i cant go

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

boar
Experienced
Experienced

i cant go

Post by boar »

curse gw not letting me go because i am only 15. Why do they have to have an age limit? the reason they gave me is it is too far and id need to stay in a hotel. No i dont. I live half an hour away. Wish i could go i love bb soooooo much.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you can always come along and watch, i am sure some of the northern guys might let you drink shandy with them as well

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Thats bull s**t, Grums only 10 :lol:

But seriously, that is crap :cry:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dunno, wasn't the age limit something to do with having a licenesed premises/building insurance?

I'm sure I saw a thread about it for a previous BB.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

What about the kids who come in playing warhammer???

Does that mean they would refuse someone admission if they brought their 15 year old son too watch??

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No, for tourneys.

Like I said, I thought I'd seen a thread about this before, but I migh be wrong, and even if I'm not, I can't be sure where it was.

Maybe it was they didn't want kids on their own. If you bring your 15yo along, then your responsible for them. If a 15yo comes on their own, perhaps they have to take responsibiblity.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

do they really check ID's for age?

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

dude just don't tell them and do not buy any beer or say you will be 16 the day of the tourny and see if you can get a free gift.....a coin......or something.......ready for your twenty first birthday.......if you are lucky

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

i can try but they might recognise the name since i managed to get them to allow me into the veterans open day as an "exception". If they dont let me the stadiums being infested with squigs. Or i could just come and watch. :roll: . Darkson you might have seen my complaints on the gw forums, theyve been deleted now, only because i was telling the truth and didnt want people to know.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Did they give you a reason? It's possible that, as I said above, there are legal reasons why they can't allow you. if there is, then they were probably correct to delete your post on GW (though I didn't see it).

boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

only reason given was that it would be to far for me to go and that if i stayed after 9 it wouldnt be legal for me to be in the bar. they said i wasnt experienced enough at wargames when ive been playng 8 yrs. when i told them that they said you guys wouldnt want anyone with an attitude like that to be there.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, I can give them the bar bit, but looks like they're trying to make a mountain out a molehill tbh.

Still, wheter you or I agree with it or not, they can make any decision they like on who they acceppt or not. :-?

boar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by boar »

yeh but it still sucks.

squig87
Veteran
Veteran

Post by squig87 »

Whats the age limit? That sucks big time.... I'd just turn up to be honest, If they check your ID I'm sure most of the BB players would tell GW that they are a bunch of dickheads and convince them to let you in. I seriously cant see them stopping you from playing. I know for a fact that BB players arnt bothered about age. The kid who came second in our lower division the other week is 12. He came second to a 22 year old, just...

Sucks.

Berrrlitz!!!
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Boar-
Come on by on Friday evening or Saturday/Sunday afternoon/evening even if you decide not to try your luck at entering the tournament. I am sure that you could get a pick up game or two somewhere in Bugmans. I don't see the Bugmans' staff suddenly wandering around the place at 9pm, saying 'You look underage, Get out of here' if you care to stay past then. Just don't make it an issue and it probably won't be. If nothing else, you will get a chance to put faces to names that you see online.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...