ticket

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

boar
Experienced
Experienced

ticket

Post by boar »

I have my ticket now :D Entry number 002. Ill be taking my orcs. Hopefully it won't get in the way of my GCSE revision too much. But never mind it should be worth it. Hope to see you guys there.

Reason: ''
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

How the hell do you have a ticket if they are only going on sale on 28 feb???

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

28th Jan :P

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

either way thats still 10 days away that is unless this guy works at head office

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Ithilkir wrote:28th Jan :P
bleh!!!

Not my fault, my keyboard suffers from dyslexia :P :P

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

Clubs in the Gaming Club Network (GCN) were able to get them on the 14th. I got our club tickets in the post yesterday.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

That's bang out of order! If they are going to do that they should at least have told the rest of us and given us the chance to do something about it (er, like join the Gaming Network thingy).

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not happy.

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

Why is that out of order? There is a limited allocation for the clubs so you will still be able to get a ticket on the 28th.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Isn't it about time that Bloodbowl entry should be based on qualification tournaments rather than who is available to telephone on the day tickets go on sale?

But with the present system, I agree with Lucifer, why should there be a pre-allocation?

Besters

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

Don't be rediculous, pre-qualification. You are then limiting who can enter. Some of us can't go round the world entering tourneys all the time so why should we be penalised for that?

If it bothers you so much then join a club. I went to a lot of effort to set up our club and get people involved in the hobby, we help out and organise tourneys and do GamesDay etc in our own time and at our own expense and this is GW's way of a little thank you I guess.

You can still get a ticket, it's not hurting you so get over it.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

besters wrote:Isn't it about time that Bloodbowl entry should be based on qualification tournaments rather than who is available to telephone on the day tickets go on sale?
It's a social thing :) I'm not there to win it, but I'm there to hook up with friends and have a good time.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

@ Cluster - the point is that the pre-sale allocation (however many that might be!) was secretly done. Had I known that that would happen I would have joined/started a GCN club to qualify for early/gteed ticket. As you've said yourself - you don't join in the tournament network and support tournaments everywhere. So why should you be rewarded by getting preferential treatment to the most prestigious???

I disagree with pre-qualifying as the BB event should be international, and having to complete heats first is expensive from a travel point of view.

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

[quote="lucifer"]@ Cluster - the point is that the pre-sale allocation (however many that might be!) was secretly done. Had I known that that would happen I would have joined/started a GCN club to qualify for early/gteed ticket.

It wasn't done in secret, you just didn't know about it.

I may have been harsh in my reaction, but the club thing is close to my heart and it takes a lot of my time and effort to keep it going, but to be honest if you join/start a club then do it for the right reasons - not just to get early tickets, thats just a bonus.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

... and the tournament scene is close to mine and it too takes a lot of time and effort to keep going.

Why should people who don't support tournaments get preferential treatment to the most prestigious?

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

But we do support tournies - thats the point. But as part of the club we help out at them, we organise local ones, we help out at GamesDay. We don't just go. I am not saying that just because of that we deserve to get tickets early, but that's just the way it is. They made an offer to clubs and I took advantage of it, by buying the same amount of tickets that I would have done anyway.

I just don't see what your beef is about. The only people that wanted tickets from my club were the people that would have been on the phone trying to get them anyway at 9 in the morning on the 28th.

As you said - now you know the score you can do something about it. If you live near Brighton come and join ours.