be in the bar under the tables!!
Such a pervert!!

DC...is the pint for everyone arrives before 9 pm? If so..i'll take a earlier flight :D

Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

The Blood Bowl is just a complete laugh you can meet up with a bunch of nutters (Yes I am one of them) and IF your lucky you may even get to play a funny little card game called Stoned Flux (LOOOOOOOOOOONG story behind that one).

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

The Bloodbowl tournament can be fun, games are generally played in a friendly mannner, but it is a large tournament and because of this loses a little of the overall friendly atmosphere of a smaller tournament.

If you enjoy the Bloodbowl tournament, I would recommend going to some of the other tournaments .

Besters

Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Oh no its that damm Psy-Cop Bester (Sorry couldn't resist)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

It's "Stoner Fluxx" , and yes i may very well be bringing it with! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

grotuk wrote: DC...is the pint for everyone arrives before 9 pm? If so..i'll take a earlier flight :D
For you mate, of course!!! 8) For everyone arriving before 9pm? Hmm, that may cause my wallet some severe problems... :-? :wink:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hmm, DC's offer seems to be making it necessary for me to slightly re-arrange my travel plans. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

So DC is paying for all the beer before 9pm??? Ok, that brings the Scottish departure forward a bit!!!

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Wahey... DC is paying for the Scottish teams booze!

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Mines a large one please DC

Word to Your Mother.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Well, if DC is paying for the booze I might have to phone GW and see if they have any more tickets :lol:

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]