Oh god the rules are a mess again!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

The rules have to be available to everyone before the event, even those without net access. So it is not necessarily "daft in the extreme" to be using LRB 3 instead of LRB 4.

Have they published the 2004 RR yet? (I'm assuming that they have published the 2003 RR in hard copy somewhere.)

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Erm, don't think so, the RR03 was never in the Annual, and I can't recall it in a BB Mag.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Didn't the 2003 RR go in BB/Fanatic Mag?

Otherwise they haven't published anything since the '03 annual.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS »

2004 rr was made official on nov 24th 2004 on the bb website,.

we are all worms, i think i'm a glo-worm
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

So Big guys will have general access and all the old kickoff events will be used(e.g. Blitz or Pitch invasion) ???:o

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Mordredd wrote:The rules have to be available to everyone before the event, even those without net access. So it is not necessarily "daft in the extreme" to be using LRB 3 instead of LRB 4.
I doubt it - remember how Fanatic are downsizing to focus on their "online support". They know where the vast majority of their gamers get the rules for BB.

I mailed Brian a long time ago about this issue and the star players and he said he is sorting it out. It's no use mailing Fanatic at all - this is all purely GW events so all you will get back from them will be an "it's not our fault" email.

I don't think any of the new teams are likely to be banned or anything, don't worry... Yes they should have given the NAF the rules for approval first but at least they will correct the mistake. It's not the end of the world :roll:

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

time for me to get painting those ogres then :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

Indigo wrote:
Mordredd wrote:The rules have to be available to everyone before the event, even those without net access. So it is not necessarily "daft in the extreme" to be using LRB 3 instead of LRB 4.
I doubt it - remember how Fanatic are downsizing to focus on their "online support". They know where the vast majority of their gamers get the rules for BB.

I mailed Brian a long time ago about this issue and the star players and he said he is sorting it out. It's no use mailing Fanatic at all - this is all purely GW events so all you will get back from them will be an "it's not our fault" email.

I don't think any of the new teams are likely to be banned or anything, don't worry... Yes they should have given the NAF the rules for approval first but at least they will correct the mistake. It's not the end of the world :roll:
maybe we could discuss several hours with the refs during the tournament :lol: :lol:

DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Zy-Nox wrote:time for me to get painting those ogres then :wink:
I thought you will play WE anyway :wink:

Hamster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hamster »

Just posted on the Games Workshop site, it still doesn't specifically mention the Pro Elf, Necromantic and Khemri teams:-

Blood Bowl and Epic Tournaments Update - 2/15/2005

We’ve received a number of emails asking us which teams or armies may be used in the Blood Bowl and Epic tournaments being held at Warhammer World later this year. Unfortunately we failed to update the rules from those that were used for last year's tournaments, an embarrassing mistake for which I apologise unreservedly. Systems have now been put in place to make sure that similar mistakes can’t happen again in future.

What the rules packs should say is that players can use any officially published Blood Bowl teams or Epic armies. In addition, the official errata and FAQs that can be found on the Blood Bowl and Epic websites do apply in this year’s tournaments.

For Blood Bowl this means that you can use the following teams: Human, Orc, Dwarf, High Elf, Skaven, Dark Elf, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Undead, Goblin, Halfling, Wood Elf, Norse, Lizardmen, Amazon, and Ogres & Vampires. Please note that the Ogres and Vampires were missed out of the list in the rules pack, but will be allowed at the tournament.

In addition, the errata and FAQ from the 2004 Rules Review will apply in this years Blood Bowl.

For Epic this means you may use the following army lists: Codex Astartes, Steel Legion, Ghazgkhull Mag Uruk Thraka’s War Horde, Speed Freaks, White Scars, Biel-Tan Eldar Craftworld, Baran Siegemasters & Warlord Snagga Snagga’s Feral Ork Horde. The Speed Freak and White Scare lists can be found in the New Rules section of the Epic website. The Biel-Tan, Siegemaster and Feral Ork lists are currently in the Swordwind files that can be found in the Experimental Rules section of the Epic website. Note that although the last three lists are currently experimental, by the time of the tournament Swordwind will have been published and the army lists contained in it will be ‘tournament legal’. Last but not least, the Errata & FAQ from the Epic website will apply at the tournament.

My aplogies, once again, for the confusion over the armies and rules to be used at this years Blood Bowl and Epic tournaments. If you have any further questions about the events then please don’t hesitate to email me with them at jervis@games-workshop.co.uk.

Jervis Johnson
Head Fanatic

“Howl like a hamster!”
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Sorted.

:roll:

Roll on Rock City... :P 8)

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Looks good...

Cannot wait for him to try again though... :lol:

Then again, it normally takes a couple of rounds for GW to sort something out.

btw- Jervis is missing Rotters as well :P

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

All sorted. All Official Teams allowed. All knickers can now be untwisted.

Although, maybe star player use also needs clarification. You know, double as posted or RR04 costings. My thoughts would be the latter, but best to get confirmation if you want to use them.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Further to today’s earlier Blog entry, please note that the following teams from the 2003 Rules Review may be used in the Blood Bowl tournament: Khemri, Nurgles Rotters, Necromantic, & (Pro) Elf. The rules for these teams can be found in the 2003 Rules Review

Jervis Johnson
Head Fanatic
guess JJ had a brain fart, but he fixed it quickly :)

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Stars now clarified:
Jervis wrote:And postively the last one, I promise : ) Further to the last two entries in the Blog, please note that the cost of Star Players will not be doubled at this year's Blood Bowl. Instead you should use the new 'One-Off' match fee listed for the Star Player in the 2004 Rules Review.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.