Question regarding Apoth and painting

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Sprout_man
Experienced
Experienced

Question regarding Apoth and painting

Post by Sprout_man »

Brief question for all you Bloodbowl veterans out there. It says in the rules package that you need to provide models for coaching staff - does that include Apothocaries? The only Apoth model I have is not Citadel, and not painted, both of which are also ruled out in the rules. I'm taking Amazons so, if needs be, I could just leave the Apothocary and take another reserve instead, but I'd prefer the Apothocary if I have the choice.

Any thoughts?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I could be corrected here.

But I'm pretty sure for you to use it at an official GW tournament that the apothecary will need a painted GW model.

Galak

Sprout_man
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sprout_man »

Crap. Extra reserve it is then.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, I've never taken a painted Apo to any tourney (including 2 BB's at Warhammer World) and I've never had anyone complain. Just let your opponent before hand and you should be ok.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Take any model at all, it doenst even have to be the same race, it says nowhere in the rules that the aopth must be the same race as the team, free lance doc :wink: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I think Darkson is correct that you might be able to sneak it through ... however if you got some hardcase rule lawyer type ... I think he could get it disallowed.

However ... most BB players (including myself) would allow it.

Galak

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

... and, as Valen says, you can use any model at all to represent your apoth. You could use a 40K genestealer if you wanted to. :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
gortexgunnerson
Rookie
Rookie

Apoth model

Post by gortexgunnerson »

Well at last years BB had a similar problem after a last minute team change! So I just took a spare line man and painted a big red cross on his shoulder pad! lol the commitment! But the BB is a pretty chilled tournment so I wouldnt expect anyone to be an arse! But I would bring something along, perhaps the Valten model with the fingers, so if anyone complains you can pull him out of your case in a smug smile! :D

It is right that it has to be represented by a painted GW model but as I said the BB is the most chilled and best tournment I've ever gone to. So dont think you'll have that much of a problem, and definately not with a painted but non GM model! (Or if your a fast painter maybe could knock out a lamarien vampire model, that would be quite a good apoth. Due to my heavy world load and inability to get anything painted my lineman is going back this year!)

Team challenge 2016

Painted: Chaos,
Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

Personally I'm using a Priest of Ulric as my Apoth (Here's really my Human Teams head coach)

Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

IIRC last year they didn't check about coaching staff models or anything. Probably worth asking Indigo if they are going to do anything this year.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Sprout_man
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sprout_man »

Cool, well the fact that I have extra reserve models means I could just use one of them if anyone gets picky. The only reason I was worried is that I've never been to the Bloodbowl before, and whilst no one at other tournaments I've been to would mind, you hear stories...

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Sprouty, no one ever checks you even HAVE an apoth model, let alone who the model is by. Just clag him (or her) on the roster.

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

yeah to be honest no-one will look. But on the safe side I will be bringing something jsut in case.... old 3rd ed rule stated coach fig was required to ague the call - just in case i foul (doubt it) one will be with me.

Should be just a big drinking fest with some dice - but be prepared it can be nasty in the warhammer world

...the pope said to his aid...